Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Never heard of it before

Actually looks quite nice!

Pure-Pool-Xbox-One-screenshot-1.jpg
    Pure-Pool-Xbox-One-screenshot-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anyone get AC Unity? I've read so many bad reviews about glitches, frame rate, floating npcs. I've had every instalment since 2007 and I know everyone says it's the same recipe every year but it was one of those games I still looked forward to every November. Not sure if I can get this though. Is it one of those cases where the Internet has completely blown the whole thing out of proportion or am I guaranteed to get screwed if I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Anyone get AC Unity? I've read so many bad reviews about glitches, frame rate, floating npcs. I've had every instalment since 2007 and I know everyone says it's the same recipe every year but it was one of those games I still looked forward to every November. Not sure if I can get this though. Is it one of those cases where the Internet has completely blown the whole thing out of proportion or am I guaranteed to get screwed if I get it?

I got AC Unity and everything you read about it is true. It is full of bugs and glitches... I lost a save today with 50 hours game time logged and loads of top end stuff...

What I did when it happend? First complained to Ubi support and then jumped straight back into the game to get back what I lost...

It is typical AC game... Bugs, glitches and ton of fun.:mad::(:confused::eek::D(emotionally confused)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Definitely hold off til it's patched. It's a mess in it's current state.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Definitely hold off til it's patched. It's a mess in it's current state.

Sunset Overdrive it is so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you wont be sorry, its excellent.

Aeghnor wrote: »
    I got AC Unity and everything you read about it is true. It is full of bugs and glitches... I lost a save today with 50 hours game time logged and loads of top end stuff...

What I did when it happend? First complained to Ubi support and then jumped straight back into the game to get back what I lost...

It is typical AC game... Bugs, glitches and ton of fun.:mad::(:confused::eek::D(emotionally confused)

Can you keep us posted if things improve with the game - fixes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

Can you keep us posted if things improve with the game - fixes etc?

I haven't encountered any glitches, but I've only played few hours. I think the worst version is pc at the moment with a lot of graphical issues which need to be patched as its currently unplayable for some people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mikill87 wrote: »
    I haven't encountered any glitches, but I've only played few hours. I think the worst version is pc at the moment with a lot of graphical issues which need to be patched as its currently unplayable for some people

+1 I watched the glitches videos compilation and so far ..... sequence 5 now all I've encountered were some odd npc pop in's .... very few i'll add and that frame rate issue when they are on the window inside notré dame which for the record you have no reason or direction in game to actually climb on anyway.

Co-op as I mentioned else were is broken for me, get stuck on a loading screen every time. the game itself ....hmmmmm the less I say about the "story" the better but having played this myself there seems to be serious amount of knives out for it which I can understand but i think the bugs thing has been over hyped the game is not "broken" or "unplayable" its poor and a few steps back in terms of the series though.

TLDR: games not broken the story is and has been for 5 or 6 years

My favourite game so far on the One. Addictive ain't the word! :)

• Advertisement

Trying to find AC Unity Notre Dame edition in Dublin without a preorder. Anyone know where? I went into GameStop in Dun Laoghaire, they had some in the back but wouldn't give it to me without a preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Trying to find AC Unity Notre Dame edition in Dublin without a preorder. Anyone know where? I went into GameStop in Dun Laoghaire, they had some in the back but wouldn't give it to me without a preorder.

I'd say keep trying the store. They only hold preorders for 48hrs then release them for sale if not collected. Alot of people won't be getting this after the state it was released in.

I'd say keep trying the store. They only hold preorders for 48hrs then release them for sale if not collected. Alot of people won't be getting this after the state it was released in.

Got it in Stephen's Green. Quick question if anyone knows? An AR code with 2 additional missions came with the game. I've installed the additional missions but I've no idea where they are. Any suggestions?

Got it in Stephen's Green. Quick question if anyone knows? An AR code with 2 additional missions came with the game. I've installed the additional missions but I've no idea where they are. Any suggestions?

If u go to Assassin's Creed in My games n apps they should be to the right of it, I think.

How do I stop myself from being noticed by guards in AC Unity? Anytime I sprint through an area with guards, they are immediately alerted towards me. Likewise, I'm currently doing the cafe side missions. Most of them involve me having to enter an area filled with guards and try and talk to someone. I end up alerting them all immediately and then trying to kill them all.....dying most of the time though when more than one attack at the same time. Is there a way to sneak into these areas? Also, how do you defend when you're in the middle of countering a guard and another comes in from the left? As I'm countering the first guard, there doesn't appear to be any way to stop the other from getting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Lads, can anyone help.
    I bout COD : AW digital code the other day. That's not the problem.
    It's been downloading for near 20 hours and is only at 18%
    I've done speed tests all around the house on phone and laptop (even on xbox one) They've all been coming back early and high 20's. Yet the highest I got on the xbox is only 8.5mb. Surely even with the 8.5 it wouldn't take 20+ hours for a 40 gig (direct) download.
    It's driving me mad. Bought the game yesterday, won't get to play it now till god knows when.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nicklauski wrote: »
    Lads, can anyone help.
    I've done speed tests all around the house on phone and laptop (even on xbox one) They've all been coming back early and high 20's. Yet the highest I got on the xbox is only 8.5mb. Surely even with the 8.5 it wouldn't take 20+ hours for a 40 gig (direct) download.
    It's driving me mad. Bought the game yesterday, won't get to play it now till god knows when.

Mine took nearly 30 hours to download. I think its just a slow down on the server side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mine took nearly 30 hours to download. I think its just a slow down on the server side

Thanks be to jaysis. Thought it was just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

nicklauski wrote: »
    Lads, can anyone help.

One of my digital download games was stuck at 55% for 2 days. In the end I had to cancel it and start from scratch without pausing it or resetting my Xbox and it finished 40gb in about a day and a half on a 6mb connection.

Was also told my support to go to settings>dvd & bluray> clear persistent storage, do that 3 times after cancelling the download, then hard reset your xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the xbox for 10 seconds. Reboot and restart your download.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

Hello there. I have never played any of the Assassin's Creed games and was looking at buying Black Flag as its the first game available for Xbox One. I was just wondering if the games are a continuation from the games that were available on the xbox 360? Will I be lost only starting to play the games from Black Flag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

Hello there. I have never played any of the Assassin's Creed games and was looking at buying Black Flag as its the first game available for Xbox One. I was just wondering if the games are a continuation from the games that were available on the xbox 360? Will I be lost only starting to play the games from Black Flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Bostitch12 wrote: »
    To answer your question, yes Black Flag continues the story from the previous 360 titles.yes you will be lost and you'll be missing out on a fantastic series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cheers.. great find. For 12 dollars id be mad not to get it and give it ago.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll chance black flag for 12 dollars and hopefully ill still be able to still enjoy it anyway.

I've recently (re)started the franchise on Assasin's creed 2. I'm enjoying it but the storyline is pretty convuluted. I was happy to skip the inferior first game of the series (played a couple of hours when released) that setup some of the back story and enjoy if for what it is, a decent game in a great setting. You'll be fine. According to the critics only half of the games in the series are worth playing anyway.

I've played every AC game and I'm still lost. Definitely pick up Black Flag. I loved the Caribbean setting. I wasn't a fan of the naval sections (runs and hides behind the radiator), personally I prefer one giant city/cities to free run the ass out of!

AC: Unity???..............savage!!

So far I haven't been plagued much by dropped framerates (only once when I was inside a church....think it dropped to single digits). Loving the setting, story, side missions, renovating cafes and clubs and general boystrous murder.

AC: Unity???..............savage!!

So far I haven't been plagued much by dropped framerates (only once when I was inside a church....think it dropped to single digits). Loving the setting, story, side missions, renovating cafes and clubs and general boystrous murder.

I think I mentioned in the other thread in games I had frame rate drop in that spot, but only when I climb on the glass inside. If I hadn't seen a video of it I likely wouldn't have climbed on it to see if it happened myself as I don't think the mission directs you onto it or gives you a reason to does it?

Same as you regards frame rate in the rest, I noticed little if any problems.

calex71 wrote: »
    I think I mentioned in the other thread in games I had frame rate drop in that spot, but only when I climb on the glass inside. If I hadn't seen a video of it I likely wouldn't have climbed on it to see if it happened myself as I don't think the mission directs you onto it or gives you a reason to does it?

Same as you regards frame rate in the rest, I noticed little if any problems.

Yeh it was the glass that did it alright. It felt like a had tried to play Crysis 3 on a Commodore 64. It can slightly happen around large crowds but if I'm being honest, It actually adds a bit of weight to the characters movement - makes it more real.

I haven't tried co-op just yet. Do many play together?

Yeh it was the glass that did it alright. It felt like a had tried to play Crysis 3 on a Commodore 64. It can slightly happen around large crowds but if I'm being honest, It actually adds a bit of weight to the characters movement - makes it more real.

I haven't tried co-op just yet. Do many play together?

I tried a few games with ramdoms its as expected run in kill everything to hell with stealth, I let them to it and go and hunt sync points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Copied from the sunset overdrive thread

http://majornelson.com/2014/11/21/sunset-overdrive-free-xbox-live-gold-members-saturday/

Sunset overdrive is free this weekend - I cant recommend it highly enough to anyone who has an xbox one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Copied from the sunset overdrive thread

http://majornelson.com/2014/11/21/sunset-overdrive-free-xbox-live-gold-members-saturday/

Sunset overdrive is free this weekend - I cant recommend it highly enough to anyone who has an xbox one.

Will you have to download the full game or just a demo ?
    If its a demo I'll give it a bash but my connection is to slow to download a full game just for to play for 2 hours :(

Advertisement