Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luckless

Anyone here played Shape Up yet? Played the free trial and it keeps telling me there is a problem with the kinect and to run the setup again. No matter how I set it up it just keeps giving the same error. When I go ahead anyway only my upper torso shows. Bought the kinect 2nd hand, wondering if I got a dud. D4 works great but that's sitting down only.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Got forza horizon 2 there last week. In love with this game, already loved f( but thought there was just a few little things they missed and now in FH2 they hit the nail on the head.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like we'll be getting a remasterd Dark Souls 2 next year: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/25/dark-souls-ii-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-next-year

Unsure whether I'll buy it again or not although I still haven't gotten around to picking up the DLC....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Still haven't started Dark Souls after getting it free with games with gold, must attack the backlog over Christmas.

The remaster I really want to see next is Bioshock 1&2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Fight night champion has ruined my index finger and is rage inducing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Just finishd mgs ground zero, decent game but why only 1 mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Just finishd mgs ground zero, decent game but why only 1 mission?

I haven't played it yet but I understand its supposed to be a sort of small taste of what MGS V The Phantom Pain is gonna be like

zero19 wrote: »
    I haven't played it yet but I understand its supposed to be a sort of small taste of what MGS V The Phantom Pain is gonna be like

I know yea but its not worth 30euro lol. I taught there would be 2 or 3 missions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

rottie 11 wrote:
    I know yea but its not worth 30euro lol. I taught there would be 2 or 3 missions

reviews mentioned its length...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Just got to play the first mission on halo(original) in the master chief collection and one word DEADLY :D . God what a game!

Really annoyed with how big of an update the game originally neeeded (54GB!!) had to bring console to sisters to update it as my router would probably calf if I tried it on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You can now download your free Games with Gold December game Worms Battlegrounds :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can now download your free Games with Gold December game Worms Battlegrounds :D

On xb1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Great craic, always loved these games when playing with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Just got to play the first mission on halo(original) in the master chief collection and one word DEADLY :D . God what a game!

Really annoyed with how big of an update the game originally neeeded (54GB!!) had to bring console to sisters to update it as my router would probably calf if I tried it on it!!

Loved Halo, halo 2 and 3... The days of the system link with the original xbox, sniping on the snow level. Class! Made the switch in my 360 days over to COD, starting with MW2. Went to play a multiplayer game on the new halo first time tonight and got creamed!!!

Kept looking for the sprint button and to hide around corners etc :o

"Updates of last-gen games keep on coming. Ninja Theory's reboot of classic Capcom brawler DmC Devil May Cry is coming to Xbox One from March 17 next year, proudly waving the twin flags of '60 frames per second!' and '1080p!' with a mess of extra content. And, if that's not enough for you action-slasher fans, Devil May Cry 4 will arrive a few months later."

Source: http://www.totalxbox.com/82547/dmc-devil-may-cry-definitive-edition-coming-to-xbox-one/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

At this stage I'd gladly take a reissue for the one of the Fallout games

calex71 wrote: »
    At this stage I'd gladly take a reissue for the one of the Fallout games

This.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I knew there was a thread like this somewhere.......:pac:

Didn't want to clog up the general discussion thread but this sounds like a lot of fun. Galaxy Heist has been announced for the Xbox One (will probably show up on other platforms too at some stage). It sounds similar to No Man's Sky, Eve Online, Star Citizen etc. I'm guessing it's going to be F2P but the devs are adamant it won't be a pay 2 win type game.

I've never played any of these types of games before but the idea of them does appeal. I can't access the website at work but someone posted this description of the game in a comments section on reddit, it sounds like a heap of fun:
    Game Play Overview

Galaxy Heist is 100% skill based on every level, there will never be any 'Pay to Win' type setup. If any extra money options are available in the future(unlikely), it will only have aesthetic benefits. Players are free to do what they want, whether its go explore an abandoned space station, find some forgotten resources in a distant part of space, or hunt other players who have bounties on their head. We are also working on holding massive space battles but still figuring out just how many people we can have in one map together without crashing anyone so stay tuned for that.
    Pirating

To pirate another players ship is very straightforward. You will likely see them flying along in space, probably going somewhere new, looking for space junk to rummage, or just going to another space station to meet up with their friends. At any time you are free to engage and start tearing away at them. The starter ships will initially hold up to 4 people. That means you could be piloting while two other friends are manning extra guns and the fourth is guy is manning all the ship systems (more on this to come later). Once you shoot up another ship and disable it, you can either continue to shoot it until it blows up or you can shoot a tether onto it which pulls your own ship in and boards it. You will shortly be loaded to the interior of the ship with your team. After that you can try walk across the bridge connecting your ships and then hack the door to break in. Once in you can kill them to take their money, rob their cargo, or download valuable data from their computer systems. Be careful though, if they happen to kill you, you can always be robbed right back and there are no re spawns inside the ship while boarding another player. When you die you die.

Bounty Hunting

When players kill other players who have no bounty on them they will incur a bounty themselves which will follow them wherever they go. If at any time another player finds them, jumps on their ship, and kills them then the bounty is erased and the player who killed them receives the money. However, money doesn't grow off trees, so who's going to pay up? There will be an evenly balanced system implemented where the player who went around gunning down those innocent players will lose some of his own money as well when he is finally stopped. Bounty hunting will be one of the most fun and viable forms to make a living in Galaxy Heist.

Resources

If the player is low on cash or looking for more ways to earn a living then they can find resources from abandoned space stations, space junk floating around aimlessly, or the cargo hold on another players ship if they are brave. More to come on this in the future.

Other Features

There are many other features that we are still ironing out and are not ready to fully unveil yet such as raiding space stations and hiring your own AI Merc, check back later or follow us on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

sounds like a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 DragonBourne

fallout in 2015???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Posting here in case .. anybody know when Ride is out for Demo on the 360?

Game of the Year!! :D:D:D

Game of the Year!! :D:D:D

All they need do is add zombies and it would sell like hot cakes !!!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Am i the only one who thought of this when i saw the Combine Harvester?:D

That Galaxy Heist game is up on kickstarter now here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spacebeardev/galaxy-heist

I backed it there, there's only 1000 xbox copies being given to backers though. Sounds like it could be good and it will be using the Azure servers which is always a bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if its a GWG on release day like Massive Chalice though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Finished playing Watch_Dogs 'Bad Blood' DLC a few weeks ago on the 360 and the last game I played was Forza Motorsport 4.

Got my hands on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Ultimatum Edition recently so I'll unbox that and I'm looking forward to seeing what the Special Ops watch is like.

Must get cracking on Wolfenstein: The New Order which I have for the Xbox One.

Jordan 191 wrote: »

Got my hands on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Ultimatum Edition recently so I'll unbox that and I'm looking forward to seeing what the Special Ops watch is like.

Are you meaning to tell me. You've just had it lying around UNOPENED!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Are you meaning to tell me. You've just had it lying around UNOPENED!?

Yeah. I set myself a reminder to unbox it today though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Yeah. I set myself a reminder to unbox it today though.

WHAT? You can leave a box unopened? For more than twenty minutes?

Years of playing computer games have trained me to smash every crate within sight.

Advertisement