Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Went a bit mad today and bought Shadow of Mordor, Thief and Dead Rising 3. Is that crazy looking SuperEXAlpha DLC worth grabbing for DR3? I remember it looked great at E3.

That DLC is better than the other DLC but still a bit of rip off , the season pass DLC was basically 30-45 minutes of story padded out with 2 hours of collectibles in each one, so avoid it imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm back playing Killer Instinct since season 2 is now live. In addition, EA Access has been a steal as I am playing the One far more in the last few weeks than I have been since launch. NFS Rivals is a decent game that is getting a decent fraction of my gaming time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm back playing Killer Instinct since season 2 is now live. In addition, EA Access has been a steal as I am playing the One far more in the last few weeks than I have been since launch. NFS Rivals is a decent game that is getting a decent fraction of my gaming time.

I've been sidetracked by Fifa & Bf4's patch but I really want to play NFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Went a bit mad today and bought Shadow of Mordor, Thief and Dead Rising 3. Is that crazy looking SuperEXAlpha DLC worth grabbing for DR3? I remember it looked great at E3.

Shadow of Mordor is really brilliant, amazing game. Dead Rising 3 is great fun,
    haven't checked out Super... Thief was a disappointment for me but a couple of mates loved it. Each to their own obviously. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Games currently playing;

Forza Motorsport 5
    FIFA 15
    Titanfall
    Child of Light

sort of bouncing between the four of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi Gamer Bhoy 89, we have this current one running so I've merged your post into this one. Cheers

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hi Gamer Bhoy 89, we have this current one running so I've merged your post into this one. Cheers

Ah right, I was wondering. Okay :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Currently running through Dark Souls again. It's just one of those games I keep coming back to, especially when I'm playing FPS's that just spoonfeed you and go "Oh you want to go that way? Nope, you have to go this way" type thing whereas Dark Souls is just like "Ohh you want to go here? Well off you go then!" and sends you on your way through a shed load of enemies that will punish your every mistake. It's not a hard game but it's challenging. You can't just zone out which is something I love about it. It requires every bit of your concentration and every victory makes you feel great, the way games are supposed to be

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Currently running through Dark Souls again. It's just one of those games I keep coming back to, especially when I'm playing FPS's that just spoonfeed you and go "Oh you want to go that way? Nope, you have to go this way" type thing whereas Dark Souls is just like "Ohh you want to go here? Well off you go then!" and sends you on your way through a shed load of enemies that will punish your every mistake. It's not a hard game but it's challenging. You can't just zone out which is something I love about it. It requires every bit of your concentration and every victory makes you feel great, the way games are supposed to be

Dark Souls is an evil, evil game. It was crafted by Satan himself to punish all who dwell in its influence. It's like if the One Ring was a video game, this would be it - it consumes you. :pac: Nonetheless it was addictive as much as it was frustrating. I loved it. Never got to finish it...... but loved it. I also missed my chance to try out Dark Souls 2 since I got a PS4 last year and only recently picked up an Xbox One. I hope they bring it out on the latter consoles but I'm doubtful.

Back on the topic at hand.

I just traded in my PS4 copy of Destiny for the Xbox One version (even after getting the store credit it was still heavy on the wallet) so I'm currently flying through that. I slowly started to hate that game when I first played it on launch (I read too much into the feedback it got - bad idea), but since I now have a friend to play with, it has definitely improved the fun factor for me. Enjoying it a lot now

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would lose my **** if they remastered the souls games for the one.

• Advertisement

It seems Sunset Overdrive is a bit, well, meh :( Might have to change the pre order, shame as I liked the white console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

It seems Sunset Overdrive is a bit, well, meh :( Might have to change the pre order, shame as I liked the white console
    I like the look of Sunset Overdrive. Been around long enough not to get overly excited about any game, but have to say it looks like fun. I'm more of a casual gamer though. Are you going off a particular review? Haven't seen any proper reviews yet, just gameplay previews.

wrt40 wrote: »
    I like the look of Sunset Overdrive. Been around long enough not to get overly excited about any game, but have to say it looks like fun. I'm more of a casual gamer though. Are you going off a particular review? Haven't seen any proper reviews yet, just gameplay previews.

Nothing proper. just this

Really doesn't seem that interesting at all, slow, bland, generic, wash/rinse/repeat. I thought it'd have a bit more 'punch' to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Nothing proper. just this

Really doesn't seem that interesting at all, slow, bland, generic, wash/rinse/repeat. I thought it'd have a bit more 'punch' to it

Certainly a lot remains to be seen. But imagine the mayhem in multiplayer. All sorts of sh!t going on around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Making my way through The Evil Within at the moment. This is my core focus. Playing Titanfall and Destiny for my Multiplayer fixes and working my way through Hitman Absolution on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

djkeogh wrote: »
    Making my way through The Evil Within at the moment. This is my core focus. Playing Titanfall and Destiny for my Multiplayer fixes and working my way through Hitman Absolution on the 360.

What's the evil within like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

This might go in here - the Evolve Alpha sign up is open if anyone's interested: http://www.2kgames.com/evolve/xboxonealpha/form.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Got a 3for2 voucher for preowned game for gamestop, anyone recomend games for the xb1 thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Got a 3for2 voucher for preowned game for gamestop, anyone recomend games for the xb1 thanks

Wolfenstein is good
    I wouldn't pay GameStop prices though, I picked it up for €20 on eBay

Wolfenstein is good
    I wouldn't pay GameStop prices though, I picked it up for €20 on eBay

There fairly dear alrite, but hate waiting for delivery when buying online :D

• Advertisement

There fairly dear alrite, but hate waiting for delivery when buying online :D

i use parcel motel, normally 2 days
    20 euro compared to 50 euro, gamestop are taking the p!ss charging that much, they want 70 for the new cod, for 99 you can get a digital copy and the season pass

i use parcel motel, normally 2 days
    20 euro compared to 50 euro, gamestop are taking the p!ss charging that much, they want 70 for the new cod, for 99 you can get a digital copy and the season pass

Can you not buy the 99euro version in disc form? Hate using up the space on my hardrive

40euro more. Il be buyin the standard edition anyway , wont need the map packs if theres league play anyway

40euro more. Il be buyin the standard edition anyway , wont need the map packs if theres league play anyway

standard edition is 74.99 in gamestop, digital copy for me

standard edition is 74.99 in gamestop, digital copy for me

Ya def much better value alrite, picked up titanfall and bf4 today in cex for 58e. Dont have a gud selection of xb1 games tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ya def much better value alrite, picked up titanfall and bf4 today in cex for 58e. Dont have a gud selection of xb1 games tbh

Ok, just so you know. You can get 1 year of EA Access for €25 which gives you these FULL games:

0370ZA4.png

You serious? Whoa i got maced so . 30 4 bf i paid

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_IE.html

It's good I signed up for it
    Played 6 hours of fifa 15 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah you just go into the app store on the Xbox One, download EA Access app. Launch it & sign up for 12 months for €25. Then download & install all them games. You can install BF4 from disc now you have it to save you downloading it, and sell it back to CeX for €12 cash or €17 credit. You also get to play full EA games for 6 hours, 5 days before they're released.

Advertisement