Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S5 v HTC One M8 v Sony Xperia Z2

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

how do you mean there's no comparison with an iPhone in what way ?

Two completely different systems. There are many android users that just couldn't switch to apple and vice versa. I took the plunge years ago switching from iOS to android and because of the screen size on top of everything else I just couldn't go back to iOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

thomasj wrote: »
    Two completely different systems. There are many android users that just couldn't switch to apple and vice versa. I took the plunge years ago switching from iOS to android and because of the screen size on top of everything else I just couldn't go back to iOS.

You're dead right I had iphone for years and only reason I moved to samsung is my eyesight lol well that and the fact it's the most boring phone iv ever used .I have the Samsung few weeks now and it's like been released into freedom . I can share music with friends trough blue tooth and pic it's opened my eyes to how mean apple are I can customise it to how I like .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

^^ I second this. I have had an iPhone for ages but found the iOS operating system very boring and just too straight forward. There's alot more to do & explore with Android IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Sam Mac wrote: »
    ^^ I second this. I have had an iPhone for ages but found the iOS operating system very boring and just too straight forward. There's alot more to do & explore with Android IMO.

I have had an iphone since the first one came out in 2007, I'm more or less sick of it at this stage.

If you look at the very first iPhone and the current iphone 5s there is little or no difference. OK internally thye have beefed up a bit and the resolution quality has improved but there is little or no difference in the handset or the OS.

I'm changing to the S5 i've decided, just to find one in white now to buy is the problem. Many fakes on the market out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

I think the fakes are very easy to spot most are dual Sim you can do a imei check too .

if you're buying secondhand check out adverts and go with someone that has lots of feed back .do not go near gumtree or done deal full of scammers .

get the Samsung bin the iPhone .

• Advertisement

Yeah absolutely tons of fakes going around of the S5.

I am actually buying one brand new from O2 tomorrow, they have 20% off upgrades so its only costing me €450 brand new.

Too worried to buy second hand to be honest, as many have been caught out. Be careful if buying second hand, as there are loads of new ads on adverts posted by new users which has me suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely tons of fakes going around of the S5.

I am actually buying one brand new from O2 tomorrow, they have 20% off upgrades so its only costing me €450 brand new.

Too worried to buy second hand to be honest, as many have been caught out. Be careful if buying second hand, as there are loads of new ads on adverts posted by new users which has me suspicious.

You buying this as a ready to go upgrade or contract?

I have a company phone which the company recently upgraded me to an iphone 5s which is sitting in the box in my house still wrapped as I don't want to open it and I'm going to sell once I get an S5.

You buying this as a ready to go upgrade or contract?

I have a company phone which the company recently upgraded me to an iphone 5s which is sitting in the box in my house still wrapped as I don't want to open it and I'm going to sell once I get an S5.

Its a prepay upgrade from their site, I am on 48 but I ordered a free o2 sim to 'upgrade' with that if you get what I mean, then I will unlock it myself and use it on 48. Handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I switched from Samsung (although I loved it) to iPhone a few years ago because the samsung pi**ed me off, always freezing, having to reboot, apps not working etc. The iPhone is a great phone, very stable, works well, but as boring as f**k!!! I was going to switch back to the Sam S5, but I've changed my mind and am going for the Xperia Z2 instead, just for something different........hope I wont be disappointed, phone should be here tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Got the Z 2 yesterday in Meteor 400 euro. So far i am very impressed with the phone

• Advertisement
Advertisement