Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S5 v HTC One M8 v Sony Xperia Z2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I went & bought an LG G2 today, .....just to stick 2 fingers up to the thread title :);)

Lol good luck with it! I'm sure you'll love it!!

That's the only reason you bought it lol ?

What do you think of it ?

I LOVE it so far Blinkey! I have all my pictures and music on it now and loads of apps and still have nearly 9GB free space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

If you wanted to do that you'd have bought a G3.

Instead you bought last years tech.

Not worth the extra money, G2 is better value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Lol good luck with it! I'm sure you'll love it!!

Can't wait for it to arrive, my HTC has served me well, but it's time to move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

I LOVE it so far Blinkey! I have all my pictures and music on it now and loads of apps and still have nearly 9GB free space!

How would you say it fare against you're s4 i know they are two completely different phones ?

PS delighted you love it glad you found the one you like ;).

• Advertisement

How would you say it fare against you're s4 i know they are two completely different phones ?

PS delighted you love it glad you found the one you like ;).

I am really happy with it, it's a bit bigger than the S4 but you get used to that in no time! The battery is great, I got a day and a half out of it and that was with fairly heavy use!
    I definitely recommend it :)

I am really happy with it, it's a bit bigger than the S4 but you get used to that in no time! The battery is great, I got a day and a half out of it and that was with fairly heavy use!
    I definitely recommend it :)

That's brill I meant to ask can text and calls be blocked ?

That's brill I meant to ask can text and calls be blocked ?

I'm not sure but I'd imagine there's an app for it anyway if not.

The noise cancelling headphones work really well too, I've been using them in the gym and can't hear anything!

I'm not sure but I'd imagine there's an app for it anyway if not.

The noise cancelling headphones work really well too, I've been using them in the gym and can't hear anything!

Well can we get an update on the z2 :)?

you still loving it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frogurt!

Cheers for all the input. Helped me make up my mind. Z2 for me at the end of the month I think...in white. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Have my Z2 a month now. Absolutely love it. Brilliant battery life, super fast and hasn't failed me once. Very stable phone, no lag or restarts, very smooth. Will definitely be keeping this for a while, does everything I want and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Let us know how it gets on with updates: are they timely or are you left hanging. Sony is pretty bad when it comes to that, tbf, so I'm curious to see if that's improved. Especially when the Z3 rumours have emerged.

rizzee wrote: »
    Have my Z2 a month now. Absolutely love it. Brilliant battery life, super fast and hasn't failed me once. Very stable phone, no lag or restarts, very smooth. Will definitely be keeping this for a while, does everything I want and more.

HI does the z2 have 3/4 keyboard like the Samsung ?

Yes, well, I use TouchPal X as my main keyboard, much easier and faster than the standard one. Has multiple layouts.

rizzee wrote: »
    Yes, well, I use TouchPal X as my main keyboard, much easier and faster than the standard one. Has multiple layouts.

Ah that's good ! I'm ready to take the jump from iPhone as the keyboard is to small for me, that and the fact is the most boring phone I ever used .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frogurt!

Hold your horses! :)

Looks like the Z3 isn't too far away. Come to think of it, wasn't there was only 6 months between the Z1 and Z2...

Can't post the link, but Engadget tweeted an article showing a prototype a short while ago.

Right i cant make up my mind please someone choose for me what is the best phone to get it's driving me mad !!!!!!! :confused:

here's a few phones below i have been thinking about.
    z2
    s4
    s5
    note 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Go for the Z2. It's different to the Samsung's and equally as good as any of them.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Go for the Z2. It's different to the Samsung's and equally as good as any of them.

are you using the z2 yourself ?

• Advertisement

Yeah, started with a Galaxy S2, moved to an S4 and now the Z2. I love it.

My problem is iv always had the iPhone and its boring the pants off me now at this stage :(

its just making that jump from phone to phone. but because there are so many phones out there its so hard.

the z2 for some reason is calling my name and that camera is a deal breaker

its just a case of what if .:confused:

Pretty much. I really like the look of the Z2, the specs are great, it's really smooth and you've already mentioned the camera. I was an android user anyway but it was a big decision to move away from Samsung and I certainly don't regret it now.

It's likely you'll find things you don't like, but overall after a bedding in period I'm sure you'll end up loving both Android and the phone, and to be fair Android on the Z2 is pretty much as good as it gets.

Pretty much. I really like the look of the Z2, the specs are great, it's really smooth and you've already mentioned the camera. I was an android user anyway but it was a big decision to move away from Samsung and I certainly don't regret it now.

It's likely you'll find things you don't like, but overall after a bedding in period I'm sure you'll end up loving both Android and the phone, and to be fair Android on the Z2 is pretty much as good as it gets.

Oh you're selling it to me the more you tell me about it :) does it have the 3x4 keyboard that Samsung has ?

Oh you're selling it to me the more you tell me about it :) does it have the 3x4 keyboard that Samsung has ?

It sure does :D I use Swiftkey but switched to the default keyboard and took this screenshot;

24b3qes.png

It sure does :D I use Swiftkey but switched to the default keyboard and took this screenshot;

24b3qes.png

Brilliant perfect for my sausage fingers :-)
    The keyboard is far to small on the iPhone .

My problem is iv always had the iPhone and its boring the pants off me now at this stage :(

its just making that jump from phone to phone. but because there are so many phones out there its so hard.

the z2 for some reason is calling my name and that camera is a deal breaker

its just a case of what if .:confused:

Blinkey, get the Z2, I promise you won't regret it!!

Blinkey, get the Z2, I promise you won't regret it!!

Just in the cpw as I text oh I'm like a kid in a candy store the z2 is stunning but wait a note 3 hang on s5 oh what to buy !! Wonder will the lend me each phone for a month ;) ?

Just in the cpw as I text oh I'm like a kid in a candy store the z2 is stunning but wait a note 3 hang on s5 oh what to buy !! Wonder will the lend me each phone for a month ;) ?

Just stop thinking and get the Z2 lol, that's what I did!
    It really is a brilliant phone and the screen is fantastic. The earphones work brilliantly too, I used them in the gym and the noise cancelling thing definitely works!

• Advertisement

Just stop thinking and get the Z2 lol, that's what I did!
    It really is a brilliant phone and the screen is fantastic. The earphones work brilliantly too, I used them in the gym and the noise cancelling thing definitely works!

Hahaha hate this.

have you figured out if calls and text can be blocked as I have 1 or 3 blocked on my iPhone ?

Advertisement