Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S5 v HTC One M8 v Sony Xperia Z2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

you should be able to the the htc blocked , who did you swap it with ? is it dual sim ?

To be honest i know its to little to late but stay well away from gumtree its full of scammers . i would also consider going to the guards with the reg and explaining it to them .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

you should be able to the the htc blocked , who did you swap it with ? is it dual sim ?

It looks like single SIM to me mate. Any other tell tale signs it is a Chinese clone? Should I call Samsung tomorrow and ask them to verify the serial number?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    It looks like single SIM to me mate. Any other tell tale signs it is a Chinese clone? Should I call Samsung tomorrow and ask them to verify the serial number?

Thanks,
    M

http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr

put the imei number into this

You see mate when I type *#06# an IMEI Invalid message appears so I am not able to check it on that site!?

I'll try and get it off the box tomorrow!

Edit: Just got it off the back of the phone - This IMEI number might to be correct, but it is impossible to get this confirmed.

• Advertisement

You see mate when I type *#06# an IMEI Invalid message appears so I am not able to check it on that site!?

I'll try and get it off the box tomorrow!

Edit: Just got it off the back of the phone - This IMEI number might to be correct, but it is impossible to get this confirmed.

one good thing you got his reg at least that's something.

a low life scumbag to do something like that i hope you get sorted mate :).

BALLS, BALLS and more BALLS!!! Just downloaded CPU Z and guess what.....:eek::mad::(

I'll call the guards in the morning and see what they can do! Best case I get the HTC One M8 back and worst case I get the IMEI blocked and have satisfaction in knowing that he will never get any use out of it!!

Cheers,
    M

its a fake ?

its a fake ?

Yeah, bloody MediaTek ****ty processor in it...720p display....the list goes on!!

• Advertisement

Yeah, bloody MediaTek ****ty processor in it...720p display....the list goes on!!

boll@x just go guards say you were a victim of a scam and you have the tramps reg .was he Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

And this is why, along with taking a a mechanic to go look at a car you're buying, you take someone who knows phones to see a phone you're buying.

Nothing like a good "i told you so" to lift the spirits of someone that just had a phone stolen.

Nothing like a good "i told you so" to lift the spirits of someone that just had a phone stolen.

No, a "I told you so" would be me saying to him before he went to swap his phone that its a fake and not to do it, amd him doing it anyway.

I was simply stating that if you're not good at spotting fake/dodgy phones, either learn to spot them, or bring someone along who does.

boll@x just go guards say you were a victim of a scam and you have the tramps reg .was he Dublin ?

He sounded foreign to be honest, well dressed and was driving a black Mercedes. His phone is now ringing again but he is not answering it! I have text him and left him voice mails threatening I will go to the guards which I am gonna do now after work!!

Cheers,
    M

i kinda knew is was of different origin to be honest just didn't want to say as id be slated a raciest by the do gooders anyhow.

make sure you quote his reg to him in the text scare the batsard into giving you back youre phone back .

have you not gone to the guards yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Going in tomorrow to pick up either... know someone who works in CPWH so I'll be moving to 3 on 2 year contract and I get the M8 for free or S5 for 29 euro @55 a month unlimited everything.

Messed around with the M8 for a good while (dad got one last week) and it's absolutely gorgeous. Just gonna have a look at the S5 see what the fuss is about, i'd be happy with either i'd say. Looking for decent battery life, dont really care about the camera but I know they're both good for everyday normal shots, the waterproof/dustproof is a plus for the S5 but I always have phones in a case etc so i'm hoping the M8 isn't as fragile as I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Htc One vs S5 comparison video. Not bad.
    http://www.versusos.com/videos/htc-one-m8-vs-samsung-galaxy-s5/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 odjazdowy

but not in ireland....and g3 has good hardware, but if they didn't change UI I would kill myself after 1 day;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Would you not consider a Nexus 5 plus a €20 monthly contract with 48 for pretty much unlimited everything?? And it has stock android so you don't have to mess around rooting etc. I can't understand why HTC, Samsung etc don't ship with stock android, its a way better experience and easily updateable

48 don't do contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

48 don't do contract - they do 'membership' which means you pay member's fees and not a contract. There's an important legal distinction between the two as you'll typically have far more and more complicated terms in the latter.

€20 pm is Unlimited mobile calls (60 mins to landline iirc), unlimited texts and 5gb data.
    €10 pm is 300 mins (+60 landlines), unlimited texts and 1gb data.

Easiest way to explain it is to treat it as one of those 30-day sim only deals. You're not forced into topping up - if you don't, you don't get the deal. Simple.

As for phones, I would recommend avoiding Sony like the plague. Unless they have significantly improved their software since the Xperia P. Their phones are like ladyboys: they might be fairly convincing when you first look at them but get under the surface and you'll be in for a nasty surprise.

I'll echo the sentiments of the Nexus 5: Dat lag-free stock android. It also turns out there were two iterations of it - the 2nd gen (so to speak) improved the camera and speakers. You can get an OTG or micro sd adaptor for about €20 delivered. There was one on kickstarter recently. Can't remember the name of it though. I'll post links if I find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

rizzee wrote: »
    Going in tomorrow to pick up either... know someone who works in CPWH so I'll be moving to 3 on 2 year contract and I get the M8 for free or S5 for 29 euro @55 a month unlimited everything.

Messed around with the M8 for a good while (dad got one last week) and it's absolutely gorgeous. Just gonna have a look at the S5 see what the fuss is about, i'd be happy with either i'd say. Looking for decent battery life, dont really care about the camera but I know they're both good for everyday normal shots, the waterproof/dustproof is a plus for the S5 but I always have phones in a case etc so i'm hoping the M8 isn't as fragile as I think..

Which did you go for??
    My upgrade is July 1st not June 1st as I thought originally so I have another few weeks to think about which phone to get!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Which did you go for??
    My upgrade is July 1st not June 1st as I thought originally so I have another few weeks to think about which phone to get!!

I'm heading in soon, was up for a few hours during the night checking out review, the GSMarena one completely puts me in favour of the S5. Apart from design (more of a personal preference than anything TBH) and some cool camera features, in my opinion and judging on reviews I feel the S5 is slightly superior.

I'll let you know how I get on , they better be in stock!! :p I can do a side by side review of both phones as there's a M8 here in the house already like I said

As for phones, I would recommend avoiding Sony like the plague. Unless they have significantly improved their software since the Xperia P. Their phones are like ladyboys: they might be fairly convincing when you first look at them but get under the surface and you'll be in for a nasty surprise.

They have, My last two phones were an xperia s, and z with a small break in the middle to own a galaxy s3. the S had slight battery issues that was solved with an update, and my Z has been perfect since day one and has one of the best standby times i've ever seen.

the same couldnt be said for the s3, very bad standby time and i tried absolutely everything to sort it. in the end i just got shot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

rizzee wrote: »
    I'm heading in soon, was up for a few hours during the night checking out review, the GSMarena one completely puts me in favour of the S5. Apart from design (more of a personal preference than anything TBH) and some cool camera features, in my opinion and judging on reviews I feel the S5 is slightly superior.

I'll let you know how I get on , they better be in stock!! :p I can do a side by side review of both phones as there's a M8 here in the house already like I said

Yeah I think the S5 is probably better than the M8 but I am also considering the Z2.
    What do you have now?
    Whichever phone you get will be brilliant anyway!

Yeah let me know ;)
    That'd be great, thanks.
    Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

CinSoots wrote: »
    Would you not consider a Nexus 5 plus a €20 monthly contract with 48 for pretty much unlimited everything?? And it has stock android so you don't have to mess around rooting etc. I can't understand why HTC, Samsung etc don't ship with stock android, its a way better experience and easily updateable

Very highly opinionated statement,I much prefer HTC sense to stock android, stock Android is a lot better than it was a year ago though and there are only a few niggles that bother me now.

• Advertisement

i kinda knew is was of different origin to be honest just didn't want to say as id be slated a raciest by the do gooders anyhow.

make sure you quote his reg to him in the text scare the batsard into giving you back youre phone back .

have you not gone to the guards yet ?

Went to the guards on Friday and it's all in God's hands now......for all the good that will do!

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement