Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

hats199 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a good cobbler in Galway to put suede soles on a pair of shoes, any recommendations welcome, thanks.

Try the one on Sea Road

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

A good barber/hairdresser that will do a dry cut? Looking to get 3 inches off, a plain old trim to get rid of split ends. If I go to a good barber I reckon it will be the same job for half the price but a hairdressers would be ideal! Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

hats199 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a good cobbler in Galway to put suede soles on a pair of shoes, any recommendations welcome, thanks.

I think he still open but guy in mervue did a great job for me a number of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭puddles59

hi does anyone know where is the best and cheapest place to get photos printed off my i phone as i have a good few to do.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

puddles59 wrote: »
    hi does anyone know where is the best and cheapest place to get photos printed off my i phone as i have a good few to do.

What quality/size are you looking at? I'd imagine that the cheapest option would be to walk into Boots with the photos already on a USB key and print them off yourself on the photo printers there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

I need some door's & windows collected in Dublin tomorrow afternoon & brought back to Galway. If anyone know's somebody heading back to Galway tomorrow with van space:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Looking to pick up an external hard drive in the city. What shops give a good selection to choose from?

Looking for a 2T one.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

looking for an electrician for a couple of jobs around the house, if anyone can recommend one, live on east side of the city. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Looking to pick up an external hard drive in the city. What shops give a good selection to choose from?

Looking for a 2T one.

Try places like CeX on eyre sq for a good second hand one or there's a cash converters kind of a shop beside the charcoal grill just off eglinton st

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Looking for a 2T one.

Obvious options would be Currys/PC World. 2TB hard drive here for €89.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rabulah

Here's a weird one - I'm looking for some kind of chocolate in the shape of a whale. Or alternatively any whale-themed gift I can get in Galway within the next day or two. Anybody seen something like this around by chance? I know this is a long shot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

rabulah wrote: »
    Here's a weird one - I'm looking for some kind of chocolate in the shape of a whale. Or alternatively any whale-themed gift I can get in Galway within the next day or two. Anybody seen something like this around by chance? I know this is a long shot :D

The only thing I can think of is to try the Atlantaquaria gift shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

muskyj wrote: »
    looking for an electrician for a couple of jobs around the house, if anyone can recommend one, live on east side of the city. thanks

PM sent, I have a mate who's a qualified electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Would anyone know where I'd get about 20-30 potato sacks for a school sports day??I don't have enough time to order them online, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

McGiverns?? Maybe they'd at least be kind enough to point you in the right direction.

http://www.irelandlookup.com/3152469/Potatoes_-_Wholesale/Galway/McGiverns_Monivea_Ltd/

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Thank you so much newkie, I rang them and got it sorted!!! We will have very happy kids at sports day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Anyone know a good non-rip-off emergency plumber, west side of the city? Sort of urgent...!

** Edit: Never mind, got sorted! :) **

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Anybody know where you can do a TEFL course during the summer in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

rabulah wrote: »

Le Petite Delice on Mainguard street are also chocolatiers and have chocolate 'sculptures' for sale that they make. Could be worth calling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Looking4folk

Hiya,

I was in Galway for a couple of month-long visits back in the mid-90's (i was living in Amsterdam at the time) (and was over there
    playing music in a few of the pubs (banjo/guitar..ragtimey things) and i'm trying to get in touch with a few folks from back then..maybe the names ring a bell to someone on the board:

Most of them lived in a house on lenaboy avenue up in salthill
    Thierry (a breton cook)
    'Irish' Cathy from Co. Cork (Bear Island)
    Steve (fae dublin i believe) & Cecille (french/spanish?) moved up connemara way

I'd appreciate any info!

cheers,
    alasdair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anywhere I can buy a cheap ice crusher please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

anyone know where to get cheap sunblock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can do a TEFL course during the summer in Galway?

I think they have them on in the bridge mills.

http://www.galwaylanguage.com/courses.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Looking for the lend of a French flag, budget is very limited so i'd prefer not to by on-line etc. It's for an event in a special needs school so only need it for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 senteacher

I'm a second-level teacher who will be transitioning into SEN teaching in a mainstream school from September next.

I intend to spend this summer educating myself in preparation for this major transition in my work.

As part of that, I'd like to meet with parents of teenagers with special needs to educate me/inform me about issues concerning the area of disability their children have.

I'd like to meet parents of pupils with Dyslexia/ADHD/Autistic Spectrum Disorders/Behavioural issues/Speech and Language Disorders/Down Syndrome (or any sort of impairment/disability/syndrome)..... and I'd like to listen to what you want to say.

All information will be treated in confidence.

I'm based in Galway City, but can travel.

Please PM me for more details.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

CrinkElite wrote: »
    anyone know where to get cheap sunblock?

You probably have some by now..... but anyway....
    Aldi's sun lotion is cheap, and passed both SPF and UVA protection tests in the recent Which? study.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Cheapest way/lift to Roscommon? Tomo need to be there for 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone know if there is any optician open late on a Thursday evening? I think I have a lens stuck in my eye somewhere. But it could be anything else, just a hunch I have that a portion of one is stuck in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Anyone who where I can bring in my Samsung Mobile and get pictures printed out.
    Would it be through memory card or cable
    Any idea on prices for let's say 100 or 200 pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭deisedude

My girlfriends GHD packed up. Anyone know where she could pick up a new one at a good price?

Advertisement