Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

There is a guy in the middle of Galway Shopping Centre, he does canvass type pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Anyone know of a shop that actually has Kinect TV mounts for Xbox One in stock? Gamestop didn't a week or two ago and didn't seem like they would any time soon.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

Aunt Tebby wrote: »
    @b.gud:

Many thanks for that! I made an appointment with him as soon as I saw this.

Glad I could be of help.
    Let us know how it goes, my knives are in good knick at the min but will surely need a sharpen up at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭deisedude

Looking for a recommendation for a good physio. Fecked up my knee running :(

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Anyone know..........

Where I can buy Snickers type Work Trousers in Galway City on a Saturday?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Anyone know..........

Cheers

Try Anchor Safety out in Ballybrit. Give them a buzz first..they usually have that type of stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Thanks for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Anyone know..........

Cheers
    McDonogh hardware in ballybrit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aunt Tebby

deisedude wrote: »

I go to Baily Point Physio in Salthill and I'm very satisfied with the treatment and practitioners. My physio is Una.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jmapell

deisedude wrote: »

I'd be interested in recommendations on this too. My knees are giving me hell lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm looking for La Roche sun cream please. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

I'm looking for someone able to change a zip (well actually half a zip) on a kind of bean bag* - probably not a very difficult thing for someone with a sewing machine and some sewing experience, but the fabric is quite thin and stretchy so I fear I'd be making a mess if attempting myself. Any idea of a place to call in (preferably east side)?

* bought a replacement top cover for a baby "doomoo" seat / nest, and they apparently changed the design of the zip in recent years. So plan is to retrieve the zip from the old cover and fit it on the new one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

deliege wrote: »
    I'm looking for someone able to change a zip (well actually half a zip) on a kind of bean bag* - probably not a very difficult thing for someone with a sewing machine and some sewing experience, but the fabric is quite thin and stretchy so I fear I'd be making a mess if attempting myself. Any idea of a place to call in (preferably east side)?

* bought a replacement top cover for a baby "doomoo" seat / nest, and they apparently changed the design of the zip in recent years. So plan is to retrieve the zip from the old cover and fit it on the new one...
    The Zipyard on merchants road
    It's near the entrance to the Multi storey car park at the eyre square shopping centre on merchants road

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jmapell

dinneenp wrote: »

I'm sure I've seen this in Boots with the other La Roche Skincare, otherwise the Pharmacy further down Shop St (Just up from Cafe Express) do a massive range of french skincare brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Anyone know a private dentist who will take medical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

dinneenp wrote: »

The chemist near nui hospital had la roche posay products, and maybe try chemists in general? That's usually where I see that brand!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 circusgirl

Is there any pub in Galway which sells gluten-free beer?

Thanks in Advance,

CG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

circusgirl wrote: »

Thanks in Advance,

CG

The Oslo in Salthill and the Salt House on Ravens terrace used to have one. They change their beers regularly so they might not have it anymore but they're probably your best shot of getting it in a pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Thanks in Advance,

CG

You'll find Estrella's Daura in a lot of pubs, it tastes like a fairly standard lager. Lidl also sell it. I've seen it in the likes of The Galway Arms so I think it's carried by one of the main distributors.

I went gluten free for a short while recently and was interested to see what The Oslo had to offer (not a lager fan, prefer ales/stouts) but all they had available was Daura. Didn't try the Salthouse.

The other option is cider. But if pubs clearly don't have any, ask anyway so it'll build awareness of the demand. If it's just a mild intolerance then worth looking up the gluten levels in a range of beers, they vary hugely - but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Can anyone recommend a decent pvc window repair man. I don't want someone trying to get me to change all the Windows in the house. Just someone to service what I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Thanks in Advance,

CG

As far as I know Corona and Budweiser contain so little gluten that they're often called gluten free. You'll have a hard time finding a pub that doesn't sell them.

Anybody know anywhere in Galway that sells 00 (pasta) flour? McCambridges probably sell it but it would probably work out cheaper to buy fresh pasta than to buy flour from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Chewabacca wrote: »
    As far as I know Corona and Budweiser contain so little gluten that they're often called gluten free. You'll have a hard time finding a pub that doesn't sell them.

Anybody know anywhere in Galway that sells 00 (pasta) flour? McCambridges probably sell it but it would probably work out cheaper to buy fresh pasta than to buy flour from there.

Second this. Anything with a residual gluten content of like 20ppm (parts per million) or less is legally gluten free as it is impossible to test for a 0 level of gluten afair. Bud falls under this bracket. I think most beers made with Rye Malt are okay to drink too but obviously double check the Rye Malt beers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Thanks in Advance,

CG

My Brother (in the U.K.) is a Celiac sufferer and the only thing he will drink when he visits is Guinness. He spent a lot of time contacting brewers in the U.K. and Guinness was the only one that would categorically say that it was safe for him to drink. Most beers, although brewed with malted barley, use wheat based yeast.

This was the information given to him and as even the slightest amount of gluten makes him ill he sticks to a Guinness diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Anywhere that does 2 for 1s on Dinners on a Sunday or cheap etc...? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

I heard student accommodation is cheap during the summer, any recommendations for which? I work in parkmore, have a permanent job and want to move out! I have one person that said theyd mive with me but 2 bed housing is exoensive! I tried daft and rent.ie but over all I was looking at 400€ a month, anything a weensie bit cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Can anybody recommend a person to fix a Hotpoint Dishwasher - It wont start and defaults to prewash cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I heard student accommodation is cheap during the summer, any recommendations for which? I work in parkmore, have a permanent job and want to move out! I have one person that said theyd mive with me but 2 bed housing is exoensive! I tried daft and rent.ie but over all I was looking at 400€ a month, anything a weensie bit cheaper?

For any accommodation/property you could try Galway Advertiser or www.daft.ie or Accommodation forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Has anyone seen white asparagus (fresh, not the stuff in jars) anywhere in Galway? Tried the market and the major supermarkets. I got it at the market in previous years, but the stall that sold it seems to be gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A small quantity, say 2 sq ft of pink anti-static bubblewrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 galwaygent42

Any one know of a tantra expert in Galway

Advertisement