Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

anyone know anyone who offers this service? i have a few hundred items that i need ironed. can't be bothered myself

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

annettew1 wrote: »
    Hi Im looking for a good painter in Galway looking for one who is reasonable and does neat work

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone came across bottles of "crystal" hot sauce? Has a blue/ white label and made in Louisiana. Or even a good suggestion for vinegar based hot sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I love Frank's Redhot sauce (red top, not yellow).
    It has vinegar but not sure how much.

You could ask in Food or Cooking forums for suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

+1 for Frank's Red Hot Sauce. You can get it in Dunnes, Tesco etc.

110.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

soadtool wrote: »
    Hey guys, was wondering if anyone came across bottles of "crystal" hot sauce? Has a blue/ white label and made in Louisiana. Or even a good suggestion for vinegar based hot sauce?

Either in the Asia Manilla shop on abbygate street, or the indian food shop down from aldi westside.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ceatharloch

In case anyone is going to Glenamaddy tomorrow morning!
    Am looking for "loan of" a bog standard generation (red top)
    tin whistle. Does anyone have a spare one they could bring/lend tomorrow?
    [Its for my son - who is competing in tin whistle, but left his
    whistle at school & we don't have a spare one......]

Please reply on the forum, or text to 086-<nope>, thanks.

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Hi Michael,

There is a music shop in glenamaddy they might be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whoops_jimmy

1) Best Off-licence for local beers
    2) Best Butcher for cuts of cheek and shoulder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I'm looking for some Galway Utd home jerseys, as in the last few recent years, for some family abroad.

Anybody know where to find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Col200sx wrote: »
    I'm looking for some Galway Utd home jerseys, as in the last few recent years, for some family abroad.

Direct from the source itself

http://galwayfc.ie/index.php/merchandise/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

gozunda wrote: »

http://galwayfc.ie/index.php/merchandise

Different clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

gozunda wrote: »

http://galwayfc.ie/index.php/merchandise/

Thanks, but as said looking for original Galway Utd jerseys, not Galway FC ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Thanks, but as said looking for original Galway Utd jerseys, not Galway FC ones.

Try places like Elverys in the retail park.
    And I saw some in the cash factory when I was in there last, tuam road beside Trappers Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Try getting in touch with the Galway United Supporters Trust.
    They have been supporting the team for years and I'm sure could point you in th right direction.

Here is their site: http://galwayunitedfc.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Anyone know if it's possible to get something like a sticky cinnamon swirl in any Galway bakeries? Asked in a few for some cinnamony baked goods and had none

Anyone know if it's possible to get something like a sticky cinnamon swirl in any Galway bakeries? Asked in a few for some cinnamony baked goods and had none

Well maybe you could say which bakeries you've tried?

Have you tried THE galway bakery i.e. Griffin's on shop street just down frm Anthony Ryan's clothes shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

D Trent wrote: »
    Well maybe you could say which bakeries you've tried?

Have you tried THE galway bakery i.e. Griffin's on shop street just down frm Anthony Ryan's clothes shop

Ok well, I've tried in Griffins, Petit delish, hehirs westside, O connors and goyas

Ok well, I've tried in Griffins, Petit delish, hehirs westside, O connors and goyas

Maybe sweetie pies on middle street or gourmet tart opposite the fire station.
    Or maybe even mccambridges I'm not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

D Trent wrote: »
    Maybe sweetie pies on middle street or gourmet tart opposite the fire station.
    Or maybe even mccambridges I'm not sure

No to all three, Sweetie Pies only do 'cupcakes', GTC dont do them and McCambridges stuff is from Petit Delice. Dont know of anywhere doing them, id say your best bet would be some of the convenience stores with Cuisine de France stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

20140523_091354.jpg

Need to fix inside pane, can it be replaced myself? Does it have to be replaced as a whole? How much? Any tips welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

sorry, best I can do:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/may/22/how-to-bake-perfect-cinnamon-buns

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Has to be replaced as a whole - the gap between both panes is held in partial vacuum, or filled with an inert gas - either way it's not anymore.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Has to be replaced as a whole - the gap between both panes is held in partial vacuum, or filled with an inert gas - either way it's not anymore.

Know a man/place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Know a man/place?

If you're happy to fit it yourself, there's Greaney Glass out past Carnmore Cross could make up a unit for you

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Know a man/place?

I'm outside of the city so I used to get my glass at Greaney Glass in Carnmore and fit it myself... It's not a big job on a door like that as everything pulls apart and clips back in, but don't know of any glass fitters offhand, sorry :(

[edit]

^^^^ beaten to the post :D

Sound thanks for advice, what details do i need to give to Greaney Glass to get right pane? Any tips on fitting it?
    bonzodog2 wrote: »
    If you're happy to fit it yourself, there's Greaney Glass out past Carnmore Cross could make up a unit for you
    mike_ie wrote: »
    I'm outside of the city so I used to get my glass at Greaney Glass in Carnmore and fit it myself... It's not a big job on a door like that as everything pulls apart and clips back in, but don't know of any glass fitters offhand, sorry :(

[edit]

^^^^ beaten to the post :D

You'll need to give them the measurements for the glass and whether it's double or triple glazed. PVC window like that, the trim pulls off around the glass on the inside, you swop out the pane and put the trim back in. I'm on a lousy internet connection so can't check, but I'd imagine if you typed "fitting glass pvc window" into youtube, there'll be a bunch of instructional videos on how to do it. Watch a few, see if it's something you think you can do yourself first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hats199

Hi, I'm looking for a good cobbler in Galway to put suede soles on a pair of shoes, any recommendations welcome, thanks.

Advertisement