Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Where would I get one of them Sleep Mask yokes, or failing that, ridiculously cheap dark curtains. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Where would I get one of them Sleep Mask yokes, or failing that, ridiculously cheap dark curtains. :pac:

Dunnes, Boots, pharmacies. You can find sleep masks with the travel supplies, i.e. inflatable pillows, suitcase straps and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Any idea where I could get a Giant Jenga (something like this) in Galway/Connaught/Ireland? :) Amazon says its almost 30 quid for P&P to Ireland. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Proxy wrote: »
    Any idea where I could get a Giant Jenga (something like this) in Galway/Connaught/Ireland? :) Amazon says its almost 30 quid for P&P to Ireland. Thanks

If you can't find one here consider using Parcel Motel for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Just be aware that if you use parcel motel for this then you will need to arrange it with them as it will be too big to put in the "motel".
    I ordered something to parcel motel before that I thought would fit in the box but didn't and had to pay extra,I think maybe €10, to get it delivered directly to me. Now if you arrange in advance it might be cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Yep I looked that up already, but because its apparently 20kg each and I'd guess big boxes, it'll end up costing a good bit. Then again if it's half the price of postage, it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Where would one find Gatorade in Galway City?

Remember for years getting Gatorade in the US in the 35 degree heat and it's a great thirst quencher.

Haven't seen it in shops anywhere.

Anybody know where? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Proxy wrote: »

Failing that you could make your own, buy the wood in a hardware place and cut it to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

Hello, looking for a place where I could have a couple leather jackets adjusted - bought them many years ago, they're a bit too large for me now.

TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Anyone know where I could trade in a couple of disused lawnmowers against the price of a new one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭jkforde

soadtool wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could trade in a couple of disused lawnmowers against the price of a new one?

maybe Ivors in Shantalla?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

where can i get a picture of a person printed out in a life size cut out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Scruff wrote: »
    where can i get a picture of a person printed out in a life size cut out?

You might try asking the people who print photos to canvas style paper. They have a very wide printer, must be the guts of 1m across.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    You might try asking the people who print photos to canvas style paper. They have a very wide printer, must be the guts of 1m across.

er, yeah. I kinda was asking where such people in galway are...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Theres one in GSC.

OOOps! To clarify, there's a kiosk outside Tesco.(edit: I think, definitely in some part of the between-shop corridors)

Anyone know where I can get Oprah chai tea in the city? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Ludikrus

b.gud wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get Oprah chai tea in the city? Thanks

There's a new tea shop opened a couple of doors down from massimos bar. Not sure if they've that one but worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Ludikrus

Do any of the supermarkets or deli's have Italian sausages? I'm looking for calabrese.

Ludikrus wrote: »
    There's a new tea shop opened a couple of doors down from massimos bar. Not sure if they've that one but worth a try.

Thank I know the one your on about, I think it's called Secret Garden. Cheers for the suggestion will give it a try

• Advertisement

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Do any of the supermarkets or deli's have Italian sausages? I'm looking for calabrese.

McCambridges in town and Mortons in Salthill would probably be your best bet but don't know for certain if they have calabrese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Looking for Hair-Salons needing Hair-Models for Female Shoulder-length Cut for free or very low-priced. I think some do use Models and don't charge. I know occasionally there would be Fliers on Windows for this but I don't be in the City regularly, if anyone happens to know of or pass window with Flier of Salon looking for Hair-Models, please let me know! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Does anybody know where I'd pick up a Nintendo Wii controller securing lace.

You know the one that attaches to your arm and you tighten it closed, I just need one of those.

Anybody know where I'd pick one up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Any good opticians in Galway?

Not specsavers, I wasn't happy with them the last time I there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Any good opticians in Galway?

Not specsavers, I wasn't happy with them the last time I there.

i quite like vision express, well i like the staff theyve had in there over the last 3 years that I've been using them, I'm sure a change in staff would change my opinion.

Who does good deals on bicycle locks? U-lock and coily cable types.

Whats the best place to sell a chunky gold ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Who does good deals on bicycle locks? U-lock and coily cable types.

Kearneys Cycle in Terryland, Nigels on the Tuam Road and Halfords on the Headford Road Retail Park should all have something suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Whats the best place to sell a chunky gold ring?

There's a jewellery unit under the escalators near the back entrance of the Eyre Sq centre. Beside Dunnes. They buy gold.

Think there may be a couple more.

Bit of info in a former thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055794307

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I'm looking for a good place to buy spices.

I tried the Asian food shops in westside and they both felt a little understocked.

Advertisement