Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mayopanda84

Havent received an email yet myself, but looking for a way out of  12 month contract, paying 59 a month and only getting 30 to 40Mb, when on a 360MB contract
    Want to Move to Eir, simply to get bt sports free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Mine will be 50c short of 70 Eur !! No way i'm paying that for broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

50 snots for eir tv and bb for 12 months? Seems value to me.

Problem is that you've to sign up to Eir. Their reputation alone have placed them in my little black book along with (off-topic) Liberty Insurance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

van_beano wrote: »
    Problem is that you've to sign up to Eir. Their reputation alone have placed them in my little black book along with (off-topic) Liberty Insurance :rolleyes:

I truly hate the VM set top box though. It's shocking. Software , interface...terrible.
    Eir's hardware has to be better surely.
    Would love to get Saorview with the UK channels as well but I rent an apartment so can't get dish put up.

I truly hate the VM set top box though. It's shocking. Software , interface...terrible.
    Eir's hardware has to be better surely.
    Would love to get Saorview with the UK channels as well but I rent an apartment so can't get dish put up.

Would a Sky Go extra subscription on a PS3/PS4 or whatever XBOX equivalent be any good for you? €6 per month for the basic channels, need an broadband connection though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Problem with Sky is having the unsightly dish plus the cables thrown over the roof and pegged to the wall before being horsed through some hole the installer drills in the walls.

It's a pity Sky hasn't gone the non-dish route here yet, think they have in the UK in certain places.
    Qrt wrote: »
    Sky is fibre, no?
    theteal wrote: »
    Sky do have plans to go dish-less over here - no idea what the rollout plan is

Sky BB via dish !!!! That's a new one on me. Sky are touting fibre at low rates , but in reality they are re-selling Eir's 100mbps fibre through a copper cable.

Sky BB via dish !!!! That's a new one on me. Sky are touting fibre at low rates , but in reality they are re-selling Eir's 100mbps fibre through a copper cable.

No, no, don't be silly, we aren't in the future yet. I meant TV through the broadband, don't Vodafone do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

No, no, don't be silly, we aren't in the future yet. I meant TV through the broadband, don't Vodafone do it?

There's been such a thing as satellite broadband for quite some time, it's pish though - and expensive, only to be used if no other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

van_beano wrote:
    Problem with Sky is having the unsightly dish plus the cables thrown over the roof and pegged to the wall before being horsed through some hole the installer drills in the walls.

You are talking about sky TV. This thread is about broadband. Sky broadband comes in on your TV line and not the dish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That's a 6.25% increase. My wages aren't going up 6.25%. What's the justification, apart from pure greed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi can anyone explain how saorview works, how much and what channels? Do you need a satellite. Thanks I haven’t a clue about technology , I’m just sick to the teeth of paying virgin Media ridiculous prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

THIS ISNT AN EFFING BARGAIN ALERT!!!!!!

cant believe they are putting it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Would a Sky Go extra subscription on a PS3/PS4 or whatever XBOX equivalent be any good for you? €6 per month for the basic channels, need an broadband connection though.

That's on top of your sky subscription. You cannot have sky go extra without already being a sky TV subscriber.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

THIS ISNT AN EFFING BARGAIN ALERT!!!!!!

I think the bargain is that you can get out of your contract due to the increase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone explain how saorview works, how much and what channels? Do you need a satellite. Thanks I haven’t a clue about technology , I’m just sick to the teeth of paying virgin Media ridiculous prices

If your house has an old TV aerial just plug the cable into any newish TV and you should have Soarview. You need a Sat dish for Freesat, once set up it's all free

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great, just at the end of my 6 month cheaper deal, must hassle them again about it or just move to sky.

correct me if im wrong but havent they increased it for the last 3 years in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

they did but as far as i remember it was 1.50 now its 3.50, pff just two weeks back though gotten good deal on half price for a year and this crap now which puts me basically at full price again just for BB at 70quid when full price kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's me definitely off when my contract expires in December so. I've had enough of the negotiation game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Has anyone been offered a deal to stay yet? Want to get a feel for their offers before calling them to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I have free to air to and landline and Bb with virgin is costing me 55 per month, I'll have to shop around. Anyone else just have bb?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BadSanta

Acey10 wrote: »
    I have free to air to and landline and Bb with virgin is costing me 55 per month, I'll have to shop around. Anyone else just have bb?

I'm paying 43 foe just the bb but sa slowest one and got an email of increase by january. So I'm starting to shop around. Eir offee 39.99 if you switch but that all I know at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Hi,
    Well bi bi Virgin. As already said, they come back year after year for an increase. I ordered SIRO from VF two months ago and still waiting for installation. If they knock on your door, make sure the cable is there.

vm offered me 10 euros off (55pm down to 45 pm)for the next three months,until january when the full new price (58.50 pm)kicks in.****e offer to be honest.i asked could she give it for 12 months and she said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

theteal wrote: »
    There's been such a thing as satellite broadband for quite some time, it's pish though - and expensive, only to be used if no other options.

I had sat broadband back as far as 2005 when I paid 55 a month and on top of that I had to pay eircom a further 25 a month for 150 hours usage a month

living in the country it was that or dial up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

I rang earlier as I usually do well getting discounts. Price for me was going up to 59. The woman offered me 10 a month off 59. Said no. Offered 15, said no and promptly set it to cancel. They will be in touch with more offers. If not will call in a few weeks. I have gotten 6 months half price for past two years and 9 months half price before that. Initially they offer these crap 10er off to keep some people happy. Last time I waited a few weeks and got my half price off again. They have to be given the go ahead by head office which will take a while as people will accept the 10/15 discounts now. If anyone manages to get half price post it on here. i only have broadband with them myeslf. Would not go near their tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

That's me done if that's the case, already paying 58pm for 240mb ....over 60 for bb speed I don't really need I can't justify ....what I don't understand is how they can offer half price deals for 6 months or 9 months in some cases ....that tells me that's it's actual worth and the rest is just milking it.......why the hell can't they offer varying speeds at varying prices like UPC did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

vm offered me 10 euros off (55pm down to 45 pm)for the next three months,until january when the full new price (58.50 pm)kicks in.****e offer to be honest.i asked could she give it for 12 months and she said no.

You have to commit and cancel. I won't come into immediate effect if you call a couple weeks before your bill date. During that time you will then be inundated with calls with much better offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rmongey

What's the best provider deal right now for mainly BB but TV also... currently with Virgin but looking to move. What are you guys doing if cancelling Virgin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

rmongey wrote: »
    What's the best provider deal right now for mainly BB but TV also... currently with Virgin but looking to move. What are you guys doing if cancelling Virgin?

Sky are offering TV and fibre bb for €57...new dish, new sky q box and 12 months

Advertisement