Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon ultimate cf sl 9 or Focus Cayo Evo 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

tamaskan wrote: »
    Thanks Frazzle. The reason I was asking was I was reading a review of the bike where the stated weight for a medium without pedals was 7.45KG which is a pound heavier than the stated 6.95kg. Do you own one yourself?

I have a CF-SLX 7.0 (2013) in medium which is effectivley the same bike as what you have on order down to the wheels / groupset - only difference is the frame weight - when I went for a fit in BASE2Race Dom weighed it just out of interest and seemed to come in at 6.95kg with pedals / bottle cages.

A bike weighing 7.45kg in a review will have the pedals / cages etc and that is still a very light bike in todays money ................

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

I have a CF-SLX 7.0 (2013) in medium which is effectivley the same bike as what you have on order down to the wheels / groupset - only difference is the frame weight - when I went for a fit in BASE2Race Dom weighed it just out of interest and seemed to come in at 6.95kg with pedals / bottle cages.

A bike weighing 7.45kg in a review will have the pedals / cages etc and that is still a very light bike in todays money ................

It actually said in the review it was 7.45kg without pedals, cages etc for a medium. I find it very suspect I have to say. Can't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Dear Canyon,

My bike was delayed 3 weeks to Week 27. It is Week 27 now. Can you let me know that it will ship or if it is delayed again?

Dear Customer,

I don't know. Hopefully it will ship this week but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Regards,
    Canyon

Or words to that effect. Frustrating.

Sorry to hear that. That is frustrating. To be honest I'm kind of expecting a delay myself, but hopefully no more than a couple of weeks, or it will miss the first event I had planned on using it for. Which model, size and colour do you have on order? And how many weeks before the original arrival date did you find out about the first delay?

Ordered the Ultimate CF SL, Black, medium.

The original estimate had it down to be shipped on Week 24. On Friday of week 24, at about 5pm, they mailed to say it was now going to be week 27. "Inventory problem!"They knocked off the box and delivery charges as a goodwill gesture.

If I though it would be mid July at the earliest when it arrived I probably wouldn't have bothered to be honest.

They do tell you that the delivery time is only an estimate. What they don't tell you is that it is 100percent likely to be delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

Very close to ordering the Ultimate CL 9.0 but I might wait for the 2015 model (11 spd 105?)
    Sometimes they run a sale during the TDF as well.

CPL 593H

bellinter wrote: »
    Ordered the Ultimate CF SL, Black, medium.

The original estimate had it down to be shipped on Week 24. On Friday of week 24, at about 5pm, they mailed to say it was now going to be week 27. "Inventory problem!"They knocked off the box and delivery charges as a goodwill gesture.

If I though it would be mid July at the earliest when it arrived I probably wouldn't have bothered to be honest.

They do tell you that the delivery time is only an estimate. What they don't tell you is that it is 100percent likely to be delayed.

Thanks for that. I think once it arrives, you'll find it was worth the wait. Anyone else have any tales of bikes from Canyon arriving late or even early?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Thanks for that. I think once it arrives, you'll find it was worth the wait. Anyone else have any tales of bikes from Canyon arriving late or even early?

Ordered mine from the Outlet section of their web page and got it 6 days after hitting the Buy button. Very happy indeed.

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Ordered mine from the Outlet section of their web page and got it 6 days after hitting the Buy button. Very happy indeed.

You know what I'm gonna say next....pics please. So hard to find any good ones online. Thanks

You know what I'm gonna say next....pics please. So hard to find any good ones online. Thanks

I got the Ultimate Al 9.0 Di2, not quite what you're looking for I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 smiggyontour

Bought an Ultimate CF SL 9.0 on the 18th March it arrived 9 weeks later. I got a call from the local butcher to say UPS left a box for me with them.

I opened the box put it together and discovered the frame was too big for me. Id ordered a small frame as per their online sizing tool calculator but turns out Im an extra small.

I took the bike to LBS where I usually go and they confirmed it was too big for me. I could have made it fit by dropping the saddle and fitting a smaller stem but decided to send it back to Germany.

I contacted Canyon who told me to box it up and they organised UPS to collect it and deliver it back to Germany which took about 10 days.

I re-ordered the bike in an xsmall and changed the stem and hadlebar width (38cm to 42cm) to suit my size

Ive since recieved a mail to say the bike wont be sent out until 14 Jul but wont charge for delivery and bike guard

Having seen the bike I have to say its cracking looking and it is light just be careful with the sizing

What height are you smiggy?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smiggyontour

I'm 173 cm. I had to go down to 169cm before I was recommended a size xsmall on the sizing tool online

I rang the UK no. To confirm and was told it was the right size bike for me but to be honest when I compared the geometry to my other bike I am an extra small in a Canyon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I got the Ultimate Al 9.0 Di2, not quite what you're looking for I suppose.

How do you find it ? Am seriously considering one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

ror_74 wrote: »

They are great tbh.

I have one in S if you'd like a test drive?

ror_74 wrote: »

Absolutely fantastic, I love it. Super responsive frame, great for climbing and feels like it just wants to go faster on the flats and descents. Di2 is phenomenal, never a hitch and you'll tend to tap the gears more often without a thought, resulting in more efficient/consistent pedalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

They are great tbh.

I have one in S if you'd like a test drive?

Very kind of you sir, I might take you up on that, will PM :)
    Absolutely fantastic, I love it. Super responsive frame, great for climbing and feels like it just wants to go faster on the flats and descents. Di2 is phenomenal, never a hitch and you'll tend to tap the gears more often without a thought, resulting in more efficient/consistent pedalling.

I imagined thats what it would be like !

Right, sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

...when I compared the geometry to my other bike I am an extra small in a Canyon

Are you sure your other bike isn't actually too small for you and you've just gotten used to it? If you're 173cm, and the XS, the smallest size available is right for you, then what would people who are 165cm do???

Try the fit calculator on Competitive Cyclist. It'll give you a range of measurements for the important aspects of the frame for your body size, and give 3 options on fit, Competitive, Eddy, or French ranging from aerodynamic racing fit to a relaxed fit more suitable for increased sit-up comfort over longer rides at the sacrifice of aerodynamics and all out speed.

lgk wrote: »
    Are you sure your other bike isn't actually too small for you and you've just gotten used to it? If you're 173cm, and the XS, the smallest size available is right for you, then what would people who are 165cm do???

Strange alright.

I am 173 cm and of "standard" proportions. 30 inch leg in jeans etc.

I knocked off and added a few centimeters to my dimensions on the Canyon site to make sure I was getting the right size. All signs pointed to "S"

When I got the bike and the cyclist at works set me up using a turbo trainer they moved my saddle forward to compensate for my stiff arms. It looked like I was stretching for the bars/hoods. I thought that maybe I had it wrong and should have gone for the XS

It wasn't the bike, it was me and my posture.

Soon I was at the stage where I had my saddle correctly positioned as it has jack all to to do with "reach" and this week I have ordered a 100mm stem to replace my 90mm one as I feel "bunched up" on the bike when on the hoods.

In short, my posture has evolved to what it should be to suit the Canyon/road bike sizing.

E-mail this evening. Another week delayed.
    4 more than they said in total now, and counting.
    Absolute c**ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

did i read somewhere that canyon offer cycling ireland members a discount.....or is that wishful thinking!!!!

on certain bikes if you have a racing licence then yes they offer a discount. Decent discount. €200 on the Ultimate CF SL 9.0 Aero
    Hurry!! If you order it now you never know you just might get it in time for the 2016 season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

leCycliste wrote: »
    did i read somewhere that canyon offer cycling ireland members a discount.....or is that wishful thinking!!!!

https://www.canyon.com/_en/service/sponsoring.html

That CF SL 9.0 is a bargain the wheels alone are worth €1200-1300

just need to get all past by the ministry of finance now......already a serious machine never mind the discount, which is good too. Anyone here has experience on the CF SL 9.0 vrs the R5?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Does anyone know what size M & L are in canyon? 56 & 58 respectively?

Also on the availability tab on the site, CW 31 (28.7.-2.8.)*, does anyone know what that means?

mmmmmmm... i was looking the CF SL9.0 this morning from my work PC and saw it was just a little over €4000 with the dura ace spec, same bike has now risen to €4199 with the above link via the sponsorship page!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

cobijones wrote: »
    Also on the availability tab on the site, CW 31 (28.7.-2.8.)*, does anyone know what that means?

Delivery expected week 31, from 28th July to 2nd of August.

I'm 5'9" and according to the frame size calculator I should go for a small.
    Emailed Canyon UK and he recommended I get a medium. :confused:

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" and according to the frame size calculator I should go for a small.
    Emailed Canyon UK and he recommended I get a medium. :confused:

I'm in south Dublin if you'd like to try one for sizing purposes? It's an "S"

• Advertisement

CPL 593H

Advertisement