Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon ultimate cf sl 9 or Focus Cayo Evo 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

tamaskan wrote: »
    Thanks for that. The C24's are 2013 so they are 11speed compatible, so that's great news. I could afford the VCLS 2.0 post with the saving. Hmmmm.... More humming and hawing required.

I went for the Campy and the €200 so I could spend that on pedals/accessories etc.. When I spoke to the Canyon reps they said they don't recommend the VCLS 2.0 post for anyone over 80kg as it's a bit flexy and can slip a little in the tube with bigger riders - something to be aware of depending on your size.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

I went for the Campy and the €200 so I could spend that on pedals/accessories etc.. When I spoke to the Canyon reps they said they don't recommend the VCLS 2.0 post for anyone over 80kg as it's a bit flexy and can slip a little in the tube with bigger riders - something to be aware of depending on your size.

Thanks for that, I'm 85kg so good to know.

So how are u finding the ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Thanks for that, I'm 85kg so good to know.

So how are u finding the ride?

I'll let you know once it gets delivered :( - supposedly next month - waiting time is a bit long, but the value is exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

I'll let you know once it gets delivered :( - supposedly next month - waiting time is a bit long, but the value is exceptional.

Took the canyon plunge this evening, went with the ultimate sl 9 sl in the end. Hopefully have it to time to break in prior to w200

macbane66 wrote: »
    Took the canyon plunge this evening, went with the ultimate sl 9 sl in the end. Hopefully have it to time to break in prior to w200

Well done ya lucky B@?!?*#d! So how long is the wait are they saying? Wicklow 200 is next month, right? Sounds like the waiting times have come down a month or two.

• Advertisement

Well done ya lucky B@?!?*#d! So how long is the wait are they saying? Wicklow 200 is next month, right? Sounds like the waiting times have come down a month or two.

Thankfully My size and was in stock ( albeit had to go with a double crank and the black and yellow colour)so should have it anywhere between 2-3 weeks

If I do purchase from Canyon, seeing as it's the employer who purchases the bike, does that mean the warranty is under my employers name?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Have to take off the play 45 yet....

nice looking bus - that nice white bar tape needs a good wet outing like yesterday up Wicklow to sort it out, did the delivery take long once you got a ups tracking code? ordered mine from stock last week

Left their warehouse on Thursday, so 5 days. Cant wait to give it a run.

• Advertisement

Ah ya bugger. Had all but changed my mind and was gonna stick with the Lbs and get the Focus as I'm just not mechanically minded, but looking at that photo, it's just STUNNING. I'd feel like an idiot if I didn't get it. #tearingmehairout

What size bike is that in cm's and Canyon sizing (i.e. XL)? And what height are you? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Again i could be eaten here but i cant see why people want to buy an unreal racing spec bike for just doing sportives? To me thats like buying a ferrari just to drive it around the town. I mean come on dura ace components for sportives? Seems like a waste of money for that purpose. Each to their own but thats just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Amprodude wrote: »
    Again i could be eaten here but i cant see why people want to buy an unreal racing spec bike for just doing sportives? To me thats like buying a ferrari just to drive it around the town. I mean come on dura ace components for sportives? Each to their own but thats just my opinion.

Its a fool who looks for logic in the heart of a cyclist.

ror_74 wrote: »
    Its a fool who looks for logic in the heart of a cyclist.

I could go away and spent 10,000 euro on one of the bikes of the riders in the giro but the logic i use for myself is that it aint going to make me a better rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

To me thats like buying a ferrari just to drive it around the town.

I'd say that's exactly what happens a lot of Ferraris.

dakar wrote: »
    I'd say that's exactly what happens a lot of Ferraris.

Yeah im afraid so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I could go away and spent 10,000 euro on one of the bikes of the riders in the giro but the logic i use for myself is that it aint going to make me a better rider.

No but buying gear is one of the pleasures of cycling, and sometimes its consolation for being crap.

I'm 6 foot on the dot and got a medium. Seems just about perfect so go by that as you will.

I have had a lapierre 300 for the past 5 years and thought it was time to move up. I am doing la marmotte in July so dragging my old bike up those hills made no sense when I could drop a few kg on a bike. Lost two stone in the past year before anyone suggests loosing the weight rather than upgrade the bike! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smiggyontour

Cracking looking machine cheerspal. I thought the CF SL came with Shimano. Did you request a SRAM group set
    Is it an SL SL ?

Again i could be eaten here but i cant see why people want to buy an unreal racing spec bike for just doing sportives? To me thats like buying a ferrari just to drive it around the town. I mean come on dura ace components for sportives? Seems like a waste of money for that purpose. Each to their own but thats just my opinion.

Nah, I won't eat you, but....there aren't any Dura Ace components on the bike. It's Ultegra all the way through, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that for a sportive or duathlon. I already own a set of DA wheels that I got on a 40% off deal (how bad?)which I look forward to putting on my next bike, be it a Canyon or Focus. I like a good deal, nothing wrong with that, and if it looks better than the competition (in my opinion) then all the better. The only thing wrong with the Canyon is the slap across the face of your friendly local bike shop.

• Advertisement

How much did your bike cost? For €2000 you can get all the bike you need I'm sure you'll agree, especially compared to what you'd get for €1000. However spending the extra €8000 might not get you much of an improvement. I've gone from 15st 4lbs to 13st 10lbs since January, so if I reckon I deserve an upgrade from my aluminium bike and just want to get the best bang for my €2000. And u know what, I have a funny feeling it will make those hills just a little bit easier; )

An hour spin around a wet Howth. 9 PR's on strava when I got back. Sure that worth the money alone! ;)

Cracking looking machine cheerspal. I thought the CF SL came with Shimano. Did you request a SRAM group set
    Is it an SL SL ?

The SRAM was default back in December when I ordered it. Thinks it's just Shimano now and the color option is gone aswell.

cheerspal wrote: »
    An hour spin around a wet Howth. 9 PR's on strava when I got back. Sure that worth the money alone! ;)

Ah Jaysus man, think of all the pints and take away's u could have had with all that hard earned money.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Have to take off the play 45 yet....

Any chance of a few more photos Cheerspal? Have u been out on her much? Has it improved your climbing much over your old Aluminium bike?
    Thanks.

Only been out on it the once as its been pissing rain the last two nights and dont really want to use it in the rain just yet.

Climbing has improved a lot from what I have experienced. Shaved over 30 seconds off the St Fintans to windgate climb with not much effort. Took a few seconds off Summit pub to carpark aswell which I was surprised as when I got my PR is was very windy on my back.

Might get out tomorrow evening and will put up strava results.

No more pics at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

Wont make you a better rider but I like the "all the gear, no idea" buy what your budget lets you ......... there is no logic !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

Any chance of a few more photos Cheerspal? Have u been out on her much? Has it improved your climbing much over your old Aluminium bike?
    Thanks.

Nice looking bike that ............ what the SRAM like, heard very mixed reports ...........

Taking a bit of getting used to the Double Tap shifters but so far so good.

Just back from a quick spin on it there...

http://www.strava.com/activities/141803612

• Advertisement

Taking a bit of getting used to the Double Tap shifters but so far so good.

Just back from a quick spin on it there...

http://www.strava.com/activities/141803612

Hey Cheerspal,

I'm after reading on another post that Canyon only take the money from your bank account once the bike has been despatched. Can you tell me if this is true? If it is I would order the bike now as they are saying on the website the bike won't be ready for despatch until the 14th July, by which time I'll have the money saved and in my account. This seems a better plan than waiting to order until I have the money available, and having to wait until September probably to get the bike.

Please feel free anybody to answer the above question.

Thanks

Advertisement