Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just pot luck whether or not you end up playing with pancakes game after game. i normally quit the game if i have more than a handful of losses.

up to about tier 7 is mostly **** players, then it starts to balance out for 8,9,10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

copeyhagen wrote: »
    up to about tier 7 is mostly **** players, then it starts to balance out for 8,9,10.

Oh I dont know about that .... some of the worst games I have ever played are tier 10 games. For instance one where eight of my team did NO FECKING DAMAGE ...5 of them were tier 10. At the end of the game I had 4 kills and a couple of others had 2.

One of the idiots who did no damage says 'gg' ... I nearly punched my monitor :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I honestly cant say that there are some magic tiers where you have more good people then YOLO bastards. I sow some most of the stupidest actions in Tier 10 games and some of the most amazing plays in Tier 5 and 6.

T57 Heavy is Retarded Tank. Thanks all I am going to say. :mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well, thanks to this double xp, I managed to get my T25 AT. I really love it, even if it is stock right now. I can only imagine how lol it will be with last gun.
    I kept Jackson too. I am having way too much fun with it. I am really surprised how much I am enjoying American TD line.
    My fav tanks are the US TD's. I have held onto my T18 and my T49. I still have the Wolverine, Jackson and Hellcat. Just bought my T25 AT about a week ago. So far am liking it. Apart from the T25 AT ll the crews are all at approx 85-98% on their Camo skill......6th Sense soon I hope.

I prob should get rid of either the Jackson or Wolverine...but still like both. T49 and Jackson have a very punchy gun for their respective tier.

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    My fav tanks are the US TD's. I have held onto my T18 and my T49. I still have the Wolverine, Jackson and Hellcat. Just bought my T25 AT about a week ago. So far am liking it. Apart from the T25 AT ll the crews are all at approx 85-98% on their Camo skill......6th Sense soon I hope.

I prob should get rid of either the Jackson or Wolverine...but still like both. T49 and Jackson have a very punchy gun for their respective tier.
    Aye, I usually sell all my tanks below tier 7, but I liked wolverine and Jackson so much that I kept them. They are just fun little machines with very very trollish armour.
    T25 AT so far is really awesome. I can't wait to get last gun on it. Even with stock gun I managed to do so much damage!!! Though tomorrow I will just convert some xp and get that gun. Was getting fantastic Mm in it so far, but then I was thrown in to tier 9 game, in which I was pretty much cannon fodder without last gun.

WOT has interesting way to crush people souls. I had fantastic games after work and then complete shiet in the evening. In one game some asshole took a pure TD defence spot in his medium centurion. I asked Wtf is he doing and why he took that spot, to which he just have me abuse. Then after game finished he have me more abuse and called me ****, inexperienced player. I told him he is a dick and should feck off.
    Then in other game i had t29 retard who constantly scraped and bumped at me so I could not even aim!

Bah, I hope I will have a better day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

KV-1S Boomstick.

309601.jpg

Nice one m8. You do know that kv-1s Is an asshole of a tank! :D even if I am in T8 tank and I see it, I always go " nope nope nope"

nice one, never really gelled with the kv1s like i did with the kv1, i still play it though, seems im always in tier 8 games. .grrr..

with regards to your crew, Brothers in arms doesnt come into effect till it reaches 100% on all crew members, so its a waste (and a mistake) to take it while your crew are leveling. i used to make the same mistake when it came out.

repairs, firefighting, camo and a few of the perks all come into effect as soon as its selected.

what i would normally do on a heavy is:

train repairs to 100%
    take second skill, camo. when camo reaches 50% on commander, drop all his skills(to 90% for 20k silver), take sixth sense(this will be 100% so comes into effect straight away), then take second skill as repair again. this will be at about 6% now.

for rest of crew, take repair, then camo, then firefighting or whatever as third. when third skill for each member reaches 50%, drop all skills, take brothers in arms (as long as commander has 50% on third skill), then repairs, then camo.

and rinse and repeat.

tds i always start with camo. bia can be substituted for any other skill or perk if you prefer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nice one m8. You do know that kv-1s Is an asshole of a tank! :D even if I am in T8 tank and I see it, I always go " nope nope nope"

That thing deserves to be hit so much with a nerfstick that it wakes up in a pool of its own blood in an alley. And thankfully that's what it's getting.

Historically these things were only meant to be refined KV-1's, a littler lighter and faster. And not the ersatz IS-2 they act as.

• Advertisement

nice one, never really gelled with the kv1s like i did with the kv1, i still play it though, seems im always in tier 8 games. .grrr....
    Whereas I just can't get comfortable with my KV-1. Have it about 2 months now and actually dislike playing it so far. Maybe the Heavy's just don't agree with me. (Only have a handful)
    Spear wrote: »
    Historically these things were only meant to be refined KV-1's, a littler lighter and faster. And not the ersatz IS-2 they act as.
    I'm with Shadowhearth.......I stay well clear of KV-1S when I see one....I got 2 Premium Tier 7 tanks and still try to shoot them in the back.

Kv1 when its top tier is a behemoth at tier 5.

the kv1s is to be split into two different tanks, possibly in 9.2? maybe a bit later.

if the russian heavies dont excite you another nations heavies might. germans are great snipers, us are great brawlers. havent played british heavies past tier 5, but the chinese is2 on look decent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

what i would normally do on a heavy is:

train repairs to 100%
    take second skill, camo. when camo reaches 50% on commander, drop all his skills(to 90% for 20k silver), take sixth sense(this will be 100% so comes into effect straight away), then take second skill as repair again. this will be at about 6% now.

for rest of crew, take repair, then camo, then firefighting or whatever as third. when third skill for each member reaches 50%, drop all skills, take brothers in arms (as long as commander has 50% on third skill), then repairs, then camo.

and rinse and repeat.

tds i always start with camo. bia can be substituted for any other skill or perk if you prefer.
    BIA is sadly very bad; I used to have it on every tank but even on a insane reload like arty it's negligible and it's simply not worth the experience until forth or later skill (it's actual reload effect is 2.3%, not 5%; same reason why the vents suck) :(

Personally for heavy I'll usually go Sixth sense / repair as first skill (to lazy to lose exp from reset). Then Repair / class specific (i.e. ammo storage, radio range etc.) and third usually being either camo or if I'm a rush tank spotting range / aiming stability / soft ground speed (but only if I'll go for 100% on the skill if not I'll simply go camo). I never bother with the fire skill because it's very rare I go beyond 1 tick of damage (always run small extinguisher) and the number of times I've been set on fire twice are in the 1 in 1000 range.

Sixth sense is pretty much a must on anything. I only discovered when I came back to Wot again. I don't know how I was playing without it before.

yeh, bia is a bit meh. its very marmite on the wot forums alright.

6th sense is a godsend. i HATE playing my tanks that dont have it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

yes.. sixth sense is a must...

What gets me is that I have about 15 tanks...with sixth sense on 7 or 8... but then I forget on which ones as I am playing and there seems to be no way to check in-game if you have sixth sense.. except the hard way..

I watched the QB youtube vids on crew skills the other day. It may not apply to you higher tier guys. (I looked at Heavy,Medium,TD versions)
    He pretty much says that Camo is needed on anything under 500 HP/under Tier 5. At this level 1 shot will track you and/or damage you so much you have modules knocked out or are a 1 shot kill after that. So NOT getting spotted and shot is a priority.

About 500 hp/Tier 5 Repairs is more useful as 1 shot will not cripple you, so you want to get tracks back up ASAP to get out of danger. So repairs on Heavy's and Mediums. (Camo still good for TDs, especially the German glass cannons)

He pretty much agrees with the above comments on BIA, use it for your 4rd or 5th skill. 6th Sense, Repairs/Camo, then a class specific are usually more important that BIA.

I got my Hellcat crew at 99%...so almost got my first tank with 6th Sense. Got 3 other TDs with above 90%.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

yeh, bia is a bit meh. its very marmite on the wot forums alright.
    Well to put it in perspective on reload (one of the key reasons to get BIA) a 60s reload would be reduced to 58.62s instead; so less then 1.5s if you got 60s reload (which most tanks don't). A 20s reload goes down to 19.54s; once again how often do you go, darn it 0.46s faster reload on my really long reload would have done all the difference in that battle.

That then leaves speed and view distance; both which have specialized skills which give far higher boost then BIA...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Did they nerf it? i was under the impression that it was 5%

its still 5% alright according to the wot app

• Advertisement

BigEejit wrote: »
    Did they nerf it? i was under the impression that it was 5%
    It's 5% skill; 5% skill beyond 100% which does not equal 5% reduction in load time but rather 2.3% :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Sixth sense is pretty much a must on anything. I only discovered when I came back to Wot again. I don't know how I was playing without it before.

I disagree. Is pretty much mandatory for artillery, and some TDs. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything for me. I have a very aggressive playstyle, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm always visible. You should be moving and jinking at all times. 6th Sense only gives you warning three seconds later anyway.

I disagree. Is pretty much mandatory for artillery, and some TDs. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything for me. I have a very aggressive playstyle, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm always visible. You should be moving and jinking at all times. 6th Sense only gives you warning three seconds later anyway.

Considering how much more benefit sixth sense gives over any other skill, I don't see why you would not want to have it.
    I doubt from your description you go in pants down with a tongue on your side all the time. There are always times when you need to hide or remind you that you got in **** position and need to move. How many times you got shot from somewhere you did not even see? You said you play aggressively so that should definitely happen to you and not once. I have been saved so many times by sixth sense, just because I did not advanced further, when I though I was not spoted and save.

Light tanks - knowing that you spoted is a huge must. You got no armour to take blows, so every little helps and a notice ,that you got spoted in that bush is a life saver.
    Medium - have to be versatile and not always you can afford pants down approach. In fact flanking and ambushing is a big thing in mediums. If you know you got spoted already you might reconsider or take another turn in your flanking/rush. That will save you from instant pop.
    TDs - A must point blank. Yes you need Camo too, but I would still go sixth sense and Camo on the rest of the crew and then get Camo as second skill on commander.
    Heavy - extremely handy, but debatable if you really need it as first skill. I would still take sixth sense first over repair, but I could live with repair too.
    Arty - funny enough I think it is the least needed skill, because if as arty you spoted, you might as well sign your death wish. I would see Camo to be more effective measure to not get spoted in the first place.

I am no expert and that's just from my own experience. A lot of skill are very underwhelming to say the least. From all of them sixth sense is just over all best solution and biggest bang for your money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Considering how much more benefit sixth sense gives over any other skill, I don't see why you would not want to have it.

6th sense doesn't help me kill anything.

I will usually put mentor or recon on my TC in front of it. Recon so I can see further and kill things faster (especially in one of those 'one-on-one at the end of the battle' duels, where see first shoot first tends to win), or mentor to increase the ability of all my other crewmen to get better at what they do faster. In fact, I will often put BIA on there in front of it as well, 5% ain't much on its own, but it's 5% more, on everything. See further, reload faster, aim quicker...

I will usually put mentor or recon on my TC in front of it. Recon so I can see further and kill things faster (especially in one of those 'one-on-one at the end of the battle' duels, where see first shoot first tends to win), or mentor to increase the ability of all my other crewmen to get better at what they do faster. In fact, I will often put BIA on there in front of it as well, 5% ain't much on its own, but it's 5% more, on everything. See further, reload faster, aim quicker...

It does not help you kill anything Directly, but it lets you survive longer so you CAN kill stuff.
    Recon increases view range by like wooping 2%? I dont really think it will help you that much in real life situation. Its nice to have, but its not even near as useful as sixth sense.
    BIA was talked about here already. You need it on all members to actual work. So a skill wasted on ALL crew members for another minimal procentage increase? Yes, every little helps, but I have never been in situation where I would say "You know what, if I would have reloaded that gun by 0.02 second faster, I would have killed everyone on enemy team". I will take sixth sense + extra skill on every single crew member over BIA any day of the week.

I completely understand for having preferences in what skills you like to have on your Crew, but out of all Skills the one that gives most benefit is Sixth sense. Considering how many very high level Wot Players use it too, its pretty safe to say - its the best skill to have in almost any situation.
    Then again, we talking about opinions. Opinions like assholes, everyone has one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I was always of the impression that BIA was actually good.... I guess I'll have to reset that...

As for 6th sense I'm with Manic particularly in regards to a heavy tank. I basically work under the assumption I'm always spotted but then I generally am charging right at the enemy so it's a no brainer....

2.3% faster; not 5%. It's 5% crew skill but there's a diminish return once you go beyond 100% skill so the 5% (well 6% shown) actually only works out at 2.3% faster. That means as noted above less then 0.5s faster reload on a 20s gun or that your aim circle is fully still at 4.985s rather then 5s (yes, that's how small the effect is).

6th sense is a must for me on my light tanks, and my mediums.. and my tds too. heavies, its so/so. didnt bother with it on my is4 as theres no real need, some of my heavies i sue it though. my tiger h crew are from my lowe, 4 skills, so they have it and it does help sometimes.

As for 6th sense I'm with Manic particularly in regards to a heavy tank. I basically work under the assumption I'm always spotted but then I generally am charging right at the enemy so it's a no brainer....
    6th sense is a must for me on my light tanks, and my mediums.. and my tds too. heavies, its so/so. didnt bother with it on my is4 as theres no real need, .....
    So while definitely useful perhaps less so on Heavies?

• Advertisement

slow ehavies like kv4 are arty magnets anyway, so i wouldnt really bother with it.

german heavies i tend to play as sniper so its handy to know when spotted.

us and is line ussr heavies i would consider brawlers and wouldn't particularly need it.

on mediums its great, cresting over a ridge in patton, using depression to snipe targets, need to know when spotted for example

same with tds.

Advertisement