Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My T25 AT Mastery badge. It was awesome and super close game.

Took a TD asshole spot over the river in Lakeville. Had a good few shots and missed opportunities on some. Half way in the game we were losing badly and enemy took over west flank. They were stupid and cocky enough not to cap.
    I got so lucky as a huge SU russian TD was near me, he parked next to me and never notice my ass in bush lol. I managed to get bastard out with a help from heavies over in town.
    I rushed in to their spawn to just to get tracked... Took out arty and then the most WTF moment happpened. KV-1s just went on me. I landed 2 hits on him and then he just danced around me. 48hp left on me and he needed one more shot too. To my shock, when I almost realised my death - BOOM! Is3 from town got a shot at him! I surived!!!
    So final picture: enemy T34 in our spawn ( 40hp ). Me and IS3 in their spawn on on 3% lol. we went for cap and won the game.

this game can put you in Nerdrage and make you hate life itself, but then you get one good game and its all forgiven! :D

NewBitmapImage_zps934e3f7a.png

Some very very nice deals tomorrow.

T34 2200 gold and 7 days premium - 49.99eu
    15000 gold and Tetrarch - 49.99eu

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium/premshop-mean-dangerous/

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/special-dday-2014/

I am really really tempted to finally get myself T34. Looks like its better to get that 15000 gold package though as the tank you get is rare and if I remember right, a bit OP for its tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, I'm tempted to buy the B2 package myself. At the moment, you get 14,500 gold for €50. With the B2 bundle, you are getting and extra 500 gold, the B2 tank and a garage slot extra.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm tempted to buy the B2 package myself. At the moment, you get 14,500 gold for €50. With the B2 bundle, you are getting and extra 500 gold, the B2 tank and a garage slot extra.

I droped extra 40eu in to Visa just now. I might finally get myself that 15000 gold and get Premium. I want to get T34, but I will waste Crew training benefit. The only Heavy Tank I want from Americans is T57 Heavy and road to it is a bit retarded... no way I am going to go that route.
    Hows Lowe? I am in to my German Heavies nicely, so I would get some use.

Oh, we decided with another 3 lads to have a World of Tanks Drink night. Got beer and Pizza ordered too. We will all choose Nation and line we dont have tanks in and start from Tier1 or 2 in platoon. In 3 men platoons, which ever does worst skips a game.
    We thinking to introduce Warthunder rule too. If someone gets a kill others got to drink! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I find the Löwe to be fine honestly; it's a decent sniper but poor lower armor so don't rush ahead basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I got the ferdi and up its stock engine its the slowest thing on the battlefield its an arty magnet
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    slow ehavies like kv4 are arty magnets anyway, so i wouldnt really bother with it.

german heavies i tend to play as sniper so its handy to know when spotted.

us and is line ussr heavies i would consider brawlers and wouldn't particularly need it.

on mediums its great, cresting over a ridge in patton, using depression to snipe targets, need to know when spotted for example

same with tds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

shams i would deffo like 6th sense on the ferdi alright. even with the top engine its slow as fook. i was about 15k xp away from unlocking it from my tiger p, but i have stopped now.

shadow, i love the lowe, its a great credit earner and probably the most accurate tier 8 heavy, great for sniping, if you can go hull down its turret is well angled and can boucne like a mother****a. MOST PEOPLE PREFER THE T34...

had a great game in it the other night, got hull down behind a rock and bounced a load of shots, ill post the replay later, t34 couldnt pen me.

Lol, I wrote it in wrong thread.

So yeah, got that 50eu package. Lots of gold and a tank to buy.
    Had a game in that little Russian beast. Some gun on it for that tier!!!

I know, I know. A boring decision. Its like all those people who order first Ferrari and all go for red Colour! :pac:

NewBitmapImage_zps20102a1a.png

Nice tank, enjoy it. Beware the long reload and aim time however.

• Advertisement

Okay, When people said it is a credit printing machine - they were right. Even if you do badly, it still brings a nice profit. It costs only 7.3k to repair too.
    I am yet to get a good win in damn thing, because MM puts me in to team of complete Donkeys so far.
    Tank itself is actually fun and that gun is a lot better then I though. I expected KV2 with haubica, but I was wrong. Still okay accuracy and good gun depression. On the other hand anything has a good gun depression to me after "russian tanks"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Okay, When people said it is a credit printing machine - they were right. Even if you do badly, it still brings a nice profit. It costs only 7.3k to repair too.
    I am yet to get a good win in damn thing, because MM puts me in to team of complete Donkeys so far.
    Tank itself is actually fun and that gun is a lot better then I though. I expected KV2 with haubica, but I was wrong. Still okay accuracy and good gun depression. On the other hand anything has a good gun depression to me after "russian tanks"
    A good game will get you over 100k; a great game will take you beyond 135k (premium account). I think the only time I've managed to lose money was when I got killed with out damaging anything (ricochets etc.) and the loss was like 2k only.

Nody wrote: »
    A good game will get you over 100k; a great game will take you beyond 135k (premium account). I think the only time I've managed to lose money was when I got killed with out damaging anything (ricochets etc.) and the loss was like 2k only.

I got 97k for a loss in one game. I was like WTF?! The game was good for me, but not great. Usually I just get 50-60k per match where I do below okay.
    I think I made about 1mil last night with it. A good lash of XP too. I am stock pilling XP for conversion as I dont really need Crew trained too fast as thats the only american Heavy I got.

All in all, if anyone needs credits, then T34 is just great. Its expensive to buy, but if you do credits no now and then, then just get this T34, it will pay for itself in days. On top of that, it is competitive even in tier 10 games. Surprisingly I does not put you in to tier 10 games that often too.

ShadowHearth, have you chosen equipment for your T34 yet? The most common ones are Gun Rammer, Improved Ventilation, Gun Laying Drive and Vertical Stabilizer.

Personally, I use the rammer, ventilation and gun laying drive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

In other words anything that gets that all important gun singing.

ShadowHearth, have you chosen equipment for your T34 yet? The most common ones are Gun Rammer, Improved Ventilation, Gun Laying Drive and Vertical Stabilizer.

Personally, I use the rammer, ventilation and gun laying drive.

I just use what I can afford right now. So it was camo, binoculars and Gun rammer. Ill get better ones later on.

I should not play T34 today. I am just being completely sodomized by everything. I dont know why I cant get any decent games in it. Maybe I am not used to its massive size...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Any news on the next campaign? When will it be and what tiers? I liked training up the tier 6's and 8's last time.

I should not play T34 today. I am just being completely sodomized by everything. I dont know why I cant get any decent games in it. Maybe I am not used to its massive size...

I find it a pain too. 5 skills and barely hanging on to the 53% win ratio which was the norm a year ago.

Well T34 is my black hole of performance. I just cant even pull out a Win in it. I switch to other tank and getting decent games or at least a Win or Two.

I think I made a mistake by getting T34 now. Lowe was a better choice. Lower Alpha damage, but at least it can aim at stuff and does not have hull made out of paper and confetti.

• Advertisement

Well T34 is my black hole of performance. I just cant even pull out a Win in it. I switch to other tank and getting decent games or at least a Win or Two.

I think I made a mistake by getting T34 now. Lowe was a better choice. Lower Alpha damage, but at least it can aim at stuff and does not have hull made out of paper and confetti.
    Oh it does; it very much does and those hits are likely to damage the engine as well.

Well, seeing as you have the T34 get the gun-layer, fast aimer and maybe optics because it seems to be completly blind these days. Anyone else concidering buying a primium, get an AT-15A and camp the base. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

AT-15As....

I've think I've seen more Panzer 2Js around than those.

Hopefully since they're not selling, they'll use them as a mission reward instead.

Noblong wrote: »
    Well, seeing as you have the T34 get the gun-layer, fast aimer and maybe optics because it seems to be completly blind these days. Anyone else concidering buying a primium, get an AT-15A and camp the base. ;)
    Sorry but poor penetration T7 cannon on a slow T7 tank? Sorry but no thanks; you need damage to make money as tanking is worth nothing (in terms of credits) and I'd recommend the E25 or SU-122 any day of the week for T7 TD play.

Allright, I was half-messing. I just looked up the gun again. Still, I despise this game sometimes, and my only pleasure in protest is camping the base in the AT-2.

Actually I played it more now and I finally getting the hang of this thing. That gun still wins a troll award of wot ever, but I just trying to get some damage done and then eat all those credits! Nom Nom Nom!
    I am on 4.7 mil right now and I managed to get 30k Xp to convert. I got stockpiled 140k so I will start pumping crew now. Will have that crew ready for my heavies, when I come around to it.

I just researched tiger 2. Not sure if I buy it now, or keep it for later. Reason is, that I am sort of having a craving for some auto loader scum tank. T57 would be ultimate bastard, but I can't put myself through that line. A bit stupid if you ask me. Light/med line which ends on heavy...
    French heavies anyone? Though I will skip on first 3, D1 And D2 are the worst thing ever created. At least we were half drunk when we played those and we had some stupid funny ****.

T34 gun requires patience. Even when you've let it aim for a bit and it looks like it should definitely hit the tank you are aiming for, wait the couple more seconds so it's fully aimed.

French heavies. I'm only at B1 myself. BDR is generally considered horrible. ARL 44 is said to be pretty crap. AMX M4 45 is supposedly weak. AMX 50 100 seems to be fantastic and is where the French heavies start to have auto-loading mechanisms. Auto-loaders are very different playstyle though and can take a while to get used to.

T34 gun requires patience. Even when you've let it aim for a bit and it looks like it should definitely hit the tank you are aiming for, wait the couple more seconds so it's fully aimed.

French heavies. I'm only at B1 myself. BDR is generally considered horrible. ARL 44 is said to be pretty crap. AMX M4 45 is supposedly weak. AMX 50 100 seems to be fantastic and is where the French heavies start to have auto-loading mechanisms. Auto-loaders are very different playstyle though and can take a while to get used to.

That's actually spot on. It has quite good accuracy, but it needs time. Patience is a key. Another thing that helped me - play it as TD. I know turret is awesome, but it has massive weakspot that you can't really hide it and hull... What hull...

The problem with French heavy line it does a 180 on style forcing you to change multiple times. Up to tier 5 or so it's insane armor/poor gun then it changes over to ok armor / ok gun until you hit T8 and it goes no armor / ok gun / "oh and if you're caught for the 45s drum reload you're dead because everyone are aiming for you"...

With that 6 drum is also oh so tempting to go in, kill that tank and then suddenly you're going "oh hai mediums, would you mind waiting while I reload?"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

finally got my batchat, only have the second from to pgun, from the lorraine bt its a beast. like the 1390..

i actually bounced 2 shots from a wte100 yesterday, it bounces shots, and its meant to be paper thin!

gonna be my fav tank i think...

Advertisement