Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spear wrote: »
    There's none in 9.1. And they haven't given anything too solid about 9.2 yet.

It's really weird. I though they will be putting more attention in to updating models. Wot really needs a nice facelift. It runs like ass and looks like ass. Makes you wonder why, when WT looks so good, but can run on toaster.
    A bit annoying that xbox 360 players getting some cool features like weather and different time of day. I sow 360 version at my friends place and it have some really nice things. Sounds and tank effects are a lot better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

theres good mods for the gun and engine sounds, i use gnomefathers, cant stand the standard sounds after hearing this mod.

the fps issues really need to be sorted asap...

You'll like the Tiger P then. Twice the frontal armour of the Tiger H, yet same guns and shared equipment.

i have both fully upgraded, good few games in each, tiger p is slower, less manouverable and you cant rely on the frontal armour.

personally i prefer the tiger h.

have a better win rate in the tiger p, about 60%, against i think about 55% in tiger h, but dont really like the p at all. was only grinding it for the ferdinand, as the vk line is totally POINTLESS at the moment, until they buff the ausf B

copeyhagen wrote: »
    theres good mods for the gun and engine sounds, i use gnomefathers, cant stand the standard sounds after hearing this mod.

the fps issues really need to be sorted asap...

I really need to look in to that sound mod. Tanks should not sound like tractors. To make it worse they all sound same too...

I will miss that double xp weekend :(. It was such a great boost. I wonder when we will see something cool like that again.

Come to think of it, I did had fun in wolverine last night. Fun little TD, but has a bit low hp for my liking. It looks a bit low even by tier 5 standards. Looks like I'll be keeping it too, as it's handy to go other TD tree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A note of caution on sound mods. Keep all the old sound files somewhere safe, as when it comes time to patch, the launcher will normally attempt to restore the original files and re-download them.

• Advertisement

Guys, I dont understand a thing about wolverine and Jackson. they both got upgraded turrets, but stats are indentical. Whats the point of it?

you mean jackson and hellcat, the two tier6 tds?

hellcat is slightly quicker, better mobility, jackson ahs slightly better armour (both ****)

you mean jackson and hellcat, the two tier6 tds?

hellcat is slightly quicker, better mobility, jackson ahs slightly better armour (both ****)

Nah, You can upgrade turrets on those two TDs, but it is same on paper stats wise. After some googling turns out it gives slight firing speed and 20hp.

My next stop is Jackson, if it is better then Wolverine, then I should be okay. I got used to be on the bottom of the list with Wolfy and I sometimes pull off some good games for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

for historical battles, Jackson keeps its top gun, but hellcat loses top gun. For ordinary battles hellcat is way more fun ....but I am sure I read somewhere that it is in line for a nerf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Oh and because of its slow speed, Jackson is more of a sit back and snipe type TD rather than the hellcats zooming off and getting into trouble..... I have 65% win rate after 95 games in Jackson.... don't know how that happened.

• Advertisement

World of Warships.... I wish they would focus more on to Wot, then spread themselves so much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

World of Warships.... I wish they would focus more on to Wot, then spread themselves so much.

They're totally separate dev teams, in different cities in different countries. Warships work does not detract from Tanks.

They're totally separate dev teams, in different cities in different countries. Warships work does not detract from Tanks.

Maybe it is different Dev team, but they still put money and man power in to it. They could use that to make wot better.

I actually went and tried to give warthunder ground forces a go. It got a lot worse as people started just finding perfect spawn camping positions. No thank you.

Had a few games in wolverine and tiger. Nothing to write home about, but more and more I start enjoying wolvorine. It's armour very trollish. Jackson might be right up my valley after all. I am still not great with TDs, but I enjoy more of a campy sneaky play with them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

When in platoon, it just goes all over the place. We play now 2x tier 6 and 1 tier 7..........Playing in platoon is a lot of fun.

It is fun...but you have to play the same tier, otherwise the MM will be based on the Tier 7 machine, it will ignore the 2 Tier 6's.

I assume you are on comms too. Great to be able to cover each other and time shots.

However I once spotted a 3 man arty platoon in the loading screen. For some reason I set my sights on them. In my M8A1, powered down the west side of Siegfried Line. Got one kill enroute......crested a ridge and saw all three arty beside each other! Killed all three....would have loved to hear their comms that game.

Tenger wrote: »
    It is fun...but you have to play the same tier, otherwise the MM will be based on the Tier 7 machine, it will ignore the 2 Tier 6's.

I assume you are on comms too. Great to be able to cover each other and time shots.

However I once spotted a 3 man arty platoon in the loading screen. For some reason I set my sights on them. In my M8A1, powered down the west side of Siegfried Line. Got one kill enroute......crested a ridge and saw all three arty beside each other! Killed all three....would have loved to hear their comms that game.

We did, and combination we played were just horrible in MM. For some reason when we did 7 + 2 tier 6, we got the most fair games. Mostly anyway. Mm system is just evil in wot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I know it's a pub game and I know it happens all the time but just finished a round, dunno the name of the map but the all desert one (not airfield) and it's a def the flag game and I'm on the left flank. 1 kv1s flies over the berm for no reason into an already spotted group of at least 5 tanks and gets insta popped. Stupid.... Then another tank does it and same result and then another and then another...... WoT is such a headwreck sometimes.

sandriver map.

and yes, wot is FULLLLLLLLLLLLLL of serious retards. most computer games it doesnt really matter if your team suck, but in wot it really matters. had a game of assault yesterday on cliff, our top tank, batchat with awful stats, was clearly a bot. drove into a rock near spawn and sat there for 2 or 3 mins. then drove up one way, got shot a few times without blinking, then drove back to spawn and drove into another rock..... we only had one tier 10, and that was it.. we got eaten alive by their tier 10 and 9's.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/890527#arctic_region-thespearman-indien-panzer

I did some bad things to some opposing tier 8s....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

.... Mm system is just evil in wot.

Played last night......1 1800 64% Unicum in a Cromwell, 2 man Wolverine Platoon with a 1770 57% winrate, 2 other guys with 54% win rate.

All on opposing team, everyone else was 44-49% winrate (incl me) Awful matchmaking. I should have screen shotted it.

Tenger wrote: »
    Played last night......1 1800 64% Unicum in a Cromwell, 2 man Wolverine Platoon with a 1770 57% winrate, 2 other guys with 54% win rate.

All on opposing team, everyone else was 44-49% winrate (incl me) Awful matchmaking. I should have screen shotted it.

Mm is a reason why I don't take win rate seriously anymore. If that means that I will be named tomato, let it be. Wot is a game where you have to be extremely good to carry your team. I am not that good player.
    Last straw for me was a game in wolverine, where I killed 4 people and left another few less then half hp. The dude that killed me was like on 20hp. I was so in the moment, that I did not see how our team doing. Turns out allmost all of our team wiped out and all the kills for our team, but one were done by me. I had a good game and did my bit, but it does not matter, it's still a loss on me.
    I laughed yesterday watching quickybaby stream. He tried explaining tactics to team mates and gone for it
    . To no shock, all team just did usual derp derp thing and left him rushing in to position on his own with no support. He god sodomized.

Like I said before, I am turning in to " that guy ", and I understand a lot more. Those people who snap in general chat and go in to nerd rage. I don't defended them, but I understand them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Like I said before, I am turning in to " that guy ", and I understand a lot more. Those people who snap in general chat and go in to nerd rage. I don't defended them, but I understand them.
    Welcome to the first zen level of WoT; it usually takes a burn out or two to get there but it does make the game oh so much more pleasurable. Of course I do have my relapses (esp. when you have the "elite" guy bitching how the team is going to lose the whole game after they died at 12 min and you get a win by simply doing your part well but not to his liking).

WoT, unlike so many other games, puts you at the mercy of the general public to an extreme degree. And since it's an F2P game, there isn't even the €50 buy in needed as a sort of bouncer for morons. There are always going to be days when you just need to call a halt and step away. Even some with a high a profile as Jingles had to stop for the last month. He's got a video up explaining why he had to take a break:

I laughed yesterday watching quickybaby stream. He tried explaining tactics to team mates and gone for it
    . To no shock, all team just did usual derp derp thing and left him rushing in to position on his own with no support. He god sodomized.

ha, i watched that, that was a team company battle. he was like "err, guys, did nobody listen to what i said. 1390 drivers, what were you doing, did you just ignore what i said"

qb is my fav wot player to watch streams of, but he backseat manages even after he dies.

watched about 60% of jngles video earlier this mornin, got depressed lsitening to him moan on and on about how hes not on the same leve as foch, qb and circon. his videos have gone so depressing, had to knock it off.

fochs reviews are the funniest, he hates nearly every tank haha

WoT, unlike so many other games, puts you at the mercy of the general public to an extreme degree. And since it's an F2P game, there isn't even the €50 buy in needed as a sort of bouncer for morons. There are always going to be days when you just need to call a halt and step away. Even some with a high a profile as Jingles had to stop for the last month. He's got a video up explaining why he had to take a break:

In fairness, he comes out like a Dickhead from that first video. He gives shiet to another player for using gold ammo. So he had it preloaded and he did not knew that jingles will pop up to get shot. does he really expected that TD, just to say: "oh, he got only 1 hp, I will take 30 sec reload to put in normal ammo, I will just hope he will stay there and wait for me like a Gentleman". The whole bitching abut gold ammo is a bit retarded in general.

Then from what I see, he actually in competition with people he is in team, and not in competition against enemy team. Sounds like the worst way to play and again, makes him look like an douche.
    I might be the better player stats on paper wise out of my 2 buddies I platoon with, but we had a lot of games where they did better then I did ( me being in better tank too ). It never comes in to my mind to be a competition with them. In fact, some of the coolest games we had were we played very tight as a team with lots of cummunication and they did waaaaaaaaay better stats wise then I did.

In fairness, he comes out like a Dickhead from that first video. He gives shiet to another player for using gold ammo. So he had it preloaded and he did not knew that jingles will pop up to get shot. does he really expected that TD, just to say: "oh, he got only 1 hp, I will take 30 sec reload to put in normal ammo, I will just hope he will stay there and wait for me like a Gentleman". The whole bitching abut gold ammo is a bit retarded in general.

I think you've missed the point, which is that people don't think about what they're firing or at who they're firing. It wasn't that he expected the Obj 268 to reload and save on a gold shell, it's that the E75 was a far more productive and profitable target to shoot at. Shooting a target with 1hp left just meant a massive loss of credits on even a silver shell. Whereas he couldn't gotten 850 on the E75, and since the game was lost that would have been the pragmatic thing to do.

I think you've missed the point, which is that people don't think about what they're firing or at who they're firing. It wasn't that he expected the Obj 268 to reload and save on a gold shell, it's that the E75 was a far more productive and profitable target to shoot at. Shooting a target with 1hp left just meant a massive loss of credits on even a silver shell. Whereas he couldn't gotten 850 on the E75, and since the game was lost that would have been the pragmatic thing to do.

Nobody knows what was in his head, maybe he poped up first and object already had sights down. A shot is a shot. I dont think I would be fast enough to just go in my head with all calculations and decide which shot would be more profitable. I would have taken a shot at him just to piss him off though, he is a bit of Wot celeberity.
    I am not talking just about that reply and gold. He rants about it in general. How people use it on tanks that do not need gold ammo to pen. I am not driving with gold ammo loaded up in my tanks, but I always do have few on me for some emergencies. Sometimes I get cough with pants down and someone else approaches me instead of a target I was loading that gold shell for. I am not going to reload in to normal shell, I will shoot gold and take my chances.
    Quickybaby has some tanks and guns, which prety much work only if you shoot gold ammo. Its a game mechanic. I really find Gold moaners a bit sad.

I converted that Indien Panzer game to mp4 and stuck it on Youtube. Given that I used the first free converter I found on Google, comments on the viewability of it would be welcome.

Quality isnt bad. gj keeping that is3 tracked for so long, noob had no repair kit for the first ti me u done it lol

indien pz looks like a decent sniper...

what converter did you use?

Quality isnt bad. gj keeping that is3 tracked for so long, noob had no repair kit for the first ti me u done it lol

indien pz looks like a decent sniper...

what converter did you use?

Literally one of the first from Google, something called Any Video Convertor. It seems to have lost a bit of sharpness though.

• Advertisement

Some penetration on that thing.

Advertisement