Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

I more or elss you same mods as nody, but i use gnomefathers mod for sounds.

jimbos crossheir doesnt show weak spots though, so its not really an advantage.

i used to use the wek spots skins back when game was first released.

map can be made bigger with + and - keys!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Croshairs - a massive grey area. I don't mind people changing shape or colours, but adding any information that is not there be default gives you advantage. Some of those things are complete piss take and I don't know how are they allowed. Something like crosshair, which shows weak spots on enemy tank. When I found out abouf such mod, I instantly went Wtf.
    The default cross hair does that by showing you green/orange/red (i.e. you'll go green at the weak spot in what may be orange/red area) but what I think you're thinking is the tank skins with weak spots which are useful for your games from around 500 to 1500/2k but by then you'll have learned to recognize the general weak spot areas and can apply it to any tank and the skin only becomes annoying (this also don't include the fact most skins are not 100% accurate but more a "in this general area" as shell ricocheting etc. throws things off quickly).

as nody said the coloured part of the crossheir is the penetration indicator.. if its red, dont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

copeyhagen wrote: »
    I more or elss you same mods as nody, but i use gnomefathers mod for sounds.

jimbos crossheir doesnt show weak spots though, so its not really an advantage.

i used to use the wek spots skins back when game was first released.

map can be made bigger with + and - keys!

I actually did not knew about "+ -" thing. Cheers. Default map is way too small!

Just researched Tiger I and decided to buy it too. Not going to use free XP on it as it is a part time venture in German tree. Stock turret looks wrong on Tiger chassis though... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just researched Tiger I and decided to buy it too. Not going to use free XP on it as it is a part time venture in German tree. Stock turret looks wrong on Tiger chassis though... :pac:

That's the originally planned one. The production turret used on Tigers was originally meant for the Porsche Tiger instead. A very similar situation occurred with the Tiger II as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

welcome to tomato town!! aka world of tanks.

fookers driving round in tier 10 tanks with like 400 efficiency and 18k games...
    I was wondering what the hell tomato soup can means in wot as it became a very popular slang. I know it perfectly now.
    ... unless your team are purples and the enemy is tomato obviously!...

ShadoH: I'm happy for you that you know what people are talking about, but I'm still lost.

Purple?
    Tomato?

Please...!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

XVM colour codes players based on their stats. Terrible players are red, hence the tomato reference. An extremely good player is purple, aka a unicum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

ShadoH: I'm happy for you that you know what people are talking about, but I'm still lost.

Purple?
    Tomato?

Please...!?
    When you use XVM it shows the WN8 rating of players. That rating is created based on a lot of factors, mostly damage you did to others (weighted, some tanks get much higher WN8 rating for damage than others): http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8

The worst players have a black colour, you wont see a lot of them ... next is brown and then red. You will see a LOT of red ... seems like 75% of players are red. Are red players rubbish? Generally yes, some will play great games now and again, but generally if they have 5k games and are red they are a liability and will either rush or camp.
    http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/Color_Scale

A lot of players in big clans play overpowered tanks in platoons and so get quite inflated WN8 ratings and win rates. I have seen many purple players hanging back and sniping with gold. Does my head in.

chruchill vii yesterday, efficiency rating of 48.. 48.. lwoest i have ever seen.. even a bot would have more from spotting and shooting..

thats a tier 7 or 6 tank.. mother of god. he wasnt TOO bad, done some spotting for me in my t29 then died... thats the lowest i have ever seen..

tiger is a cool tank alright, luckily i had everything already researched from the tiger p except turret.

• Advertisement

Is it all day double XP? I got like 5-9 times double xp on a lot of my tanks. Its a shame I am getting completely ass games.

It's x2 for victories. And they count towards the T26E4 mission.

Damn, had some rage today. Nothing goes my way today. Imagine thus, I bounced 3 times in a row T34 American bastard and I was aiming at his hull. With what? Is-8 with best gun ( 255 pen and 440 damage). On last bounce I got killed too, that was,when I flipped the keyboard and I was one inch away from checking my keyboards durability against a table.
    It's just whole Damn day of very bad games.

I researched IS - 8 few days ago and finally decided to go for it. I like that I finally get a bit more MM, just because it can't go any higher then X and at that level tier 9 are very competitive tanks. On the other side the gun on is-8 is sort off balls. I might as well use it as artillery, not a heavy tank. A pure troll gun, which have missed on me targets, that even water pistol would do better job.
    I still need all the other parts for it, so it's a bit unfair to judge it now, but I am not impressed by it right now. The only positive so far - getting less ammo racked then is-3.

I managed a 69% winrate in the IS-8. I went with the widespread advice to treat it like a medium, and not a traditional heavy.

My Winrate so far on is8 is about 55%. I still win in it and it's not the worst "thing" I mounted in to battle. I am not sure though that it is on a fair ground at tier 9. I do love it's very small profile and the front looks like a proper troll bouncer, but I am not sure it can keep up with damage, specially when it's accuracy is just.... ****.
    Is is7 anything to write back about? Worth getting?

Looks like it is very hard to make any sort of credits on is8 too. Very expensive shells and repair costs.

its probably the worst tier 9 heavy. its more of a heavy medium, or a medium heavy.. the st-1, m103, e75 etc will all make very light work of it.

the is7 is very meh as well, serious armour, fairly poor gun. just cant keep up with the newer tier 10s, it was THE best tier 10 before.

most tier 9 tanks dont make much profit on premium account. my patton makes minimal on a win, but some of my other tier 9s make a decent profit. tier 8s make a much better profit.

its probably the worst tier 9 heavy. its more of a heavy medium, or a medium heavy.. the st-1, m103, e75 etc will all make very light work of it.

the is7 is very meh as well, serious armour, fairly poor gun. just cant keep up with the newer tier 10s, it was THE best tier 10 before.

most tier 9 tanks dont make much profit on premium account. my patton makes minimal on a win, but some of my other tier 9s make a decent profit. tier 8s make a much better profit.

Yeah, gun so far is most disappointing thing on it. It's just so un accurate and damage is just okay or even below okay. I will play it part time now and might focus more on t44. Russian medium tier 9 and 10 do not look too bad.
    Then again I started my first American venture. I am going for t-95. It looks like a lot of fun in a " **** you, that's why" category.
    I got more time in to tiger too. Mm for tiger is ****. Even worse when I got only standard gun for it now.

Is double xp still on today? It is fierce handy to level up your underdogs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tier 9s usually make a slight profit over time (with out gold) but nothing to write home about these days (I remember when it used to stop making ANY profit at tier 8 and only if you were good and you kept tier 5/6 to be the credit earners to afford playing the higher tier tanks, I'm feeling so old :o ).

The T95 is something that I'm slowly working towards but honestly the scare factor is not there any more. Track it, go around it, kill it or simply shot the copulas to kill it if you're high enough. Yea it got a decent gun but it can't really pick the engagements or relocate so you have to be lucky with what you go up against (and arties love it because once spotted it will never move away far enough for the first shell or two to hit).

and games can end before the t95 even gets into a position it can do any useful shooting from...

lol i remember how bad the credits used to be, kv1 was my credit earner. that was the reason i bought the lowe way back when.

shadow, i find the mm for tiger is actually quite soft. im almost always top tier.. whereas in my t29, im constantly and i mean constantly in tier 9 games.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/885549#steppes-thespearman-type_5_chi-ri

I finally had a decent game in the despised Chi-Ri.

• Advertisement

Damn you lads, why you have to be such party poopers! Can't you at least lie for a change, that stuff I choose is at least remotely good! :D
    Nah really, I know drawbacks of T95, it has like any tank out there. I knew what I am getting in to.
    I am starting to see positives in is8 now too. Maybe it is not great heavy, but it is god damn fast heavy for its tier. I will try to get it work, after all I had some,really good games in t43!

I really noticed that I am getting my ass handed to me by American heavies in tier 9 and 10 games. Is it me or they are a bit too good?

After trying warthunder it looks like I will stay with wot for now. Good thing is, that it's going to be a good competition to Wot and hopefully we will see more love and more deals. Pricing is a bit idiotic in wot.
    I will be getting T34 when it is on sale or has a good deal. Credits really starting to be an issue and tier 9 tanks are credit wasters.

The T-57 or what ever the latest one is (imo) OP and deserved a nerf a while ago (simply to much DPS to fast on that hull; compare it to the 50B). The E5 is a long range sniper which is in style with the rest of the line (strong turret, weak body) and is fine (problem with long range sniping these days is that the second gen TDs do it so much better so there is not really a role for it).

Well, I am officially a tomato again lol. Got below 50% win again. A lot to do with it was teaming up with 2 buddies for ****s and giggles. MM decided to completely **** on us. 2x wolvorines + t34 medium in to tier 8 game. I don't know how it is even possible... We were pretty much cannon fodder all the time.
    Then we switched to tiger, kv-1s and kv2. We got in to tier 7 games and finally started winning some for a change. Me using stock gun did not helped, but at least I had fighting chance.

I think I'll give me Russian line a bit of a break. T44 and IS8 will be not my main tanks for some time. I am focusing on tiger and that T95 route. T40 was painful, if you think you getting ****y MM, then give T40 a go. It's brutal. Always in tier 6 games vs kv-1s and such in 275hp tank destroyer made out of paper. Even in tier 4 games it's always in a bottom.
    Wolverine is a lot better, though still not great. At least I can survive more thenv 1 shot.

You sure about that? Those are all tier 5s, they shouldn't see a tier 8.

Spear wrote: »
    You sure about that? Those are all tier 5s, they shouldn't see a tier 8.

When in platoon, it just goes all over the place. We play now 2x tier 6 and 1 tier 7. We got in to tier 9 games, which are possible, but completely retarded for us. Its hard enough for me in tier 7, but why on earth to put in with 2 tier 6.
    So far this combo that we have gives us **** MM sometimes, but mostly we get decent tier 7 and 8 games. At least in those games we can do damage.

Calling it a night now, but we had a lot of fun. Playing in platoon is a lot of fun.

You might be right, it was tier 7 game. Though if we play 2x tier 5 and 1 tier 6, we get tier 8 games. It takes your highest member at matches by him. How that is fair I don't know. When we all go same tier we always end up in 2 tiers above games.
    Ah well, a bit of bitching. At least we had some very fun games and managed to pull off cooperative games. Banter is a lot of fun too. Some laughs we had there.

As for tiger, I finally unlocked itsvproper turret and I am falling in love with it. I love it more then all my Russian tanks. I think it was mistake going Russian tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

The matchmaker only counts the tank in the platoon with the highest tier spread. It doesn't care if you're playing tier 5 or 6, it's just finding a match for the tier 7.

You'll like the Tiger P then. Twice the frontal armour of the Tiger H, yet same guns and shared equipment.

Aenaes wrote: »
    The matchmaker only counts the tank in the platoon with the highest tier spread. It doesn't care if you're playing tier 5 or 6, it's just finding a match for the tier 7.

Well yeah, does not make it fair though. I understand when teaming up tier 2 with tier 8. Putting them both I'm tier 4 would be stupid, but when all team is I'm very similar tier, it could give shared tier, not just take highest tiers games and put it up by 2, leaving other 2 members cannon fodder.

Tiger P is a bastard to meet. I did not checked it's stats, but penetrating front is some bitch. I always go for that top bit when I see it. Was quite fun picking off bits with standard rather gun lol. So accurate and fast shooting.

Tiger looks amazing, that premium model is fantastic and makes me want to see more of them. Any news when they will do another batch and on which tanks?

• Advertisement

Tiger looks amazing, that premium model is fantastic and makes me want to see more of them. Any news when they will do another batch and on which tanks?

There's none in 9.1. And they haven't given anything too solid about 9.2 yet.

Advertisement