Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some penetration on that thing.

Balanced by a horrible aim time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Spear wrote: »

I converted that Indien Panzer game to mp4 and stuck it on Youtube. Given that I used the first free converter I found on Google, comments on the viewability of it would be welcome.

How do you put up with that graphical.... 'pulsing'? Or is it an effect of making the video?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How do you put up with that graphical.... 'pulsing'? Or is it an effect of making the video?

It's an artifact of the video, from the original recording it seems. I suspect it's attempting to write to much to the hard disk, as that 5 minutes accounted for 22gigs of video in its raw state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Hmmm, nice sniping gun on that Indien.... I'll have to get one.

Good video, I noticed at the start you kept looking at a moron 3601 who was going the wrong flipping way.... :P

BigEejit wrote: »
    Hmmm, nice sniping gun on that Indien.... I'll have to get one.

Good video, I noticed at the start you kept looking at a moron 3601 who was going the wrong flipping way.... :P

I was more than a bit perplexed as to what he thought he was doing. I had suspected he was just going into a corner AFK, but he was attempting to snipe with the howitzer. He's the one doing the either ineffectual or very low damage hits on the IS-3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Unlocked Jakson today. For some stupid reason I REALLY love Wolverine and Jackson. I am still bad in them, but I just love them. They look cool and they have very trollish armour, Gun depression is fantastic too. It is really hard to go back to my soviet tanks as those guns can barely look down. With Wolfy and Jackson I can still be TD, but if **** hits the fan, I still manage to take a punch if I angle myself right. Ofc if Stupid KV-1S drives up its instant GG. I think I never hated any tank more then KV-1S.

Does T34 premium tank gets premium MM? I think I will be getting some sort of Premium tank. I was looking in to Dicker Max or whatever its called :p as its gun depression is just mouth watering, but it does not get Premium MM and I am not looking forward to play in glass cannon vs IS3 etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Does T34 premium tank gets premium MM? I think I will be getting some sort of Premium tank. I was looking in to Dicker Max or whatever its called :p as its gun depression is just mouth watering, but it does not get Premium MM and I am not looking forward to play in glass cannon vs IS3 etc.
    Nope but if you want a real troll tank go with the E25 (you'll go faster then a light tank!) or the SU-122-44 (that gun is very OP for it's tier; esp. with that reload!) and by being T7 you'll never get matched against T10.

Once you move on from the Jackson, you may be underwhelmed by the T-25/2. It still has a 90mm gun, and no armour. By comparison the T-25AT gets the 105mm gun, and is essentially a US Jagdpanther.

Once you move on from the Jackson, you may be underwhelmed by the T-25/2. It still has a 90mm gun, and no armour. By comparison the T-25AT gets the 105mm gun, and is essentially a US Jagdpanther.

Hellcat gets t25/2, Jackson goes in to tradiotonal TD with HUGE cannon. I kept Wolverine and most likely I am getting hellcat too. I will be working on both TD lines.

I actually overlooked E25. Like most people I did a mistake of judging it by its gun. Wrongly at that too.
    I need Credit printing machine, so T34 was a main choice. Thing is its very expensive and I cant take the benefit of crew training and swaping. I am not in to American Heavies.
    E25 would be Perfect for me as I am going in to German Glasscannon TD line.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I actually overlooked E25. Like most people I did a mistake of judging it by its gun. Wrongly at that too. ......
    E25 would be Perfect for me as I am going in to German Glasscannon TD line.

I got myself the E25 last November and love it. The gun may be lower tier but you got a great reload and the speed of it means you can bounce from flank to flank easily on maps like Prokorovka. You can get some god awful matches in it (Tier 8/9 in Himmelsdorf) but I find it is great fun. Similar to how I view my Pz.I.C.

I always get at least 1 match with each when I play, I find they are my stress relief tanks. Currently grinding to the JadPanther so the E-25 also helps in improving my Jadpanzer crew.

• Advertisement

Returning to my adventures in video encoding...

On the first attempt, I used Fraps to record the replay to video. Fraps halved the framerate, and produced a 22gig raw file.

On a second attempt, I used the integrated nVidia Shadowplay.

This had some very different results. The framerate impact was minimal, only 2 or 3 fps lost. And it produced a 1.7 gig raw file instead. Clearly a massive improvement. And yet it's all a bit pointless as Youtube still only supports a max frame rate of 30. The 1.7gig file is at least feasible to upload direct to Youtube, and yet when I do, it doesn't produce a 1440p option from a 1440p source file, whereas it did with a heavily compressed previous file.

I'm making progress, but there's still some hitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Returning to my adventures in video encoding...

On the first attempt, I used Fraps to record the replay to video. Fraps halved the framerate, and produced a 22gig raw file.

On a second attempt, I used the integrated nVidia Shadowplay.

This had some very different results. The framerate impact was minimal, only 2 or 3 fps lost. And it produced a 1.7 gig raw file instead. Clearly a massive improvement. And yet it's all a bit pointless as Youtube still only supports a max frame rate of 30. The 1.7gig file is at least feasible to upload direct to Youtube, and yet when I do, it doesn't produce a 1440p option from a 1440p source file, whereas it did with a heavily compressed previous file.

I'm making progress, but there's still some hitches.

Have you tried Bandicam?

Shams wrote: »
    Have you tried Bandicam?

No, but getting it to a video file doesn't seem to be an issue currently.

I am pretty sure MM decided to have a huge **** on me today. I went from 50.04% Win to 49.70% The lowest I was ever was in ages.
    I play Tiger and Jackson and every single game I am in 2 tier above games. I had a few in the morning of same or 1 higher tier games, but the rest of the day is like a massive storm of **** and puke in to my face.

I really want to get some boost for my lines today, but whats the point of playing if I cant even win any game, and if I win I did feck all in it as I cant even penetrate a single **** even if I use gold ammo.

I am not in to American Heavies.

SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!
    To be fair American Heavies are really odd balls (like the 50B) if you compare it to Germany, Russian once etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I think you've missed the point, which is that people don't think about what they're firing or at who they're firing. It wasn't that he expected the Obj 268 to reload and save on a gold shell, it's that the E75 was a far more productive and profitable target to shoot at. Shooting a target with 1hp left just meant a massive loss of credits on even a silver shell. Whereas he couldn't gotten 850 on the E75, and since the game was lost that would have been the pragmatic thing to do.

I strongly believe in "Take a gun out of the game". An Obj 268 at 1hp is generally more dangerous than an E-75 at 1,000hp. It's just easier to kill, if you can punch through the front. I prefer to think of the 'profit' with the 'win modifier' than purely 'hp/shot'

I strongly believe in "Take a gun out of the game". An Obj 268 at 1hp is generally more dangerous than an E-75 at 1,000hp. It's just easier to kill, if you can punch through the front. I prefer to think of the 'profit' with the 'win modifier' than purely 'hp/shot'

Normally yes, but that's when the game is still competitive, and not lost already in the example given.

This double XP is fantastic. Got all the bits bought on Tiger and 45k XP on it already towards Tiger II. Jackson is on 35k XP too. Managed to buy Nashorn, so I could finally sell that damn lunchbox and never see it or play it again.

Tiger is pretty much Money Printing machine this weekend.

Is it me or Wot really feels a pinch from WT. These double xp weekends are very often now and Missions are really good too.

I cant believe I got american 75k xp part done too already. I did not even had a single american tank to do that big mission. I managed to do it with Russians, Germans and Americans so far. If I had at least 1 decent tank in Each country I would have done that Mission easily.

Finally something to write back home for!

Won a dog fight vs few medium tanks and then got a fantastic position to shoot all enemy heavies like they were some geese in pond. Then it was 2vs1. Our KV-1s bot afk ****. So me vs KV-2, which has that Retarded cannon mounted on, so pretty much one shot one kill on Jackson. I sneaked on the fecker and had a bit of stand off, he shot and missed. All I needed to do was just drive around him and feed him with lead after! :p

1_zps0cb38a6d.png

• Advertisement

Vehicles added: T26E4 SuperPershing
    Slots added: 1

Yay me. Even better I'm now just short of done with that woeful Chi-Ri.

Enjoy it. I love the tank.

This is the match that finished off my US mission yesterday. Most of it is just me beating lumps out of everything. But it can still be a good teaching lesson, note how I backed off until the bush was opaque at the start. This means I need to rely on others spotting, but it also means I can't be spotted when firing instead.

Well, thanks to this double xp, I managed to get my T25 AT. I really love it, even if it is stock right now. I can only imagine how lol it will be with last gun.
    I kept Jackson too. I am having way too much fun with it. I am really surprised how much I am enjoying American TD line.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't see why Chi Ri gets such a bad rep. I'm enjoying it.

I don't see why Chi Ri gets such a bad rep. I'm enjoying it.

No armour, no mobility, no acceleration, the high profile. All of which compounds the risk due to the need to stay exposed while emptying the magazine at a target. Once you can get the gun firing, the DPM is certainly good. But every other aspect makes it a chore.

No armour, no mobility, no acceleration, the high profile. All of which compounds the risk due to the need to stay exposed while emptying the magazine at a target. Once you can get the gun firing, the DPM is certainly good. But every other aspect makes it a chore.

I could swear you just described Russian t28. Huge, paper thin armour, but very good gun for its tier. I guess it has speed over Japanese box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

gj spear. only nation that let me down was japanese.

dont own any of them. was away with work from thursday to sat night anwyays so wasnt arsed in researching them just for te SP.

played for while last night, awful awful games. killing loads and losing about 80% of games... so annoying..

I am scared.... I got back from work and played all my tanks just to get first win of the day. I am pretty much rail roading everything!!! Even had a great game in IS-8!
    I just got this, I could not believe it. My Mastery badge in Tiger.

NewBitmapImage_zpsb50b0e04.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Nice one..... by the way I normally play late.. usually 10:30/11 PM..

However played last Friday at lunch time and for some reason found that the competition wasn't up to much.... Just wondering if there are easier times of the day to play.

Most of my tanks are tier 6/7 so maybe there are more of that tier earlier and the big dogs come out to play later on

Advertisement