Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

*sigh* ..... out of 8 games this evening, 5 had my win chance around 30% (worst was 23% win chance, 6 or 7 of our team had appalling stats like 42 or 43% win rate), 2 more games were 35% and 38% ...one it was 57% but only because our top tank was a kv2 dude with 58% win rate ....but he was afk, 0 damage from him .... 7 losses one win. I know its not the worst losing streak by any means but I just couldnt be bothered with that ****e. taking a break from the game before I lose it...

**** wargaming and **** their absolutely moronic matchmaking.
    Why cant the let people/bots with 40 - 45% win rates just play each other. I am sick of playing in teams with heaps of these fecking useless players. All it takes is: you have 51% win rate = everyone on both teams within + or - 1% of that. You might wait 2 minutes, but the game experience and enjoyment for everyone is greatly improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This game can,crush your soul in seconds and the same way, can make you feel as biggest badass in universe.
    I had so many stormy: **** you Wot! Not going to play you for a month! Then finding myself next day playing like a little bitch.

You had one of those days m8. We all know how you feel. ;)

I did not played too much last night. Had a lazy evening on PS4 with warframe instead. Will need to get a few games today after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

ya.... had that sort of a night... destroyed 8 in one battle in a hellcat and got my first Ridley Scott (not correct name) medal.... and then could do nothing in the heavies .. kept getting a low rank in MM and not playing well...

Actually I have not quite figured out how to play a heavy well if you are on the lower rungs of the ladder...such as a T29, IS in a tier 9 battle if I take the front line I cant penetrate **** and just get annihilated... I cant really play as a TD and support.....

VikingG wrote: »
    ya.... had that sort of a night... destroyed 8 in one battle in a hellcat and got my first Ridley Scott (not correct name) medal.... and then could do nothing in the heavies .. kept getting a low rank in MM and not playing well...

Actually I have not quite figured out how to play a heavy well if you are on the lower rungs of the ladder...such as a T29, IS in a tier 9 battle if I take the front line I cant penetrate **** and just get annihilated... I cant really play as a TD and support.....

Well, if I see that my ass in the lowest step of food chain in game, but I am still in tier 7-8 tank, then I play front lines support role. I go with all the big boys, but let them go first. Does not work on all maps, but at least this way you have a chance to survive and land a shot or two. Something like tiger can do it well. High accuracy let's you sit in the back of all brawlers and shoot weak spots on enemy turrets or at least track heavies now and then.
    If you are in tier 5-6 heavy and non in stupid kv-1s, but in tier 7-8 game, then good luck to you, my friend. Might as well just Yolo it and get a few Wtf and laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ya.... had that sort of a night... destroyed 8 in one battle in a hellcat and got my first Ridley Scott (not correct name) medal

radley walters medal, i still dont have one, have had a tonne of games where i got 6 o 7 kills, never got the 8th for the RW.

the t29 can pen almost every t9 heavy, you just need to know the weakspots, and sue the in game pen indicator of the reticle to help you.

• Advertisement

Played only few games today. Had fantastic games in T25 at, is8 and T34. Then played my T44. Russian medium. 2 games I was just awesome. Played like a real med and both games I was first in the list... But all the time we lost... Really got pissed off.
    Just another prove, you can be the best player in wot, but if your team is ****, you will lose.

Well this was unexpected. I have to say, that blowing up Maus was very satisfying. :p

1_zpsa0442023.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well this was unexpected. I have to say, that blowing up Maus was very satisfying. :p

Was that in its upgraded state?

Spear wrote: »
    Was that in its upgraded state?

All upgrades, but still no engine. Last bit left to upgrade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

All upgrades, but still no engine. Last bit left to upgrade.

You'll find the speed surpisingly useful in that one.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    You'll find the speed surpisingly useful in that one.

Yeah, its really damn fast tank. I hated when I got it, but now I am really starting to love it. armour can be very trollish and it can move even with Stock engine. I am usually keeping up with Medium tanks.

Oh yeah, the new sound changes and exhaust smokes are really great. Might sound silly, but it really adds to Tank experience. It feels more like a tank now, not just some box in videogame.

As I first said a while back, treat it like a medium and you'll should do some nasty things with it.

new gun sounds are OK. engine sounds are just as ****, gnomefathers still pisses all over the wg devs for that.

no fps increase for me anwyay. still avergaing about 35-40 in most maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

Downloaded the 9.1 patch last night... didn't notice too much... except not having my xvm.....

The new map looks good.. large map with alot of spaces.. but lots of little hiding spaces as well.

the light tier MM put my T71 as the 4th best tank in a match and I just ripped everyone apart and did 3.5K damage... but then 3 times in a row it put my AMX 13 75 as the bottom tank... including one with Tier 9 tanks at which point best you can do is passive scout and track a few tanks and run,

Downloaded the 9.1 patch last night... didn't notice too much... except not having my xvm.....

The new map looks good.. large map with alot of spaces.. but lots of little hiding spaces as well.

the light tier MM put my T71 as the 4th best tank in a match and I just ripped everyone apart and did 3.5K damage... but then 3 times in a row it put my AMX 13 75 as the bottom tank... including one with Tier 9 tanks at which point best you can do is passive scout and track a few tanks and run,

Aye, Wtf with light tanks. I though they said that they will lower their Mm tiers, but I sow tier 5 lights in tier 8 games. We're tier 5 lights in tier 9 games too?!

Aye, Wtf with light tanks. I though they said that they will lower their Mm tiers, but I sow tier 5 lights in tier 8 games. We're tier 5 lights in tier 9 games too?!

yeah, tier 5 could egt tier 9 matches (most of the time) prior to 9.1

think i will rebuy my mt25 now...

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeah, tier 5 could egt tier 9 matches (most of the time) prior to 9.1

think i will rebuy my mt25 now...

Tier 8, for a small tier 5 tank does not look like a huge improvement. I know lights have their own role in wot, but if you are tier 5 tank in tier 8 or 9 game, then they might swap light tank for a car or something.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

At last.....finally got 6th sense on my first tank. Dropped Camo for it at 99% and it went to 97%, since then I've been having crap games in it.

Now lets hope I realise how badly I can hide in my Hellcat!!

Tenger wrote: »
    At last.....finally got 6th sense on my first tank. Dropped Camo for it at 99% and it went to 97%, since then I've been having crap games in it.

Now lets hope I realise how badly I can hide in my Hellcat!!

Just have a few games now m8. Then you will say " how the hell I was playing without it?!"

Just have a few games now m8. Then you will say " how the hell I was playing without it?!"

First game with.....saved me twice from getting shot, then allowed me to figure where the last guy was as I was spotted as I drove into the cap northern circle on Ruinberg.

Bloody hell its great

• Advertisement

it will also turn you into a coward now.. :P

peep around corner, 6th sense goes off.. "fook that, ill go somewhere else"

when it could have been an easy kill that spotted you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

copeyhagen wrote: »
    new gun sounds are OK. engine sounds are just as ****, gnomefathers still pisses all over the wg devs for that.

no fps increase for me anwyay. still avergaing about 35-40 in most maps.

I like the new gunfire. Sounds much more meatier.

EDIT: I'm luving the football mode. It's so much fun.

I find new gun design to be awesome. A lot better then it was before.

It's a shame qbout just double xp on crew this weekend. I would prefer general double xp weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Never had to work so hard driving the Hellcat and KV-1S. Just trying to train up the crews but it's like a workout.

Noblong wrote: »
    Never had to work so hard driving the Hellcat and KV-1S. Just trying to train up the crews but it's like a workout.

Try driving the M7 or that French tank BDR whatchamacallit...... I've almost given up using them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What's even more annoying is the amount of goold n00bs. Seems every second Rhm. B. runs gold; as does every T57, FV215 187 along with at least 25% of every other T8+ tank (and even in Hellcats, T69s, Löwe etc.; I mean wtf those tanks don't need that if you have even an ounce of play skill). It makes a mockery of the idea of armor in most match ups (though I had a T57 bounce 2 clips only destroying one module only to turn around and accuse me of hacking because he failed to do damage; bloody moron).

Try driving the M7 or that French tank BDR whatchamacallit...... I've almost given up using them.

The M7 has killed my desire to play my US tanks. (apart from their TD's)

Apart from its' general crapness I've the T21 to 'look forward' to afterwards. Talk about a motivation killer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Apart from its' general crapness I've the T21 to 'look forward' to afterwards. Talk about a motivation killer.
    Free exp my friends; free exp is your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'm about 2k EXP away from unlocking the T-21, will do it this weekend to get it cheaper. I haven't found the M7 too bad at all. Decent passive spotter, okay sniper and towards the end of battles you can mop up low HP enemies.

Advertisement