Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    indien pz i started great with last week ,cant get a decent team now.

so many lemming teams, entire teams go to one flank, how fookin retarded muist they be to not react to the map.
    I think it's an after effect of the x5 and people staying behind. After having a 20(!) loss streak on the T25/2 (other tanks I won with as expected, the tank was cursed for me) I've simply given up and started to play to the lemming mentality. Yes; the game is lost with out anyone on that flank but I'm not going to suicide trying to defend it and will let the lemmings take the first hit while I dish out the damage and do 2k+ damage even with the loss. Decent exp for me, better cash and stats and a heck of a lot less frustration trying to hero win the damn game for the 14 zerglings.

Also FTR has the next two month's missions and discounts up; looks like I'll be saving up a few tank purchases for 24th (got two tier Xs, two tier IXs, one tier VIII most likely).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh, i reckon your right about the x5 players, absolute pancake teams about!!

seen ftr with the 15% discount on all tier7-10 or whatever it was.

at the moment i have batchat, m48, and t110e4 in garage. thinking of selling the fatton though and maybe re buying the m46.

i dunno if i would buy anymore tier 10s, have loads unlocked and never bought. the is7 is actually appealing to me now after watching sir fochs review yesterday, though my brother has it and says its sh1t, everyone just fires gold at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'm slightly under-whelmed at the 15% discount on tier VIIII premiums in December, I thought it would have been 30%. I still might get the FCM 50t though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aenaes wrote: »
    I'm slightly under-whelmed at the 15% discount on tier VIIII premiums in December, I thought it would have been 30%. I still might get the FCM 50t though.
    I got every tier 8 premium I want to be honest (excl. only the mediums because I hate mediums :P ) but I hope they'll release the new American T8 TD in time for me to use the discount for it (I need one more loaders for the E3/E4 apparently).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nody wrote: »
    I got every tier 8 premium I want to be honest (excl. only the mediums because I hate mediums :P ) but I hope they'll release the new American T8 TD in time for me to use the discount for it (I need one more loaders for the E3/E4 apparently).

There's always the T28 concept, which seems quite good from the video that's on the go.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    There's always the T28 concept, which seems quite good from the video that's on the go.
    True but premium T8 is 50% more exp for crew and the T28 concept is the individual mission vehicle (i.e. not sure when I'll be able to get it) :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

got my second mark of excellence in the vk30.01d last night..
    How much damage dealt to get the mark?

On the lemming train matter......I find its better to join them so at least you get some damage in rather than try to hold a flank on your own. If there are 2-3 others with you holding the flank is an option (of course you will prob still lose anyway when the lemmings run into guns)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

True but premium T8 is 50% more exp for crew and the T28 concept is the individual mission vehicle (i.e. not sure when I'll be able to get it) :)

The individual mission kicks in with 9.5 I thought, so not that far away.

Spear wrote: »
    The individual mission kicks in with 9.5 I thought, so not that far away.
    Depends on what you need to fulfill them though; for example if they pull the IS-6 requirements again or something silly like kill 6 tanks and survive with your TD x 50 etc. it would take quite a while to achieve.

Tenger wrote: »
    How much damage dealt to get the mark?

On the lemming train matter......I find its better to join them so at least you get some damage in rather than try to hold a flank on your own. If there are 2-3 others with you holding the flank is an option (of course you will prob still lose anyway when the lemmings run into guns)

im gonna try upload the video to youtube using fraps or soemthing later, but it was a base experience of 2k+, cant remember the damage, have 3 ace tankers in a row in it, playing the game since beta and never clicked with a tank like this, except the old kv1 pre kv2 split.. opness

• Advertisement

The mission requires for the Obj. 260 are out and to be honest they make getting the season 3 CW tank look easier... As a side note you either need to meet all 5 OR achieve 4 with the secondary mission (listed in () ):
    - LT: deal 8000 spotting damage (secondary: get 5 spotting kills)
    - HT: accumulate 20000 damage – either dealt yourself, or blocked by your armor, they add up (secondary: survive and win)
    - MT: destroy 3+ enemy TD’s, that are at least one tier higher than you (secondary: survive, win and deal 3k+ damage)
    - TD: deal 10000+ damage (secondary: destroy 5+ enemy tanks)
    - Arty: be on first place in XP and damage dealt (secondary: survive)
    Oh and did I mention it's in ONE single flipping game? Nothing cumulative or anything like it (yes you have 6 months to achieve that but how many games have you dealt 10k damage in a TD or dished out + tanked 20k damage in randoms?)...

Those requirements will have to be toned down. The kind of games required to meet those thresholds are the kind that streamers and Youtube commentators would cease upon as subject matter. As it stands they just scream out for rigging of matches.

FTR 23/11 wrote:
    - developers will ban (forcibly disable) the mod, that shows what type of shell hits your tank (gold/credit). The reason for the ban is that the same mod not only tells you the type of the shell, but also who is shooting at you.
    In one way it will be nice to see less complaints about gold shells (not that they will stop anyway...) but I'll miss seeing who's shooting gold (and hence is a priority target to kill).

Can someone please explain the point of going with gold ammo in a tier 8 premium tank? I'm not talking about pulling out the gold shells because you're up against a Maus kind of scenario but as default ammo against other tier 8s. I've had both Löwe's and T34s go with gold against my Löwe and T34 and neither needs gold for penetration in those fights (as I proved to them!).

It's either completely self defeating in terms of credits or someone's really desperate to ensure a crew gets trained.

Some more mission information; they have tuned them down slightly but they are still far from easy and the medium tank for Obj. 260 will be way to much chance for my taste (i.e. can you kill steal 3 TDs).
    Hello everyone,

this info comes from a Russian video and is based on official info by Wargaming, so it’s very likely correct (unless they change something).

Using individual missions, you will be able to get 4 vehicles in this order: StuG IV, T28 Concept, T55A, Object 260 (it’s not possible to skip straight to Object 260).

As announced earlier, missions are split into 5 branches for each class, 15 missions each. You have to complete 4 out of 5 for each tank (eg. 60 missions for each tank), one branch of your choosing you can skip. Apart from fulfilling the objectives, you also get some reward for each mission (credits and such).

Examples of missions:

First mission for MT branch:
    StuG IV: win and deal damage, be in top 10 in XP
    T28C: win and deal damage, be in top 5 in XP
    T55A: win and deal damage, be in top 3 in XP
    Obj260: win and deal damage, be the first in XP

Tenth mission for MT branch:
    StuG IV: shoot 6 rounds that deal damage
    T28C: shoot 9 rounds that deal damage
    T55A: shoot 12 rounds that deal damage
    Obj260: shoot 15 rounds that deal damage

Final mission for MT branch:
    StuG IV: destroy two enemy TD’s
    T28C: destroy three enemy TD’s
    T55A: destroy two enemy TD’s that are at least one tier higher than you
    Obj260: destroy three enemy TD’s that are at least one tier higher than you

Final Object 260 mission for all branches:
    MT: destroy three enemy TD’s that are one tier higher than you
    LT: deal 6000 spotting damage
    HT: accumulate 14000 damage – either dealt yourself, or blocked by your armor, they add up
    TD: deal 8000 damage
    Arty: be first in XP and damage in battle

Some of them vary from the trivial, if not unavoidable, to those that are still very luck dependant.

spear what program you using.

i tried fraps, then converted to avi or whatever, when i watch my replay back the tank stutters sometimes...

spear what program you using.

i tried fraps, then converted to avi or whatever, when i watch my replay back the tank stutters sometimes...

I use nVidia's integrated ShadowPlay. It gives vastly better performance than Fraps, with a minimal hit to FPS. There can still be a small hitching in playback still but that's down to the WoT client.

• Advertisement

im using an r9 270x, wonder have amd something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Got myself a Churchill III at fifty percent discount even though I can't play due to a horrible connection.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Got myself a Churchill III at fifty percent discount even though I can't play due to a horrible connection.

Internet connections aside, you won't regret it. It's repeatedly regarded as one of the best tier5 premiums. The rapid firing gun simply minces anything lower. You will struggle against opposing heavies, so either target weakspots up close, or always flank. My highest ever scoring match to this day is still one in a Churchill 3.

had it, sold it, thought it was garbage. low pen = every kv you meet will tear you apart unless you fire gold, which kinda defeats the purpose unless its primarily a crew trainer. its slow, any half decent player knows its weak spots

wasnt for me. "that shot bounced"

wasnt for me. "that shot bounced"
    That's when you put in the Duke Voice Mod instead; even if you bounce you sound like a bad ass doing it :D

On a separate note how no one told me about this mod before is an outrage but it will make playing arty a heck of a lot better by the looks of it (7k to go to unlock the final Batchat arty and then 40k to retrain the crew once sent over). It may even make me consider starting up the UK arty line (see no reason for the German line except for completion purposes)...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

On a separate note how no one told me about this mod before is an outrage but it will make playing arty a heck of a lot better by the looks of it ......

Just saw that FTR post myself

Only had one chance to try it last night and it was Himmelsdorf but at least there it had some pathing issues with aiming (i.e. even minor movements moved it great distances and zoomed in/out) but it may partly be due to the houses throwing it off.

duke voicemod sounds good actually!!!

played arty to tier 7 in frnech, tier 9 in german and tier 9 in russian.

i absolutly despise arty now, they ruin so many of my games "dont sit still" - i play mediums in 90% of my games and still they can hit me on the move or zig zagging.. and dont get me started on them shotgunning people within about 100 metres.. ranting here!

the uk arty can hit you behind a building ffs, ridiculous!

duke voicemod sounds good actually!!!
    Duke's always good :P
    played arty to tier 7 in frnech, tier 9 in german and tier 9 in russian.

i absolutly despise arty now, they ruin so many of my games "dont sit still" - i play mediums in 90% of my games and still they can hit me on the move or zig zagging.. and dont get me started on them shotgunning people within about 100 metres.. ranting here!
    I'd guess I have around 25 to 50% chance to hit a medium/light doing "zig zaggin" inc. once they disappear for a few seconds (talking the tier 9 French arty so accurate but not 261 accurate). To be honest it's quite easy to do because the "zig zagging" is so repetitive that you can easily guesstimate the shot accurately. If you want to give arties fits do random stops, go backwards for 10m, do 90 degree turns for 20m, slowing down rather than going full speed all the time etc. That makes me miss a heck of a lot more shots and make you rage (esp. if they start moving just as you fire)!
    the uk arty can hit you behind a building ffs, ridiculous!
    Yea but it's also going to be sitting almost in the front line of the heavy push doing it :P

• Advertisement

Some chatter that the T34-85M isn't the earnable tank around Christmas, and that it instead is perhaps the WZ-111. Not the most fun tank perhaps, but a tier 8 is more valuable than a tier 6 if nothing else.

Advertisement