Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No man can eat 50 eggs...

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

How to turn this
    8eqzh_thumb.jpg

into this:

0b9m1_thumb.jpg

I've tried to cook sweet potato chips a few times but they've always turned out far too soggy and ended up in the bin. Think I might have been using way too much oil. So 10g of oil, and not 40/50g. One more try today!

Cut them slightly smaller and give them another few mins if you want them really crispy, I sometimes almost burn them and they shrivel up into crunchy sweet sticks, they are class.

Make sure you have enough space between them on the tray, use two trays and swap them half way if you are making industrial quantities

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Putting them on a grid-type rack like you'd use after baking lets the heat in and around them as well and helps prevent The Sog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Woops, forgot where I was...

• Advertisement

Power workout was savage yesterday

A1 3x3 Squat 112.5kg
    A2 3x5+ Calf Raise 72.5kg
    B1 3x5 Bench 61kg
    B2 3x5+ Row 62.5kg
    C1 3x5 Incline Bench 51kg
    C2 3x5 Weighted Chins 8.75kg
    D 3x5 Front Squat 80kg PR
    E1 3x5 Shoulder Press 18kg
    E2 3x8+ Rear Laterals 12.5kg
    F1 3x5 Barbell Curl 33.5kg
    F2 3x5 Close Grip Bench 56kg

Did lots of warmup sets on the squat and squatting felt better and easier than last week, finished up with 8 reps of 80kg paused for really drilling home technique. Big token PR on Front Squats, hadn't done them "heavy" in ages. The pushing is pretty piss poor but it was always my weak point and cutting doesnt help.

Today I got in some foam rolling and a ~30k cycle for some light cardio

Probably another 8 weeks till I get to where I want to be but I'm "getting there"

emorr_thumb.jpg

At that point the plan is to reverse diet, reintroduce calories on a weekly basis until I find my maintenance, then eat in a very slight surplus and just focus on getting strong for 6 months

Video below is kind of a "week in the life of UD 2.0" it includes mostly carb load footage, some nice meal / shopping ideas, the pinnacle of chicken burger technology and some general thoughts.

Barbecue pulled pork

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Nice workout, fella. It is a LOT of work. Kudos.

Get out of my head.

I wanted to know how to make sweet potato fries and you made a video.

I wanted to know how to make decent protein pancakes, and you made another video.

I'll be trying the pancakes (sans cinnamon) in the morning so I'll report back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

conzy wrote: »
    emorr_thumb.jpg

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg
    gvn wrote: »
    Get out of my head.

Ah lads here.

:pac:

Bike took more out of me that I thought, couldn't get out of the scratcher this morning so had to do the depletion workout after work

made a concious effort to slow down the reps to spend more time under tension. Also swapped out bench for machine chest press because it was only a matter of time before I broke myself

Two rounds of:

3 x 20 Leg Press pin 11
    3 x 15 Hamstring Curl pin 5 +5kg
    3 x 20 Chest Press 50kg
    3 x 15 Pendlay Row 52.5kg
    3 x 15 Lat Raise 9kg
    3 x 15 Calf Raise pin 6
    3 x 15 Barbell curl 22.5kg
    3 x 15 Tricep pushdown 60 +5kg

Followed by 20 mins of crosstrainer

qdzoa_thumb.jpg

total workout ~2:15

Breakfast and lunch

m9ep6_thumb.jpg2ctt5_thumb.jpg

Will do the other depletion workout tomorrow PM because theres no way I can do it twice in 12 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

your videos are top notch, even the intro music is good. keep doing what you're doing brother

jive wrote: »
    your videos are top notch, even the intro music is good. keep doing what you're doing brother

Thanks man, appreciate it!

So yesterday evening was the second depletion workout of the week, gym is busy which makes supersetting nearly impossible and I was tired after a days work so just generally a miserable experience and took forever. Will definitely be doing them in the morning fuelled by coffee and monster..

Tuesday

Usual warmup

ATG pistol squats on a step
    2 sets of 6 each side with 3kg dumbbells

Two rounds of:

3 x 20 Leg Press 107.5kg more reps and weight FML
    3 x 15 Hamstring Curl pin 5 + 5kg
    3 x 15 incline bench 37.5kg
    3 x 15 Lat pulldown 60kg
    3 x 15 Calf Raise 65kg
    3 x 20 Lat Raise 8kg
    3 x 15 Dumbell Preacher Curl 8kg
    3 x 20 Tricep Pushdown EZ bar 70

My left elbow is in bits from all the volume, ez bar style pushdown helps.

Wednesday

Cardio

50 mins crosstrainer @ 120-130bpm

zzizn_thumb.jpg

Cooked this batch of bolognaise for the week which has made lunches handy

1f9wj_thumb.jpg

"spaghetti" bolognaise.. Have to use your imagination :( This has definitely been the most mentally taxing week, the evening depletion workouts really fooked me up

Atleast my Quest Bars have arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

At least my Quest Bars have arrived!

Where do ya get your Q Bars Conzy and how much? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,071 ✭✭✭COH

I've eaten almost 5 boxes in the past week...

#LeanGainz

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Where do ya get your Q Bars Conzy and how much? Tks

There was a deal on http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/ posted on the main forum so I snapped them up. Think the offer is over
    COH wrote: »
    I've eaten almost 5 boxes in the past week...

#LeanGainz

#poopGainz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Conzy, I made your little Jelly surprise thingy yesterday - and it was great! Had it with Greek yogurt and a few blueberries... Just wondering what Jelly you use, I used this one from Lidl

http://www.lidl.ie/en/4316.htm?action=showDetail&id=10630

Usually use the hartley's stuff, its about 95c in Dunnes for two sachets

943%5C5000354160943%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

I picked up some of the lidl stuff I'll try it out next week

Weighed in at 73.25kg this morning :)

Cardio - 40 mins cross trainer going through the motions

ldkbn_thumb.jpg

Something something functional training, red band can also be used to stop bolognaise spilling in your gym bag

oeuak_thumb.jpg

Today was "spinach" bolognaise btw... also pictured is a pre made sugar free jelly, handy 10 calorie snack, expensive though @ €1 ish

71fpl_thumb.jpg

had my flapjack bar about 20 mins before evening resistance training and was flying it after it

warm up sets on everything worked up to:

2x8 leg press 140kg
    3x8 hamstring curl pin 7+5kg plate
    3x8 leg extension 70kg
    2x8 RDL 95kg
    3x8 calf raise pin9
    3x8 bench 52.5kg
    3x8 seated row pin 8
    3x10 chins purple band
    3x12 lat raise 12.5kg
    3x8 barbell curl 32.5kg
    3x8 tricep pushdown 80+5kg

had my post workout dextrose / whey. You can feel the rise in blood sugar, its interesting. then made fried rice / veg and these 1000 calorie pancakes with more dextrose and honey / blueberries / banana / yogurt.

b0t19_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow is another portion of fried rice / veg. 3 bowls of rice krispies, 4 gluten free baps with turkey / cream cheese, 250g pasta with pasta sauce and veg, skim milk, banana

Another great session today even though I finished up my carb load lastnight with about 5 pints of Guinness.

A1 3x3 Squat 115kg
    Squatting is feeling good, did lots of warming up, 5x20,5x20,5x40,5x60,3x80,3x100. So that 3 sets of 3 @ 1.5x bodyweight :)
    A2 3x5 Calf Raise 75kg
    B1 3x5 Bench 62.5kg
    Got 5 reps, 5 reps, 4 reps.. ffs :/ Did another 3 for punishment
    B2 3x5+ Row 65kg
    C1 3x5 Incline Bench 52.5kg
    Enjoying incline benching now, progressing nicely at it

C2 3x5 Weighted Chins 10kg
    Got 5 reps, 5 reps, 3 reps, then did 5 bodyweight

D 3x5 Front Squat 85kg
    Did lots of warming up, 5x20,5x40,5x60 and some stretching / work on my clean grip

E1 3x5 Shoulder Press 20kg
    E2 3x6 Rear Laterals 15kg
    F1 3x5 Barbell Curl 35kg
    F2 3x5 Close Grip Bench 57.5kg

Feels like my close grip bench / incline bench are going to pass out my flat bench, Im just brutal at flat bench, close grip feels solid.

I'm very happy, losing weight weekdays and getting stronger on the weekends. Win win, lets see how long it lasts

bacon and egg bap for breakfast, homemade chicken burgers for dinner

I don't know how anyone could like incline benching.

Well, with the bar. It's fine with DBs :)

Quality session. It's great when you hit those multi-rep sets that used to be a 1RM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was inspired again by your jelly thingy so I found a pack of strawberry hartleys in the press and stuck a scoop of strawberry protein in the mix as well. Fingers crossed! The internet said it should work. Then a layer of the greek yogurt on top like you said - great idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Inspired by your log I read the Ultimate diet 2.0 PDF lastnight. I was doing something vaguely similar a few months ago, eating low carb and having a refeed day every time my morning weight was down a pound. Gonna try a slightly modified version as I don't think I would enjoy doing the prescribed workouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What's the story with Quest bars during the depletion stage. The bars have 21g of carbs but 17g of this is fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

bluewolf wrote: »
    I was inspired again by your jelly thingy so I found a pack of strawberry hartleys in the press and stuck a scoop of strawberry protein in the mix as well. Fingers crossed! The internet said it should work. Then a layer of the greek yogurt on top like you said - great idea

A protein that I'd say would work very well in jelly would be

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=205&product_id=1986

Apart from being a bit foamy it's like your average diluted juice drink nothing like the texture or taste of whey or casein based protein drinks.

@ conzy great work lad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That sounds like a good idea thanks!
    the protein jelly I tried did turn out well also particularly with the liberte yogurt

JJayoo wrote: »
    What's the story with Quest bars during the depletion stage. The bars have 21g of carbs but 17g of this is fibre.

Quest bars are fine, you only need to count net carbs. I dont go crazy subtracting the fiber cals.

On my low calorie days I typically hit :

1200-1300 cals
    30-35g of fat
    60-70g carbs (30g of fiber so 30-40g of net carbs)
    160-175g of protein

Had a mental weekend, going away party for my friend going to Oz so saturday 9pm to Sunday 9pm was written off, pints, full irish, pizza, the works. But life happens sometimes. I got back in the saddle yesterday morning, did my depletion workout in the afternoon and diet adherence was perfect.

Monday Week 4 - Depletion 1

Two rounds of:

3 x 20 Leg Press pin 11+5kg
    3 x 20 Hamstring Curl pin 5 +5kg
    3 x 20 Chest Press 32.5kg (more volume less weight working better here)
    3 x 15 Pendlay Row 53.5kg
    3 x 20 Lat Raise 9kg
    3 x 15 Calf Raise Pin 7
    3 x 15 barbell Curl 23.5kg
    3 x 20 Tricep Pushdown 70lbs

Got some good content recorded last week just need to finish editing so the week 3 log will be up this evening, heading to the gym now to do the second depletion workout.

Tuesday Week 4 - Depletion 2

Usual warmup / stretching

Two Rounds of:

3 x 20 Leg Press pin 110kg
    3 x 20 Hamstring Curl pin 5 +5kg
    3 x 15 Incline Bench 38.5kg
    3 x 15 Lat Pulldown 62.5kg
    3 x 15 Lat Raise 10kg
    3 x 15 Calf Raise 50kg
    3 x 15 Dumbbell Preacher Curl 9kg
    3 x 20 Tricep Pushdown 70lbs

10 minutes med-high intensity ~150bpm crosstrainer

IMG_20140826_180039.jpg

Week 3 Overview

Bit of a monster video, lots of meal ideas, I hit the "UD2 wall", some more general UD2 commentary / analysis, Quest bars, I lose more weight, make progress in the strength workout, a euphoric sugar rush, a rice cooker, "football special" soft drink, thousand calorie pancake stack, more chicken burger domination

I presume there was a laughing PR when your housemate asked if you were cooking for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Is it wrong that I'm excited for my husband to take the kids out for the afternoon so I can watch your video in peace. What has become of my life? I could be catching up on sleep or hitting the gin.....

Tuesday Week 4 - Depletion 2

Week 3 Overview

Bit of a monster video, lots of meal ideas, I hit the "UD2 wall", some more general UD2 commentary / analysis, Quest bars, I lose more weight, make progress in the strength workout, a euphoric sugar rush, a rice cooker, "football special" soft drink, thousand calorie pancake stack, more chicken burger domination

New word:

'Dexcitement'

noun - the excitement at the thought of consuming the post-workout shake on a Thursday

(assuming that that's the one with the dextrose)

• Advertisement

New word:

'Dexcitement'

noun - the excitement at the thought of consuming the post-workout shake on a Thursday

(assuming that that's the one with the dextrose)

Watching the video back I did seem overly happy.. I was high on sugar in that clip! it was indeed the dextrose shake

Wednesday Cardio

50 mins light-medium intensity crosstrainer

IMG_20140827_201628.jpg

ignore the heart rate, must have been someone doing sprints in the vicinity with a polar Heart Rate Monitor...

Kind of a mixed bag for lunch, scrambled eggs (1 yolk 6 whites), sliced turkey, one slice gluten free bread, some turkey mince / veg thing

IMG_20140827_134144.jpg

Gonna get the ole bodyfat tested with COH tomorrow AM, followed by more cardio. Then the tension workout / carbload tomorrow evening. dat dexcitement

Advertisement