Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No man can eat 50 eggs...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

conzy wrote: »
    They look class, dem macros though.. I'll save that recipe for when I can fit in more cals!

I wonder could you sneak some whey protein into that recipe without ruining it...

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Usual Warmup
    Glute and Hip Abductor Stretching

A - Deadlift
    10 x 20kg RDL for loosening up
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 80kg
    5 x 100kg
    5 x 120kg
    5 x 137.5kg
    5 x 137.5kg
    6 x 137.5kg

2h4rb_thumb.jpg
    Happy with the deadlifting today, trying to get back in the groove, I'm just a bit psyched out by them these days, 6 x 137.5 means my theoretical 1rm has not dropped over the last 5 weeks of cutting

B - Front Squat @ 30x0
    8 x 20kg
    8 x 40kg
    8 x 50kg
    5 sets of 8 x 65kg

C1 - Trap Bar Deadlift @ 40x0
    3 sets of 6 x 105kg

C2 - Goblet Squats @ 30x0
    3 sets of 12 x 28kg

C3 - Leg Extension
    3 sets of 25 x 35kg

Cardio

20 mins crosstrainer @130-140bpm

6ntkv_thumb.jpg

Something healthy, pork medallions and chicken with mexican veg

vteai_thumb.jpg

Something not as healthy but #yolo I was off sick yesterday with a migraine and I learned that I cannot be left alone in a house with a sliced pan. Broke my gluten free streak, time to get back on the wagon, did multiple sets of 3-4 reps with the toaster :pac:

7u8pg_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Even your bread fest is well turned out.

When's Masterchef back on...? :pac:

Got back to KK late lastnight and was starving but only had about 400cals to play with. Raided the fridge and managed to make a massive bowl of chicken salad. 200g chicken, bag of spinach, cucumber, tomato, egg white, light mayo and cajun dressing

u3p7t_thumb.jpgorzs6_thumb.jpg

Banana for scale. Which I couldn't eat because it didnt fit my macros :D

A - Overhead Press
    10 x 20kg
    10 x 20kg
    8 x 25kg
    8 x 32.5kg
    5 x 42.5kg max
    5 x 42.5kg max
    8 x 35kg

B - Seated Row @ 30x0
    5 sets of 45kg, not in raw so used a strict seated row machine

C1 - Push Press @ 40x0
    6 x 45kg
    6 x 45kg
    6 x 45kg

C2 - Pendlay Row @ 30x0
    12 x 60kg
    12 x 60kg
    12 x 60kg

C3 - Band Pull Aparts
    30 x red band
    30 x red band
    30 x red band

Destroyed that whole C circuit!

D - Concept 2 Intervals
    8 sets of 150 metres, 30 seconds rest

zeb7e_thumb.jpg

Fired up the BBQ

6no91_thumb.jpggid0a_thumb.jpg

Getting leaner :pac:

I had 250g chicken, 250g pork, 250g scrambled egg and some salad

ka9zf_thumb.jpg

Also made chocolate protein pancakes with chocolate chips

2c99z_thumb.jpg

So I started a YouTube channel.. Not sure if anyone will be interested in it but I'll throw it here for the craic. Will be mostly recipes / full day of eating videos. Will probably get some training videos up eventually and I plan to log my experience with Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0 also

Full Day of Eating 1

• Advertisement

Testing with COH thursday morning can't wait! Also spending a lot of time planning workouts / meals for Ultimate Diet 2.0 starting Monday. Resting up this week going to do some mobility and stretching tomorrow

Typical Healthy Shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Do you eat salmon? Aldi have some really nice smoked salmon with different flavours (Pesto, peppered, and basil).

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Can I ask why you use the normal peanut butter? My brother brought me over a tub of Meridian peanut butter because he saw I had the normal one in the press and said it was crap. Didn't have time to question him on it at the time. Looking forward to watching your videos, thanks for taking the time to post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Do you eat salmon? Aldi have some really nice smoked salmon with different flavours (Pesto, peppered, and basil).

The aldi salmon is actually great and so easy for quick lunches , bitta salad , boom!

Not a huge seafood fan, I used to eat a lot of tuna and salmon to the point where I got fed up of them, enough time has passed I think so I'll check those out!
    ninamc wrote: »
    Can I ask why you use the normal peanut butter? My brother brought me over a tub of Meridian peanut butter because he saw I had the normal one in the press and said it was crap. Didn't have time to question him on it at the time. Looking forward to watching your videos, thanks for taking the time to post them.

The lidl peanut butter is "good enough" there are definitely better brands like meridian but it has the highest peanut content of any supermarket peanut butters i've seen (95%) and its cheap. And i think its one of the nicest. I wasn't a peanut butter fan before I did that bulk so maybe the lidl one is a good gateway peanut butter :pac: Again its one of those things that wont make or break a diet

• Advertisement

The lidl peanut butter is "good enough" there are definitely better brands like meridian but it has the highest peanut content of any supermarket peanut butters i've seen (95%) and its cheap. And i think its one of the nicest. I wasn't a peanut butter fan before I did that bulk so maybe the lidl one is a good gateway peanut butter :pac: Again its one of those things that wont make or break a diet

Ever try The Hopsack's own peanut butter?

I have not, I heard its legendary. I don't get to eat much peanut butter these days so cost isn't really an issue. I should splash out

I have not, I heard its legendary. I don't get to eat much peanut butter these days so cost isn't really an issue. I should splash out

It's something like €2.95 for 250g or 295g so it's not ridiculous by any stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Where you get this Alf? Never even 'eard of it, Mate... dunno why I went all cockney there...

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Where you get this Alf? Never even 'eard of it, Mate... dunno why I went all cockney there...

They are in Rathmines I believe

https://www.facebook.com/thehopsack

oh my damn look at it

10409630_10152250990525885_8756966343666841306_n.jpg

Swan Centre in Rathmines. It's on the right, opposite White Pepper Cafe as you up towards Dunnes, if you go in the entrance closest the Omniplex on the Lwr Rathmines Rd.

Two words: NOM NOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

The stuff I get from The Protein Works is 100% peanuts , nothing added , it's freaking delicious.
    works out to be €1.98 for 250g (ex shipping)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I can't stand the meridian one, I stick with the lovely processed Panda brand one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭COH

I walked into The Hopsack earlier this year with a bucket and asked the girl behind the counter to fill it with peanut butter...

Her reply: 'Oh, I've heard about you'.

True story.

Tested today!

In this video you can watch me watching me train. training inception

TLDR

130kg squat
    167.5kg DL
    70kg bench

Happy enough but daaamn that bench

• Advertisement

Tested today!

In this video you can watch me watching me train. training inception

TLDR

130kg squat
    167.5kg DL
    70kg bench

Happy enough but daaamn that bench

Good work, man!

Avocados are on the Aldi Super 6 this week. 39c for 2. Knock yourself out with your Russian Roulette :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I bet Colombo could eat 50 eggs.

The importance of progress photos.. i was feeling a bit disheartened because after all my bulking / cutting im the same weight I was this time last year. But just went back through some old photos and I appear to have made some back / arse and leg gains

75kg vs 75kg

t8ybs.jpg

Take photos guys!

A world of difference. Credit!!

That's very impressive, in an "admiring your hard work" kind of way rather than "a nasty cougar" kind of way :)
    The importance of progress photos.. i was feeling a bit disheartened because after all my bulking / cutting im the same weight I was this time last year. But just went back through some old photos and I appear to have made some back / arse and leg gains

75kg vs 75kg

Take photos guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Funny that, I tend to buy nicer jocks when I'm in better shape too... must be a confidence/self-worth thing, who knows?! :D :pac:

Funny that, I tend to buy nicer jocks when I'm in better shape too... must be a confidence/self-worth thing, who knows?! :D :pac:

Lonsdale, Because I'm worth it? :pac:
    I'm just glad I wasn't wearing the same jocks in both photos!

The only muscles I flexed over the weekend were my video editing skillz

Ultimate Diet 2.0 starts tomorrow. Going to video log each day for the first week, its a very interesting diet but theres not a huge amount of info out there so the log should be a useful resource

Depletion workout and 1250 calories for the day tomorrow.

180g protein
    55g carbs
    35g fat

Depletion workout and 1250 calories for the day tomorrow.

180g protein
    55g carbs
    35g fat

Oof!

I don't doubt you'll make it look easy with some high qual-low cal food.

Love that broccoli-cauliflower combo. I hoover that sh*t up.

• Advertisement

Day 1 of Ultimate Diet. Great Craic

3x15 leg Press
    3x15 leg curl
    3x15 bench
    3x15 pendlay row
    3x15 lat raise
    3x15 calf raise
    3x15 barbell curls
    3x15 tricep pressdown

The above circuit twice!