Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No man can eat 50 eggs...

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Lots of training since. Same squat workout as last week but +5kg on the back squats and +2.5kg on the front and split squats. Sickening workout :)

Heres the 8th set of back squats

Doing lots of volume across the board. Medium term goal is to do above squat workout pain free with 100kg

Bro Day A
    Bench
    52.5kg 4 sets of 12

Dumbbell Press
    20s 16,13,13,12

Incline Flys
    Lat Pulldown
    Tricep Pressdown
    Lat Raise

Really like the lat raise, I've started doing a pyramid type setup
    15s x 12
    12.5s x 15
    10s x 20

dat pump

Then lower day 2

I was doing rack pulls for ages worked up to 100kg for sets of 12. I swapped to RDLs yesterday

RDLs
    60kg 4 sets of 12 slow tempo
    Leg Extensions
    Inverted Row
    Abz
    Breathing Pause Squats 50kg 3 sets of 10 deep breaths in the hole

I was supposed to do GHR but my hamstrings were dead.

Today I have to do bro day 2 which is about 20 sets

CGBP
    Reverse FLys
    Seated OHP
    Curlz
    Rows
    Cuban Press
    Abs

Current weight 84.5kg

Trained after work yesterday, George's Street Flyefit was a nightmare

Had to incline bench instead of flat bench :/ 5 sets of 8 @40kg

Dumbbell Press
    22.5s x 12,9,9
    17.5s x 10

Incline Flys
    7.5s x 15,15,15

Lat Pulldown
    70lbs slow and paused 12,12,12,12

Tricep Extension
    pin4 25,21,16

Lat Raise
    12.5s x 20,20,16
    7.5s x 20

Tricep Extensions
    5kg x till failure

Beast of a session today. Did the Chris Duffin Squat warmup so took me a while to get through that the first time, hat tip to COH for recommending that. Also did some of my usual knee adductor rolling / frog stretching

Back Squat @ 41x0
    Worked up to 85kg then 8 sets of 3

Front Squat
    55kg 2 sets of 15

Split Squats (barbell)
    55kg 3 sets of 8 each leg

Chins
    8 sets of 3 bodyweight
    3 sets of 6 assisted

Split squats are a bástard. Session took ages and I drenched a hand towel in sweat. Fairly hot in the gym.

Todays eating is / was

500g of yogurt with grapes
    Apple lattice pastry
    banana
    40g of whey and 30g of dextrose
    250g cooked rice with 150g chicken and sweet and sour + extra pineapple / onion / red pepper
    Apple lattice pastry again
    80g whey + 250ml milk + frozen banana + 50g peanut butter
    Another Dinner TBD
    Snickers

Not sure of the calories not counting the last few months its north of 3000 anyway, enough to keep the scales moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

conzy wrote: »
    Beast of a session today. Did the Chris Duffin Squat warmup so took me a while to get through that the first time

Really liked that. Particularly that last one on the single leg. Really felt that one work.

Close Grip Bench
    Worked up to 52.5kg x 15,15,14,12 + 20 reps with slingshot

Reverse Fly
    8s x 20,20,20,20

Seated DB OHP
    17.5s x 12,12,11

Hammer Curls strict
    10s x 13/13,13/13,13/13

Chest Supported Row with DBs
    17.5s x 15,15,15,15

Seated Dumbbell Power Clean
    10s x 17,17,17

Planks
    max x 3

Bumped into WHIP IT, didn't really hear him but he either side I'm obese or a beast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Close Grip Bench
    Worked up to 52.5kg x 15,15,14,12 + 20 reps with slingshot

Reverse Fly
    8s x 20,20,20,20

Seated DB OHP
    17.5s x 12,12,11

Hammer Curls strict
    10s x 13/13,13/13,13/13

Chest Supported Row with DBs
    17.5s x 15,15,15,15

Seated Dumbbell Power Clean
    10s x 17,17,17

Planks
    max x 3

Bumped into WHIP IT, didn't really hear him but he either side I'm obese or a beast

I'm pretty sure I said "Scuse me, Fatso!"

I'm alive. Barely on Boards anymore. Lost 10kg and made some gains over the past 6 months.

Bodyweight is 77.7kg

Some testing this morning all big PRs.

Bench 85kg (Think thats my first ever > bodyweight bench :D )
    Front Squat 115kg (10kg PR)
    Weighted Chins bw +30kg (20kg PR)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNp4Fn9jey0

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN9KQ2VBWdq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I'm alive. Barely on Boards anymore. Lost 10kg and made some gains over the past 6 months.

How?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

WHIP IT! wrote: »

How?? :eek:

Monster Poo

Could well have been a lot of poo.

Just ate about 1800-2000 calories most days and got 180g of protein in. I then periodised my nutrition by having one slobbery night out involving lots of guinness or gin once a week :D

I just had a lot of weight to lose by being careless and getting way too fat on my last "bulk" I have an "ab" now but probably need to lose another 4-5kg to have "abs" plural. Which would be a bit sad to be back in the low 70kgs after all this training but I would be leaner and stronger than ever I suppose.

Delayed gratification and all that. I think following a lot of powerlifters and elite athletes skews what is an attainable lean bodyweight. Guys like OmarIsuf, Ben Carpenter, Joe Delaney who are absolutely jacked are only in the high 70kgs very low 80s tops. So yeah... coming in the year 2020 a reasonably lean 80kg conzy? Who knows

• Advertisement

Serious gains, yo.

Managed to squeeze in about 6 training sessions over the Christmas and have only gained 1kg or so of bloat so far. Thats a PR

Starting a new job in Kitman Labs on January 9th and I'll go back in a deficit that day also to officially end the Christmas season. I'm hoping to get jacked by osmosis working there

Managed to squeeze in about 6 training sessions over the Christmas and have only gained 1kg or so of bloat so far. Thats a PR

Starting a new job in Kitman Labs on January 9th and I'll go back in a deficit that day also to officially end the Christmas season. I'm hoping to get jacked by osmosis working there

Sweet gig. Mind if I ask the kind of work it'll involve?

Infrastructure Engineer, I'll be looking after the backend infrastructure that powers the apps and the websites etc. Similar to my previous role at TheJournal but a fresh start on an exciting product

Infrastructure Engineer, I'll be looking after the backend infrastructure that powers the apps and the websites etc. Similar to my previous role at TheJournal but a fresh start on an exciting product

That's deadly! It looks like the kind of job where you'd have a lot of interest in the end product...or at least more than you'd have doing similar work elsewhere! Nice one.

Advertisement