Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I have one of those Farecla mitts. Picked it up because I'm forever dropping regular clay bar. Very easy to use and from what I can tell does as good a job as the regular clay bars I have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

I presume its used with a lubricant like regular clay?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Im guessing, you'll go over the car much quicker with a product like that. Looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

With the Halfords 3for2 on cleaning items, what would you recommend picking up if I have absolutely nothing to clean cars? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

marko93 wrote: »
    With the Halfords 3for2 on cleaning items, what would you recommend picking up if I have absolutely nothing to clean cars? :D

PH neutral shampoo
    good wash mitt
    Drying towel

But also get hands on couple buckets and grit guards and maybe a wax/sealant with suitable applicator and Microfiber buff towels. Should be good enough for your basic needs and little storage.

If you want to go further you can start looking at likes of :

fall out remover
    tar and glue remover
    clay bar
    polish
    DA machine
    Pads for above

I could go on here but I fear list will never end :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Technique

Had to replace the rear brake pads last week. The worn pads seem to have contaminated one of the wheels. I've tried Wonder Wheels, but it won't shift.

Would something like Iron-X clean this?

wnLqEFb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A wheel refurb is the only way to fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

It would be worth trying Iron X, It probably would help but as said above, A wheel refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I've taken similar off with petrol and a cloth. Painstsking and slow, but most of it came off. Not perfect, but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Anybody ever heard of, or used Nanoway products? Www.nanoway.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

What is the best way to remove a bit of paint transfer? I've just noticed this morning that someone must have opened a door against the rear passenger door of my car and has left some white/green paint on the painted moulding. I don't think it has marked my car other than the paint that's left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Polishing it will remove paint transfer. Hand polish should do the trick if it's not too bad.

Can anyone comment on whether or not this would be worth picking up, and if it's good/bad value for money? (for highlighting swirls etc. for machine polishing?)

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/luxform-230v-working-light-jupiter-2x500w-on-tripod/15923/4.19.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Have something similar myself in my garage for detailing. Ideally i suppose we should be looking at purchasing sun guns but they are stupid money and i only do my own car and those of a few friends and work colleagues. I find the stand alone light pretty good for highlighting defects as long as you position it correctly.

Yeah, those halogen Tripods are very handy to have. They do a very good job of show up most, not all, of the defects that can occur in paintwork. Certainly better to have one, than none, in a place that has average lighting, and not many places indoors will have light shining directly on the side panels.

On a side note, a reasonable sun gun can be created from a cordless screwdriver, with not a whole lot of modification. Cheap Sun Gun

Nilfisk nozzle heads, where can I pick them up?

You mean at the very tip of the lance, where you can change the spray from a jet to a cone, etc?

Ya. Mine are gone to crap, not allowing the water out in as much pressure as they used to, damaged in someway.

There's a company called Serlex in Swords, Dublin that have all different bits and pieces for power washers

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Has anyone else used demon shine products? Usually I stick to chemical guys, 50cal and the likes. I've cleaned a few family members cars which my decent products would be a waste on if I'm honest so I picked up some of this cheap stuff. There foam thing and dirt remover stuff is actually pretty decent. I wouldn't put it on a well looked after car mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Has anyone else used demon shine products? Usually I stick to chemical guys, 50cal and the likes. I've cleaned a few family members cars which my decent products would be a waste on if I'm honest so I picked up some of this cheap stuff. There foam thing and dirt remover stuff is actually pretty decent. I wouldn't put it on a well looked after car mind.

The only thing I use demon shine for is a clay lube.

Why not get a tin of Fusso or a bottle of collinite 845 for their cars?

ShaunieVW wrote: »

I used their foam aswell (well, i bought one of the 5ltr bottles before). I thought it was pretty decent, too, for what it was.

Right I'm gonna place an order on detailing shed later. What I want is a wet look polish (for a black car) that will retain the glossy look, and the iron contaminant remover for wheels.(ironx??). Anything else I need with regards to the polish and sealing it etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Right I'm gonna place an order on detailing shed later. What I want is a wet look polish (for a black car) that will retain the glossy look, and the iron contaminant remover for wheels.(ironx??). Anything else I need with regards to the polish and sealing it etc?

Just in case you don't know there is 17% off today on detailing shed voucher code is paddy.

Don't think it applies to items that are already reduced though.

Washed the car this morning when I was tidying up I'm after noticing the outer part of the hose is cracked not leaking yet.

Its the original that came with my nilfisk c120,I see on eBay there is the original braided hose and then others which look to be made from rubber.

Anybody on here have an aftermarket hose there using are they any good?

A wet look polish?
    Polish is for achieving the shine, as sealant or wax is to enhance the wet look. Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax is a good one to achieve a nice wet but isn't overly durable. But the secret to a wet look is in the preparation. De-tar, de-iron and claying will do wonders.
    IronX is out of stock, but Bilt Hamber Korrosol is a very good option too.

crasy dash wrote: »
    Washed the car this morning when I was tidying up I'm after noticing the outer part of the hose is cracked not leaking yet.

Its the original that came with my nilfisk c120,I see on eBay there is the original braided hose and then others which look to be made from rubber.

Anybody on here have an aftermarket hose there using are they any good?

Again , try Serlex, lined above. Also might be wrth considering a longer hose, which are handy.

Can't get the voucher to work?

Strange its on the face book page did you try all capitals.

I'm sure Curran will get back to you when he reads this

• Advertisement

Ya seen it alright. Nothing in the cart is discounted already. You enter it before you go to the checkout?

Advertisement