Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi got the gear off detailningshed but in my stupidity I selected wrong size pads but will crack on anyway.

I have a Yaris that's had a hard life and it will be getting a rotary at it very soon.

I will take photos and also include what the inside looked like. I am finding it difficult to get a day off without any rain and not well last few days but hope to crack on soon as Yaris is for sale and want to have it looking as best as possible.

I would like to get a Toyota set of 14" hub caps but i am guessing they will be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I would like to get a Toyota set of 14" hub caps but i am guessing they will be expensive.

Breakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Hey people

I'm looking into purchasing a new pressure washer. I'm looking for something mainly to do the car but couple of times a year give the paths around the house a good clean.

I'm thinking about this one. Is it good or bad do you think.
    https://argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4489153/Trail/searchtext%3ENilfisk.htm

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

h3000 wrote: »
    Hey people

I'm looking into purchasing a new pressure washer. I'm looking for something mainly to do the car but couple of times a year give the paths around the house a good clean.

I'm thinking about this one. Is it good or bad do you think.
    https://argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4489153/Trail/searchtext%3ENilfisk.htm

Nothing happening when I click on that link.

I have a vax I got from amazon and it works great.
    Cheap enough too.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-P86-P2-P-Pressure-Washer/dp/B00K6C5YZ8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I washed the car today and have my own method now.

Spray foam (it's not proper foam, it's car shampoo in the Karcher bottle thing but better than nothing and helps soften some of the dirt)
    Then power hose this off
    Wash with mitt and shampoo in bucket (just one :o)
    Rinse each panel with an open hose as I go as I find it much more effective
    Dry with dry me crazy

Works for me:)

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Nothing happening when I click on that link.

I have a vax I got from amazon and it works great.
    Cheap enough too.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-P86-P2-P-Pressure-Washer/dp/B00K6C5YZ8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Thanks I'll have a look.

Try this link. https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4489153/Trail/searchtext%3ENilfisk.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7337207

I've one of those One4All cards that I'm hoping to use so a local Irish shop would be preferable.

Ah.
    Nilfisk, I am not well up on those models but it seems to heve decent specs.

Cant see what motor is in it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Nilfisk's are superb machines. Mine has been very reliable for the past 7 years. I've a C120 model...think it's a 1200w

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Aldil have one on offer next week. https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/mon-28-mar/products-detail-page/ps/p/22kw-pressure-washer-2/
    450 litres/hour flow rate
    150 bar max. pressure
    Integrated 10m hose and reel
    Hose connector system
    Includes Spray Gun with Pressure Adjustment, Rotating Spray Gun and Rotating Cleaning Brush
    5m power cable

Thanks folks, I think I might chance the Nilfisk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I have a Karcher K2 for years. It came with a patio cleaning attachment. For the money I couldn't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I have a nilfisk here for well over a year its used once if not more a week washing the cars or yard at home.

My one is a c120.6 I think for the moneythere very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

*Kol* wrote: »
    It came with a patio cleaning attachment.

Those attachments are great. They kind of work like a rotary polisher...still can't understand why my paintwork is so scratched.:D

Im also using a C120 nilfisk. Mine started randomly spouting water out through the handle (it was obviously a fault or such, as it hadn't gotten any major beatings or anything off me).

I bought mine in DID Electrical. They had it for €99 I think. When I brought it back, to whinge about the problem, they swapped it for a new one (albeit, they did make me wait 2 days). The first one got to 6 months before developing an issue, the replacement one is with me over a year now (2 years I think?) and no issues. I'd reccomend them.

So I just read you're looking into a detailing shed shop, Curran?! I presume regular posters will be entitled to 75% off on the open day if collecting from the store? And a buy 1 get 1 free on all chemical guys products. I presume a buy 2 get 3 free on all clay bars? and a free sandwich toaster with all purchases over €12.50?

Let us know when it's opening. I haven't been on your site in a while. I seen you were doing a deal on paddy's day and was tempted to pull the trigger, but, although there's a few bits I want, I've no storage space at the moment. Was planning to put an order in later this week or early the following week though. Might hold out a tad longer if the opening of the shop means I can haggle you hard on price and put you out of business. Guilt tripping you with sad stories of my only son that died at a young age, in a car cleaning accident. Never getting to live his dream of cleaning cars in the world car cleaning championships. You'll be so busy sobbing uncontrollably you won't even notice me pocketing the air fresheners on the way out the door.

(although i should probably put together a list of what i need, first. knowing my luck I won't even qualify for the sandwich toaster).

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Im also using a C120 nilfisk. Mine started randomly spouting water out through the handle (it was obviously a fault or such, as it hadn't gotten any major beatings or anything off me).

Aye, mines at that at the minute, got a new hose and it hasn't fitted correctly, it's more of a trickle washer rather then a power washer. Just about take the muck off the arches. Think there's a rubber washer or 2 missing, must get it going full blast again.

So I just read you're looking into a detailing shed shop, Curran?! I presume regular posters will be entitled to 75% off on the open day if collecting from the store?

Noon today, is opening day! ;)

Regular posters may be entitled to a discount....but sure you haven't been a regular poster for months! :D
    Drop by some day, I'm sure we can work something out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

So I just read you're looking into a detailing shed shop, Curran?! I presume regular posters will be entitled to 75% off on the open day if collecting from the store? And a buy 1 get 1 free on all chemical guys products. I presume a buy 2 get 3 free on all clay bars? and a free sandwich toaster with all purchases over €12.50?

Let us know when it's opening. I haven't been on your site in a while. I seen you were doing a deal on paddy's day and was tempted to pull the trigger, but, although there's a few bits I want, I've no storage space at the moment. Was planning to put an order in later this week or early the following week though. Might hold out a tad longer if the opening of the shop means I can haggle you hard on price and put you out of business. Guilt tripping you with sad stories of my only son that died at a young age, in a car cleaning accident. Never getting to live his dream of cleaning cars in the world car cleaning championships. You'll be so busy sobbing uncontrollably you won't even notice me pocketing the air fresheners on the way out the door.

(although i should probably put together a list of what i need, first. knowing my luck I won't even qualify for the sandwich toaster).

:D

Did you inject yourself with kerosene and gunpowder before writing that post :confused: :pac:

Aye, mines at that at the minute, got a new hose and it hasn't fitted correctly, it's more of a trickle washer rather then a power washer. Just about take the muck off the arches. Think there's a rubber washer or 2 missing, must get it going full blast again.

If it's within Warranty bring it back. If you bought it in an electrical place (DID, Harvey, etc.) you usually don't need the receipt, as they keep a record of everything you buy on their systems.

DID said they'd have to send it back, could take a few weeks, etc. but then about 2 or 3 days later they rang me saying Nilfisk said not to bother fixing it, and just told DID to give me a new one. Seems pretty decent of them.

Curran wrote: »
    Noon today, is opening day! wink.png

Regular posters may be entitled to a discount....but sure you haven't been a regular poster for months! biggrin.png
    Drop by some day, I'm sure we can work something out!

Ack, shure I'm here all tha time! I just don't post often unless I've something to ask/answer.

As a non-dubliner, can you provide a google maps link to your location? Is this it:

https://www.google.ie/maps/search/unit+8+orion+business+park/@53.4104586,-6.3541706,173m/data=!3m1!1e3

As a non-dubliner, can you provide a google maps link to your location? Is this it:

https://www.google.ie/maps/search/unit+8+orion+business+park/@53.4104586,-6.3541706,173m/data=!3m1!1e3

Aye thats it! Essentially its right were the 'Optimum Performance & Handling' is marked on the map! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That does not look easy to locate and im from D 15 !!

Jesus Ballycoolin is a monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Slattsy wrote: »
    That does not look easy to locate and im from D 15 !!

Jesus Ballycoolin is a monster!

Having walked from discount tyres to elite I agree

I must say Curran you've a nice shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Best of luck with the new shop Curran!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I want to get at least one of everything in the new shop...

Looks real well and best of luck with it.

Hope to get out some day I really need to start putting money to one side.... I better not tell herself when and where I be going ha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Best of luck with the shop Curran. What are your opening hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Hal1 wrote: »

Has anyone any experience with this machine? Specs seem decent for the price.

Senecio wrote: »
    Best of luck with the shop Curran. What are your opening hours?

Starting out, planning to do Tuesday to Saturday, 11 to 5.
    But that may change going forward.

Best of luck with it Curran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Hi got the gear off detailningshed but in my stupidity I selected wrong size pads but will crack on anyway.

I have a Yaris that's had a hard life and it will be getting a rotary at it very soon.

I will take photos and also include what the inside looked like. I am finding it difficult to get a day off without any rain and not well last few days but hope to crack on soon as Yaris is for sale and want to have it looking as best as possible.

http://www.wheeltrims.eu/wheel-trims-for-toyota.html?dimensioni=126

copies of manufacturer hub caps. probably better than ones from breakers.

• Advertisement

Jesus, I thought you'd pay about €20 for a set of hubcaps. You could probably buy a set of second hand alloys for not much more than the cost of new caps. Madness. I often see alloys on Donedeal and the likes for €80-100 or so.

(not that I'm actually recommending that - just surprised at the cost of hubcaps)

Advertisement