Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Yeah, the HydrO2Foam wont offer protection anywhere near the ability of CQUK, but for how easy it is to work with, its a fantastic product!

Another positive it has for using it is; how many people go to the trouble of protecting and surface that isnt directly washed by the mitt, the shuts of the doors, bonnet and boot, for example, not many...but with this product, it will make contact with all those surfaces and add some protection - granted it wouldnt be an amazing amount, but as the saying goes, its better than nothing! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Curran wrote: »
    Yeah, the HydrO2Foam wont offer protection anywhere near the ability of CQUK, but for how easy it is to work with, its a fantastic product!

Another positive it has for using it is; how many people go to the trouble of protecting and surface that isnt directly washed by the mitt, the shuts of the doors, bonnet and boot, for example, not many...but with this product, it will make contact with all those surfaces and add some protection - granted it wouldnt be an amazing amount, but as the saying goes, its better than nothing! ;)

Guilty as sin.
    I did all of mine in cquk as well
    Also did all the plastics under the bonnet with Dlux..
    Mad..I know :D

Well you are a strange fish Vectra! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Do the shuts myself, especially the rear hatch hinge area. Get a lot of gangrene there very quickly and tough area to do with very little room to work with.

Even started cleaning under bonnet more these days, never really kept on top before.

edburg wrote: »
    Do the shuts myself, especially the rear hatch hinge area. Get a lot of gangrene GONE GREEN here very quickly and tough area to do with very little room to work with.

Even started cleaning under bonnet more these days, never really kept on top before.

Fixed your post :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not really detailing chat as such but is it worth getting mudflaps to protect the lower extremities of the body work and help keep it cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

vectra wrote: »
    Fixed your post :pac:

Feels like gangrene cleaning with small brush and fingertips, pain in butt getting it all out :mad:

Mc Love wrote: »
    Not really detailing chat as such but is it worth getting mudflaps to protect the lower extremities of the body work and help keep it cleaner?

From a prevention point of view, they'd be an advantage but I've a personal hate for them!! They just don't look right!!

Curran wrote: »
    From a prevention point of view, they'd be an advantage but I've a personal hate for them!! They just don't look right!!

Yeah I know what you mean. If you could get them to match the body paint it'd be an improvement

Yes,
    I have them fitted and find they do hold off a lot of muck. More so they help in avoiding stone chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Mc Love wrote:
    Yeah I know what you mean. If you could get them to match the body paint it'd be an improvement

The proper moulded ford ones aren't too bad compared to the generic ones.

The proper moulded ford ones aren't too bad compared to the generic ones.

they are the only type I would dream of fitting. Should have stressed that I suppose.

they are the only type I would dream of fitting. Should have stressed that I suppose.

Oh yeah i had the cheap ones on a car before, they were rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

If you are fitting mudflaps (I always do) I only get the proper manufacturer moulded ones. The rest look rubbish.

That being said, if its a competition car, screw the looks and fit the ones that work the best!

Edit - th last ones I got were €150 for the Leon from Seat. I paid for them and didn't even think for half a second of fitting the universal ones

ianobrien wrote: »
    If you are fitting mudflaps (I always do) I only get the proper manufacturer moulded ones. The rest look rubbish.

That being said, if its a competition car, screw the looks and fit the ones that work the best!

Edit - th last ones I got were €150 for the Leon from Seat. I paid for them and didn't even think for half a second of fitting the universal ones

Yup,
    Same price for my Passat.
    only I said "Not a chance"
    Headed to Ebay.co.uk
    Found a VW dealer selling the genuine ones for £50 + Delivery (Parcelmotel)
    just about €75 to my door :P

Yup,
    Same price for my Passat.
    only I said "Not a chance"
    Headed to Ebay.co.uk
    Found a VW dealer selling the genuine ones for £50 + Delivery (Parcelmotel)
    just about €75 to my door :P

When I was looking, there was no problem getting the standard Leon ones reduced off ebay. The problem was that I needed FR ones. The local dealer on this occasion was cheaper than getting them online from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

https://www.facebook.com/Reflect-Auto-Care-464536360275052/timeline

Have a look at yesterdays post. Seems like a bargain for 5 litres

75 or 150?? Thats very expensive, is that when you are ordering the car?

75 or 150?? Thats very expensive, is that when you are ordering the car?

No, I ordered them afterwords.

All Seat accessories are prices very, very high. The mudflaps for the new Seat Toledo are in the same price range but when they are in a Skoda box for the Skoda Rapid they are less than half that price.

Ya I can't figure that one out either!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

IMO, mudflaps look terrible on most cars and I'm pretty skeptical about how effective they are at their supposed job too.

But if you really must have them, get the OEM moulded ones specific to your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

ianobrien wrote: »
    No, I ordered them afterwords.

All Seat accessories are prices very, very high. The mudflaps for the new Seat Toledo are in the same price range but when they are in a Skoda box for the Skoda Rapid they are less than half that price.

Ya I can't figure that one out either!

+1

When I bought the FR it took a lot of wrangling to get them and I paid part of it. Given how tiny they actually are as well it's madness. Similar story with Mazda i had they worked out at nearly €100 a set. The VRS ones are like shovels then hanging on each arch and they were free.

Definitely go OEM, I've find the cars definitely a little cleaner on the lower doors with them and they keep the crap off the lower rear overhang too.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Anyone ever use this brand Kleen Freaks?

http://kleenfreaks.bigcartel.com/products

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

I've heard a lot about them and seem to be very popular with those who have "show cars" particularly in Northern Ireland and UK. Never used it myself but they seem to be getting positive feedback online from others!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

D&D Detailing are going to be stocking them very soon, going to pick up a complete kit myself I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

D&D Detailing are going to be stocking them very soon, going to pick up a complete kit myself I'd say.

Yeah I saw that on their Facebook page.

The mega flight case is deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

The mega flight case is deadly

Yeah that's the one I was looking at, must get that and AMMO NYC's wheel and body kit.

Hydr02 worth getting? With the weather the way it is this stuff looks like a handy way of protecting the car for winter.

Worth getting? Is it any good? Does it last well?

Also, a good shampoo to go with it for future washing...

• Advertisement

Also, a good shampoo to go with it for future washing...

You could get Hydro2foam and use it as a shampoo.

Advertisement