Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Mc Love wrote: »
    You could get Hydro2foam and use it as a shampoo.

Just remembered I have a few shampoos in the parents shed, I'll give it a blast of foam, two bucket and then clean it with APC before I use it instead. Ordered it there to try out. Looks ideal for this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

It will be ideal - so simple to apply, good protection....and if you notice it start to show signs of failing, it only takes 10 mins to re-apply, to see you through to the good weather!
    Its actually very impressive the change in appearance, in terms of shine, that it creates, with no effort - beads great too! Its fun watching it change from hydrophilic to hydrophobic, as you wash it off! Beads great too!

You should get 3 coatings with the litre Hydro2Lite! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'll be putting in an order for stuff in the new year and this Hydro2foam just might make it on the list. It better be worth the hype, that's all I'm saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

D&D Detailing are going to be stocking them very soon, going to pick up a complete kit myself I'd say.

Has anybody used the 2D snowfoam that D&D sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

*Kol* wrote: »

Yes and I'm very impressed by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Yep, I find it very good too, They're wash and wax makes a good foam too! Wheel cleaner is also fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

What would be the best Iron Remover & Tar Remover that would do both the bodywork and alloys? I remember one was recommended before (it was the two in one) but I've forgotten the name :o Im also picking up a clay bar too. Any recommendations of where I can get all these together?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Korrosol, detailing shed.

What would be the best Iron Remover & Tar Remover that would do both the bodywork and alloys? I remember one was recommended before (it was the two in one) but I've forgotten the name :o Im also picking up a clay bar too. Any recommendations of where I can get all these together?

There isnt many products that are an Iron Remover and Tar Remover.
    There is a product called CarPro Trix that does both, but two separate products will do a far better job at doing each of their given tasks.

Iron Remover: CarPro IronX, Bilt Hamber Korrosol*, or Auto Wheel for the alloys (*Korrosol is safe more most wheel finishes)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Another not really a detailing question? But as I don't want to get swirl marks after getting a paint perfection done, what is the best type of wedding ribbon to use on the car?

And don't say none!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Another not really a detailing question? But as I don't want to get swirl marks after getting a paint perfection done, what is the best type of wedding ribbon to use on the car?

And don't say none!

None :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Dropping my car in to Brian @ Spirit Detailing on Monday for an exterior detail. Can't wait :D

Out of interest, what should I be doing to maintain the work he does on it, and how often should I be doing it? Obviously I'll ask him when I'm there but just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Dropping my car in to Brian @ Spirit Detailing on Monday for an exterior detail. Can't wait :D

Out of interest, what should I be doing to maintain the work he does on it, and how often should I be doing it? Obviously I'll ask him when I'm there but just curious.

Brian will give youthe best advice due to the fact he is the one that knows what LSP he used on it.

But basics are a big help

what is the best type of wedding ribbon to use on the car?

Unfortunately there is probably no ribbon that will not cause some sort of very light swirling. That said, if you can get a velvet ribbon, that would probably be the best - but you will likely have to give the areas the ribbon flutters in the wind and contacting the paintwork (ie: the bonnet around the grills and wherever you tied it off to), a light machine polish, probably only a 15 mins job to the the areas lightly affected.

At the very minimum....
    - Washing with a two bucket method and a good quality wash mitt
    - Drying with a good quality microfiber drying towel
    Doing that as your regular washing, should keep it looking extremely well for quite some time.

What to ask Brian...
    - What shampoo is best to maintain the coating, so not to affect it in any way
    - What maintenance product would be helpful for a simple spray on buff off, to keep the finish enhanced / glossy

That would be the basics! In terms of shampoo, regular pH neutral shampoo, may not be ideal (will do a job), as it may clog the microscopic structure of the coating, and take away from the finish - the finish will still be there, but shine may not be as impressive, or beading/sheeting of water will decrease over time....using the recommended products will ensure you get the full potential from the coating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Won't be travelling far with the ribbon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dean12319

Hi all, posted a thread on the careers forum yesterday re: becoming a Valetor/ Detailer. Have had only 1 reply who said I should contact anyone in the trade here. So could anyone who is working or worked in the job get in contact with me for some advice? Cheers. Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Anyone know anyone from D+D detailing lads?

I've finally been starting to build my few bits to start proper detailing on my cars rather than just washing them and throwing autoglym at them.

I've got almost everything off them and they always throw in a pack of haribo etc.
    Got a nice happy new year note in my latest one too.

Stuff like this is great, nothing else to say really :)

I want to get going with my new DA and mezerna gear soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

YbFocus wrote: »

I've finally been starting to build my few bits to start proper detailing on my cars rather than just washing them and throwing autoglym at them.

I've got almost everything off them and they always throw in a pack of haribo etc.

I want to get going with my new DA mezerna stuff soon!

Nice lads from my experience never been up there as I'm closer tolimerick than cork.

Any questions have always been answered on fb and like you got something free when I ordered the Christmas set off them got it today so I'm happy out.

Rare to get that customer care these days so fair play to them

crasy dash wrote: »
    Nice lads from my experience never been up there as I'm closer tolimerick than cork.

Any questions have always been answered on fb and like you got something free when I ordered the Christmas set off them got it today so I'm happy out.

Rare to get that customer care these days so fair play to them

Exactly, it's great to see!
    Just thought I'd mention it because it is rare :)

Dean12319 wrote: »
    Hi all, posted a thread on the careers forum yesterday re: becoming a Valetor/ Detailer. Have had only 1 reply who said I should contact anyone in the trade here. So could anyone who is working or worked in the job get in contact with me for some advice? Cheers. Dean

You can PM with any questions you have! ;)

• Advertisement

I want to get going with my new DA and mezerna gear soon!

I know them pretty well, sound bunch of lads to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dean12319

Curran wrote: »
    You can PM with any questions you have! ;)

Great that's brilliant! I'll contact you tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

+1. Pity they moved from their south side location, great to be able to pop over and get a few bits on a Saturday if I was ever stuck. A bit of a trek to their new building but it's a much better set up.

Well tell them they are well liked! :)

Well tell them they are well liked! :)

I'd say they know at this stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

What would be a decent clay bar that's relatively cheap and effective?

Would a Halfords job be good or should I look at Detailing Shed and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The only clay bars Halfords have are the Meguiars ones which are rather expensive for what you get. Much better off buying from Detailing Shed as they have a range of different choices. I personally use the Bilt Hamber and Autobrite clays and find them great.

Halfords have an Autoglym clay kit too.

They also have a clay mitt from G3 which I am tempted to get. It should be much faster than using a small piece of clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

Halfords have an Autoglym clay kit too.

They also have a clay mitt from G3 which I am tempted to get. It should be much faster than using a small piece of clay.

Mitt dear?worth the price?

• Advertisement

Mitt dear?worth the price?

It's €14.99 so would be worth a try.

Advertisement