Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

*Kol* wrote: »
    It's €14.99 so would be worth a try.
    I bought the clay mitt and used it on my car , think it done a good job , read somewhere to use it on the windows first and was amazed on the amount of crap it took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

BrendanD wrote: »
    I bought the clay mitt and used it on my car , think it done a good job , read somewhere to use it on the windows first and was amazed on the amount of crap it took off.

Good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

BrendanD wrote: »

Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Tnx

Oh oh..!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

vectra wrote: »
    Oh oh..!! :o

u k hun? x o x o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

YbFocus wrote: »
    u k hun? x o x o

lykk if yhu chried evrii tym xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Am I the only one who is wondering what language was used in the last few posts?

Is there a new language out there, or am I a slow dry ar$e that can't understand the "new ways"? (I'm in my 30's so I'm not an old fart).

I'm leaning to a slow dry ar$e myself!

It's just that text speak/Facebook crap that we are laughing at is all, don't think for a second we talk like that around here :)

It's just that text speak/Facebook crap that we are laughing at is all, don't think for a second we talk like that around here :)

Dats Gr8
    tnk Hun. :D

Geez I'm really stupid that I couldn't see that.

Then again, I don't use BookFace to see the highlight of Irish intellect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

ianobrien wrote: »
    Geez I'm really stupid that I couldn't see that.

Then again, I don't use BookFace to see the highlight of Irish intellect.

I was the same as yourself till it was pointed out above god I feel old haha

ianobrien wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is wondering what language was used in the last few posts?

Is there a new language out there, or am I a slow dry ar$e that can't understand the "new ways"? (I'm in my 30's so I'm not an old fart).

I'm leaning to a slow dry ar$e myself!
    crasy dash wrote: »
    I was the same as yourself till it was pointed out above god I feel old haha

Ah lads.
    I.m well older than both of ye and I get it..
    Ye need to get out more I think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Have a reversing camera on the car and the position of it means its open to spray on the motorway. What's the best coating you could use for plastic. Used hydro2 on it but it leaves streaks. Is there anything specifically for plastic?

Next item I must get is a clay bar just wondering whats the best thing to use as a lubricant when using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Next item I must get is a clay bar just wondering whats the best thing to use as a lubricant when using it?

All I use for mine is a small bit of shampoo mixed with water in a pressure sprayer, cheap and does the job perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Curran,

Any idea on when you'll have the Wheel Wollies back in stock?

http://www.detailingshed.com/wheels-tyres/187-wheel-woolies.html

Looking to put in an order in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

It's on the list of priorities, but its not at the top!

However, I do have a spare set that I had set aside for myself....that I can fix you up with, give that I dont need them until I get my wheels refurbished. Just let me know when you are wanting to order, and I can put a set back in stock for you to order through the site! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Hi lads. I haven't been around in a while so this may have been covered. This morning I noticed mould starting to appear in the back of the car. It's on the panels, kids seats and back seats. I think one of the windows may have been left open a crack, I dont think it's a seal. Is there a product or method for removing it?

Thanks for your help
    G

Mould is an organic material so after cleaning the panel (APC and hot water) and cloth materials (seat cleaner, eg Autoglym Interior Shampoo) I use Dettol anti-bacterial spray or wipes to kill the mould spores.

If you have a wet 'n dry vacuum, use that before the Dettol Anti-bacterial spray. Words to the wise, there are other anti-bacterial sprays/wipes on the market and what ever you use, try it first on an innocuous piece of interior trim (back of rear seat). Some contain bleach and don't use anything that had bleach/sodiun hypochloride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Has anyone tried the new EZCarCare range? Just looking at the review Facebook page and all seems positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Better products out there.
    They'll do a decent job, but for an extra euro or two per product you'd get superior performance and/or better economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Curran wrote: »
    Better products out there.
    They'll do a decent job, but for an extra euro or two per product you'd get superior performance and/or better economy.

I have loads of products I don't need anymore was just intrigued that they were so cheap did anyone actually try them.

Cleaning out the shed today and found some €2 shop wheel cleaner and shine! Lol... Oh how times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Decent Nitrile gloves? Anyone know where I could purchase some?

I've been using medicare gloves but they do tend to rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Mc Love wrote: »
    Decent Nitrile gloves? Anyone know where I could purchase some?

I've been using medicare gloves but they do tend to rip.

http://dnddetailing.ie/product/gloves-large/

Quick question lads my car has swirl marks not bad but noticeable at night under street lighting.

Recently got a da from d+d in cork have menzerna fg400+sf400.

Just want to test on a small piece of the car which is an a4.

What should I start out with and what type of pad and setting on the polisher complete beginner so if you want you can use the
    Kiss method of explaining it to me.

Keep
    It
    Simple
    Stupid

Thanks again lads

Start off with your last abrasive mix, polishing pad and the 4000 to see what happens after a pass.
    Move more aggressive if needed.

You want to be as unaggressive as possible always!

Much obliged YB hope to get an hour or two this evening if not I'll have to wait till sunday

Just waiting on a order from detailing shed want to clay a panel before I start I'm worse than a child at christmas courier should be here before two

Much obliged YB hope to get an hour or two this evening if not I'll have to wait till sunday

Just waiting on a order from detailing shed want to clay a panel before I start I'm worse than a child at christmas courier should be here before two

I was the same in the last few weeks :)

If you go back a page or so you'll see what i managed on my first attempt, it's quite easy once you know what you are heading into.

I watched plenty of footage and read how to's etc.

Ammo NYC on youtube is fantastic i think, explains stuff really great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

With Audi paint or any German paint from my experience, it takes time to make any difference even with an orange hexlogic pad and FG400/FG500.

• Advertisement

With Audi paint or any German paint from my experience, it takes time to make any difference even with an orange hexlogic pad and FG400/FG500.

I'm sure I'll soon find thanks though.
    I'll let ye know how I get on what's the best panel to say test out before I commit to doing the whole car

Advertisement