Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

My unlucky streak continues, the Power Washer's lead has now decided it no longer wants to be in one piece :(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-W87-RH-P-Ultimate-Upright-Upholstery/dp/B00B7HZ316

I have the above carpet cleaner and it's been great in the car so far.

Two questions:

Would it be safe to go at the headliner with this? It's fairly dirty, previous owner smoking I think.

Should I use the Vax carpet cleaning solution or APC?

Car is a bmw e46.

This didn't really work.

Shampoo spray rate / pressure wasn't really strong enough when using upside down. Most of the liquid ended up dripping all over the car.

Only a thin spray area actually hit the headliner and this resulted in some sagging and me panicking!

Thankfully was only a small area and tightened back up when dry. On a positive note, the carpets and mats are still looking brand new a month later.

This didn't really work.

Shampoo spray rate / pressure wasn't really strong enough when using upside down. Most of the liquid ended up dripping all over the car.

Only a thin spray area actually hit the headliner and this resulted in some sagging and me panicking!

Thankfully was only a small area and tightened back up when dry. On a positive note, the carpets and mats are still looking brand new a month later.

I've a steam cleaner I got in woodies for €100 before. A karcher one I think. I used that before for giving the ceiling a going over on a car or two (never did the whole thing, but instead just targeted stains/marks).

Worked alright for me.

Not sure of model number or anything but it's the same as this one (in appearance anyway):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71UElYg5bZL._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

vectra wrote: »
    No,
    It is quite alright to use on top of Fusso, I just dont like the beading from it. To me it is more of a show wax.
    Then again, it could be the picky part of me seeing this :D

It still sounds like a waste of time IMO as the 2 coats underneath would prevent KOG from doing anything to the paint itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

No, It wont do anything to the paint as fusso will have it sealed up. It just takes from the beading of fusso as far as I was concerned. Try it.
    two coats of fusso on your car, The do half with KOG on top.

• Advertisement

I will in my arse! My point was always that KOG would have no effect sue to the underlying 2 coats of Fusso. You said otherwise ya stook :P

I will in my arse! My point was always that KOG would have no effect sue to the underlying 2 coats of Fusso. You said otherwise ya stook :P

Where?

Where?
    KOG is fine to be put over Fusso baaaaiiiiii

:pac:

:pac:

I think you are sniffing that tailpipe too much.

Fusso is excellent on its own. > Personally prefer this

KOG can be applied over it... >> I find this spoils the beading effect from Fusso... The beads are more like Blobs whereas the beading from Fusso on its own are Smaller and rounder.

This is a personal preference of mine..
    I dont know where this topic went haywire after I said that.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi guys,

Looks like I got some wax on my windscreen.. Smeared.. like coating on it... Tricky driving in the rain... What would be best way to clean it?, couple of weeks since applied collinite do either I put on to much or I used the buffing cloth on the windscreen...

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Looks like I got some wax on my windscreen.. Smeared.. like coating on it... Tricky driving in the rain... What would be best way to clean it?, couple of weeks since applied collinite do either I put on to much or I used the buffing cloth on the windscreen...

Collinite on the windscreen??
    take it off.

Clay
    Clean
    Clay
    Can of Coke
    wash car
    Clean screen with water and dry with newspaper.

Collinite on the windscreen??
    take it off.

Clay
    Clean
    Clay
    Can of Coke
    wash car
    Clean screen with water and dry with newspaper.

Vinegar and newspaper do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Have you IPA or inspection fluid of some sort? Strong APC or a small bit of tar remover on a cloth.

Curran wrote: »
    Have you IPA or inspection fluid of some sort? Strong APC or a small bit of tar remover on a cloth.
    I'm in sligo for weekend.. Would halfords have anything?

Doubt it. A chemist should have small bottles of IPA for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

What did you guys say is the best for window wipers. Fairly new floppy blades, yet they squeak a bit and tend to hop a tad.

Doubt it. A chemist should have small bottles of IPA for sale.

Got 500 ml bottle of IPA in chemist.. Smallest they had... Neat onto a micro fiber cloth then over windscreen?

I find the best way to clean wiper blades is to use IPA and a cloth followed by 303 wiper blade treatment. These used be sold by cleancar but I don't know where you'd get them in Ireland now. I bought a few boxes of them before they folded.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Think the Rallye needs a clean :p

IMG_20151025_105550_zpsa4jrfotr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Suits it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

What are people's views on the Tornadors?

Just looking at videos make me think "I need one".

Never used one, but they do look excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭corks finest

I find the best way to clean wiper blades is to use IPA and a cloth followed by 303 wiper blade treatment. These used be sold by cleancar but I don't know where you'd get them in Ireland now. I bought a few boxes of them before they folded.
    What's ipa?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

What's ipa?

isopropyl alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭corks finest

rebelbmx wrote: »
    isopropyl alcohol

Tnx

Whats Tnx??

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Curran wrote:
    Whats Tnx??

Itz a wrd ppl use as n abreviatn yo. Effort of riting da full wrd lik?!!

Whats Tnx??

:P

Tar and Nox remover for VWs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Can a Magic Eraser be bought in Ireland? I see talk of it on the UK groups but nothing on about Irish sellers. Seems to do a great job on steering wheels, failing that, anything that might rejuvinate it and take the shine off the leather?

• Advertisement

They must be available somewhere - a few years ago, a guy brought back a freshly detailed car, to be have one side re-done. He had driven along a hedge and tried a Magic Eraser to remove the marks that resulted - needless to say, it was worse again after!

A good leather cleaner, or microfibers in boiling water and when possible without scalding yourself, wrap them around the wheel, and let it sit for a bit, then clean with a mild APC. Might need to do it once or twice.

Advertisement