Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Best to contact them, they mightnt have it on the site but they put most attachments onto the hoses. And a new hose really makes all the difference.

https://youtu.be/L9T7RAQGsT4

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Hi all

Just picked up a matte paint Ioniq 5 yesterday. Can anyone advise on dos and don'ts? Should I get a ceramic coating?

Also, does anyone know a valet service that can handle matte paint cars?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've never got ceramic coating done, but would it cause a "shine" on the matte finish? Or is there a coating that is designed for use on Matte paint?

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Karcher K2 - problem

Hi folks, my K2 pressure washer is squirting out water when i use the lance...its squirting at the bottom of the outlet elbow which the lance hose connects to, i got a new elbow & o ring but water is still squirting out - any ideas?🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bought this one below as a replacement for my original Nilfisk hose which split after a kink formed:

This one is a bit more flexible than the original Nilfisk hose so doesn't seem to form any kinks from when reeled up after use. No problems after 2 years of use anyway on a C110 washer. Just make sure it fits your model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

There is lime in the water, where I live, will it do any harm to the paintwork if I use my own power wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Water spotting will be a problem but just dry the car after washing it and you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Duplicate post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

It will cause a silky effect for about a week or so.

Best is to buy a small 15ml bottle and apply to a small inconspicuous area like the rear bumper then wait a week or two. That will give you an indication of effect on your paint & colour combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

2 Questions:

Best place (EU, pref in Irl) to buy a snow foam lance these days?

Any recommendations for an inexpensive blower for car drying?

• Advertisement

Depending on what brand snow lance you want, you'd pick up the autoglym poler blaster in plenty of places. You'd get a pet dryer on amazon a lot cheaper than buying a blower that's branded for detailing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Looking to clean my windows properly for the first time, apply something like g5. Before I go out and spend money on products, would this guide be appropriate?

No particular brand of lance in mind - I have one that I got from Amazon but its not great (I use ADBL snow foam, which I think is decent enough stuff). Nilfisk compatibility is my only criteria really.

For the dryer, I was wondering if a cordless leaf blower would be any good....

Use plenty of ADBL products myself and they are pretty good! I have the autoglym lance and it's been excellent so far, can't fault it. A leaf blower would do the job but maybe not as good for the tight areas

Thanks. Unfortunately the Autoglym seems to only be available with Karcher fitment. Nuisance, as I'd have been able to pick it up in Halfords.

If your buying from OCD,Blok51,D&D etc you can probably choice the fitting to suit your pressure washer

So I went to OCD - ordered the SF lance on St. Patrick's Day, dispatched the following day (also a BH), and arrived on Monday morning. Was thinking to myself that it was probably going to be exactly the same as the one I had (cheaper Amazon jobbie) and I'd wasted fifty quid. Then I tried it - same snow foam, power washer and washer but different result - totally different experience. I've still no clue whether snow foam actually does anything beneficial to clean the car, but it's sure as heck just got a lot more satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any recommendations for a seat cleaner, the seats are half leather half fabric (see attached). I've seen some for CarPro Inside or ColourLock for cleaning leather. Do you need a separate cleaner for the fabric as well?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Looking for some advice. I was using Meguiar's Ceramic Spray Wax, liked how easy it was to use. Just wondering what other products I should look at as Amazon dont seem to supply anymore?

Should be able to get it in Halfords. I use Gyeon wetcoat as you get a 1 litre of it for €23, it's a bit cheaper than meguiars and thought it performed better. You can also get a concentrated version that can be diluted up to 15:1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Been using a Cleaner Car lambswool wash mitt for a while now but last wash it got mixed up with the laundry and ended up shrinking in the tumble dryer.

Seen a few people now using a cleaner microfibre to wash with so gave it a go this afternoon, happy with the results but wondered if anyone else has moved to just a microfibre cloth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Check out that tasty orange peel. The whole car is getting clayed, wet sanded and polished over the next week or so.

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Jeez - what car is that and is it the original paint?

It's a 97 Prelude. It had a full respray about two years ago and was relacquered about a year ago. I got the painter to deliberately put an extra heavy coat of laquer on it so that I could wet sand it and get it perfect when the time was right.

It's a twenty footer as it is but that's not what I'm after.

Used to use microfiber wash mitts but changed to using noodle wash mitts

I clayed the whole car and wet sanded one of the doors with 1500 grit to see what I was working with.

I think I'm gonna drop down to 1200 grit tomorrow and work my way back up from there.

I doubt I'll get started on the compounding this weekend though but we'll see.

Anyone ever dealt with washme.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Yep, got plenty of Bilt Hamber stuff from them and never any issues.

One of the better places I've dealt with, can't fault their service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yes, buy a fair bit from Pascal. Great selection, quick delivery and he's very appreciative.

Advertisement