Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Not sure this is worth its own thread so posting in here, can move out if required.

Bought a 2017 car and it is in really great condition but would like see about sorting out the few dings and scratches that are on it. There are a few tiny dings, scratches and chips in it. And then it would be great to get a full detail on it to get the paint work as new as possible.

I looked up a few places the amount of options and things you can pick was overwhelming. I'm wondering what sort of option people would recommend looking into? And also looking for recommendations for places that are good quality in the north east.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

nah, didn't work either😕 BUT i did find a solution - nail polish remover & a lot of elbow grease😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Well lads.

have had zero time to do a proper job on my car the last year or so. Did a quick wash n’wax over the weekend just to get something on the paint. Badly needs a polish. Plan of attack next chance I get, AG HD wash, clay bar, megs ultimate compound which I have and then seal/wax with SOMETHING.

ive nothing in the shed in regard to waxes/ sealants so open to suggestions. My go to was Hydro h20 spray which I absolutely loved. Is that still rated here? It really was a class product. But don’t mind hand waxing either. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You can't go wrong Gtechniq c2v3, really excellent product! I use Geyon Wet Coat for a spray and rinse product. For a wax I use Bilt Hamber Double Speed or Geyon Wax

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I have been using Autoglym super rasin polish with Autoglym extra gloss protection for years only because i seem to get a gift pack every birthday, but now im running low, can anyone recommend anything better or should i stick with it ,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Just a quick one folks. I want to buy a snow foam lance for my Karcher K2 compact.

Should I go genuine or spurious?

The mjjc v2 is a very good snow foam lance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hi Pete thanks for the recommendation. Although I'm only very new to valeting. It'd just be for my own car and parents. So wasn't looking to spend that much, I was hoping for a cheaper alternative to the genuine Karcher K2 snow foam lance if I didn't really need to go for the genuine part to begin with. However, I would settle for the genuine part if it was the better option on the cheaper end of the scale.. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Genuine. Cry once and buy the right one. I've seen spurious ones leak, not fit right, and break in the short term. Costs more to bin it and buy a second time than to just buy "right" from the off. Had to do the same myself as my Kranzle washer only uses its own lances/snow foam guns due tot he hexagonal shape of the inner pieces meaning its €80 for the genuine one vs €25 for the spurious however the spurious ones are circular so leak when attached.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I've a cheap ebay lance,mjjc lance,autoglym polar blaster and one I bought from D&D about 7 years ago. The MJJC is the best of the bunch and no issues so. I did convert my Kranzle to stubby lance and quarter inch quick releases as it makes life easier but wasn't paying big money for genuine ones as the cheaper gun and snow lances have been just as good. The cheap lance might not give you go quality foam and be a bit runny, the snow foam,dilution ratio etc you are using will also play a factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Technique

By genuine, do you mean the Karcher snow foam lance? If so, the universal consensus is that they’re useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭5500

Guys Anyone used an Tenzi products? Have a local guy pushing it saying its all he'll use now ect, cars looking good but hadn't really heard much or see much about it online

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Seen a lot of aspiring low lever influencers talking about it recently, doesn't mean it's bad but the shill is strong.

There's a few reviews on detailing world. It's probably best to try some products out for yourself maybe sample sizes if you could get them. People have their own brands that they like or certain products from brands

• Registered Users Posts: 9,852 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lads, could anyone recommend a decent detailer in/around the Finglas/phibsboro/glasnevin area please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Treated myself to a Kranzle XA 17 TST.

Could anyone recommend a good foam lance, would be a D12 connector for this AFAIK.

Picked up the Kraenzle one. It's a D10 in case anyone is reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Kudos for coming back with the answer - couldn't count the number of times I've found someone else had a similar question to mine, but there was no answer.

Out of curiosity, what's so great about Kraenzle power washers? They're damn expensive.

The build quality of the kranzle is excellent. Just using one you know they are extremely well built. I've a quick release version 2160 and it's a fantastic bit of kit, I'd never go back to the likes of a karcher because the kranzle is just in a different league and well worth the money

I've had a Karcher for 6 years now and it did well until it packed in last week. I'll probably repair it if it's within my ability.

Main reasons for the Kraenzle is that I tend to go for stuff that will last. The Karcher was ok when I was living in rented accommodation. Now I have my own place I have way more use for the washer so I want a step up.

Also it's Christmas and I might deserve a present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi, getting a car with matte paint in Jan any recomendations for paint protection and detailers in Wicklow/South Dublin area?

This might interest someone here. Lidl have extractors in tomorrow 30th. I don't know how good these are but might be good enough for doing your own carpets, mats, seats etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you don't already know, reflect autocare are having an unreal sale on car pro stuff.

Don't have a lot of time for detailing anymore. Applied my first wax (collinite) the other day for the first time in 4 years I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭high horse

The hose from my nilfisk power washer burst the last time I turned it on so I need to get a replacement. Any recommendations for a good supplier?

I've used Cleantec up the North, found them pretty good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭high horse

Can't wait to try out these

Got the second pic for Christmas present

• Advertisement

I got a hose for a Nilfisk from there, might be worth contacting them

Advertisement