Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Trying to figure out what sort of snow foam lance coupling I need to get... It's complicated because this is the pressure washer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-User-Petrol-Pressure-Washer/dp/B00IXBI3UW

The high pressure hoses on petrol pressure washers tend to have fittings like the M22 fittings, (or at least my one does, although it's 11HP).

The last one on the right in the image below:

snow-foam-lance.jpg

You'll know yourself by looking at the fittings already on the pressure washer.

So this is the progress I made on a seat today after about 10 minutes. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad. One one hand it's an improvement but on the other hand, it's not as good as I'd like.

Is it just a case of going over the seat repeatedly with the same techniques? (Steam cleaner, Microfibre cloth and some upholstery cleaner)?

2BA14365AE904F649324F8453CC8BE9B-0000333410-0003744763-01200L-CDD51D5784334A26BBB5350D553B480E.jpg

(seat in the after photo is still quite damp. Would it look any better after drying out? or worse?)

Also, does anyone know if theres an alternative to Wonder Wheels, that's sold cheaper/in large amounts?

It's the only wheel cleaner I've come across that just blows the bollocks out of brake dust. It's one of those no messing around products. The kinda product that, if it were a person, you'd be afraid to say the wrong thing to it incase it took a dislike to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Pretty much rinse and repeat until you get some satisfactory results. I would use something other than a microfibre to agitate the cleaning shampoo. Then let it dwell and get into the fabric before wiping it off.

For the wheel I use bilt hamber korrosol from detailing shed. It gets my vote awesome stuff but stinks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It does smell, yes.

I have some smart wheels, not exactly wax safe, heavy stuff. I didn't get great value out of my BH, was very heavy with it. On the wonder wheels, I seen a load of it go for a euro a piece, and I missed out. Baaaaallls.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    On the wonder wheels, I seen a load of it go for a euro a piece, and I missed out. Baaaaallls.

Would've been nice, alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The high pressure hoses on petrol pressure washers tend to have fittings like the M22 fittings, (or at least my one does, although it's 11HP).

The last one on the right in the image below:

You'll know yourself by looking at the fittings already on the pressure washer.

Yeah, this is it:

8iK87x.jpg

I think it's an M14.... 22mm across the hex. It would have to be an awkward size :rolleyes:

What's the best option... Get an M22 fitting and some adapters/couplers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Hal1 wrote: »
    For the wheel I use bilt hamber korrosol from detailing shed. It gets my vote awesome stuff but stinks a lot.

Rubber gloves are a must. It actually smells like a really bad Guinness fart when it gets going. Brilliant stuff.
    Could it be watered down a bit for weekly washing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Guinness fart?

Are you referring to the fact you have to let it settle for a while before moving on to the next stage?

myshirt wrote: »
    Guinness fart?

Are you referring to the fact you have to let it settle for a while before moving on to the next stage?

If you don't wear gloves and it gets on your hands it smells like the morning after :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

OK, planning to get some better stuff for cleaning/detailing and this is what I got so far. Any suggestions?
    I'm in an apartment so can't use polishing machines, or hoses. Currently using 2BM with some Turtle Wax wash and Ice Shine detailer, but they're a pain to work with as they're streaking.

This is what I'm thinking to buy-
    Optimum No-Rinse
    Optimum Poli-Seal
    IronX LS
    Gtechniq C4
    Lake Country Ultimate German Applicator (for the poli-seal)

Any suggestions/comments? Should I put something on after the poli-seal. The car has metallic black paint.

For giggles here it is, and this is with the Ice Shine wash and Detailer.
    hHtkMc7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

^^ That is fair clean :)

Thanks guys, any suggestions regarding the products I've selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

For regular washing, you only need a few bits.

2 Buckets - that you have
    A good wash mitt
    A good drying towel
    Decent shampoo
    And perhaps a good Quick Detailer

Regular washing will keep it fresh looking.

After that you'll need to look into more detailing arsenal for every 6 month decontamination!

Got everything else. Any suggestions on a detailer? I was using Ice Shine but it's smearing.

It very much depends on what you want from it!

Do you have a wax or sealant on the car already? If so, you just want something to enhance that - a typical Quick Detailer, like 50Cal Stealth QD'er, Chemical Guys V07 or Speed Wipe,

Or something with a bit more durability - Orchard Autocare Perfection, Chemical Guys Blitz

Or something very durable that will also help hide any defects - CarPro Reload

All would be quick and easy to use, spray on, buff off, enhance shine and add protection...but if you had a wax on the car, there wouldnt be a need for something like CarPro Reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gtechniq C2V3 is the best QD I've ever used followed by OAC Perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

As Metz said above.
    Though OAC Perfection is probably better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Anyone know if I can CarPro Trix anywhere in ireland? It's a two in one tar and iron cleanser. Would speed things up a fair bit for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can CarPro Trix anywhere in ireland? It's a two in one tar and iron cleanser. Would speed things up a fair bit for me :)

Will it work as well though? Most 2 in 1 products arent as good as something designed for one job, both for cars (wash and wax) and humans (shampoo and contioner or hair and body).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Bandito909 wrote: »

Detailing Shed.

They dont have Trix, for the reason mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Cheers lads, yeah I know what you mean. But I did have a sample of it about 2 years ago and thought it was fantastic.

Ideal for someone who would probably skimp on the preparation!

Its all about the preparation though! ;)

Curran wrote: »
    Its all about the preparation though! ;)

He prefers to go in dry with no kissin'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Car valetor wanted in Cork.....does she work there too?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-diesel/9012702?offset=16

39627339.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Ha you can put your life on it that she doesn't work there ha
    Dought she's even in the country haha

100 quid for 10years, 3 day weeks......fook that! :P

Feckin' bird pooped on the car. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dord wrote: »
    Feckin' bird pooped on the car. :(

Think its time to let her go and look for a better one.

If she doing this to your car you never know what she do next.

Advertisement