Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Noxin wrote: »
    I have characters everywhere. Getting constant discons after a few min. Lots are.

Every where in Europe is fine me, having to exit the game each time make making more a pain.

Only Game I've gotten is about 5 minutes on a battle royal server (free), made 1 short term silent frend and died by my clone wielding a machete and there was shotgun and ammo right near me if only I'd seen it.

Does anyone know how the private servers are done, seems to only be big YouTube getting them is there a paid option somewhere.

Unhinged server came back up so jump in and I'm 11th in queue,hope this works.

Nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

lewl. Jumped straight onto it after getting disconned from a us server where I had just looted a nice axe and military backpack :(
    Got kicked straight off Unhinged pretty much straight away :P

I have gotten about 20 min straight playing and ran into a few others. I can really see the potential for this game now.

And yes, private servers are only for the utoob celebs... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Just took a look at the reviews on steam haha people are not happy with pay2win apparently they said it wouldnt be?

Is having to close the game normal when you DC.

Spawned with about 30 people on a hill and then spread out, followed by a few DCs. Playing on Badlands or Boarderlands or whatever it's called.

• Advertisement

Nolars wrote: »
    Just took a look at the reviews on steam haha people are not happy with pay2win apparently they said it wouldnt be?

There's a lot of **** about it but they released a statement earlier about the p2w. Personally I think it's nothing and not pay to win imo. But each to their own. Those initial reviews are just a lot of butthurt people. :pac:

Varik wrote: »
    Is having to close the game normal when you DC.

Spawned with about 30 people on a hill and then spread out, followed by a few DCs. Playing on Badlands or Boarderlands or whatever it's called.

LEWL. Was it on badlands? I was just there.

Yea I have to close it too,

Not much point trying to meet up when the servers are an issue, going to make a go of it on badlands.

discon from badlands x2. Beginning to get tired now but I've just opened another beer. Tbh, it's kinda funny cause when 20 people spawn on a hill, it turns into a fist fight to the death cause we know we're all gonna get discon shortly.

discon from badlands x2. Beginning to get tired now but I've just opened another beer. Tbh, it's kinda funny cause when 20 people spawn on a hill, it turns into a fist fight to the death cause we know we're all gonna get discon shortly.

Funnier when they decided to pile into a caravan that's near.

• Advertisement

Calling it at that for a night. The discons are too much now.

First impression after finally getting to play: Huge potential. Airdrops have already been nerfed and once they get these server problems sorted, this could be a winner. Time will tell.

G'night.

Calling it at that for a night. The discons are too much now.

First impression after finally getting to play: Huge potential. Airdrops have already been nerfed and once they get these server problems sorted, this could be a winner. Time will tell.

G'night.

I think fixed is more accurate, they've lowered the drop rate but it's more that the player using it were getting them dropped right near them and with no chance for other players to show up or any new zed spawns.

Servers seem to work now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here's part 2 of the first impressions, we set up a little camp, meet a quiet dude & explore a graveyard & crypt thing.

I'm currently in the middle of making a bunch of tutorials for this, is there anything you guys want to see? Any part of the game you want me to show to you if you are undecided about it?

Cheers!

Oh god damn it.

20 minutes of queuing, jump on and then 17s until server reset.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Iits been berry picking simulator 2015 for me for the total of about 70 mins play so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fiacha

I was watching one of the youtube celebs streams last night. He failed to retrieve all three of the drops he called in. Killed by looters each time LOL, and this was before they changed the drop behaviour.

I'm liking it so far, it can only get better and SOE appear to be taking on feedback. Hopefully that will continue to happen.

Dcully wrote: »
    Iits been berry picking simulator 2015 for me for the total of about 70 mins play so far.

Found rifle, found 1911, server crash lost both.

restarted somehow still had the backpack I shredded.

Right now I'm carrying a lot of sticks, some berries, 1 can food, 4 purified water bottles, backpack, bow, arrows, assault rifle, axe, and some med supplies. Cut down 2 trees and made a nice little fire to purify my toilet water to something drinkable. Not seen any deer in a while.

Only issue is server disconnects and food/water consumption. Never even heard an airdrop.

What servers are people playing on.

Only issue is server disconnects and food/water consumption. Never even heard an airdrop.

They think they know whats causing the disconnects so hopefully they have it sorted today.

My servers are random at the moment and both us and eu. I stay on whatever keeps me connected. I'll test Outpost somethingsomething when they come back online as that seems stable. Or Calamity I think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Still cant get on :( Gam keeps shutting down on me

• Advertisement

Still cant get on :( Gam keeps shutting down on me

Think it's down for a patch at the moment.

H1Z1 Dev Tracker

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Here's part 2 of the first impressions, we set up a little camp, meet a quiet dude & explore a graveyard & crypt thing.

I'm currently in the middle of making a bunch of tutorials for this, is there anything you guys want to see? Any part of the game you want me to show to you if you are undecided about it?

Cheers!

Did you use a lot of keys and whatnot?

I bought the normal version but I've got the hat recipe and a load of event/crate which I don't think I had at the start. I was thinking that they gave out more stuff to make up for the launch but not so sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

game wont even launch for me. i get to the station log in, launch game and it shuts down. Im getting seriously annoyed. Same thing with Take on Mars, maybe its because i have poxy windows 10

Did you use a lot of keys and whatnot?

I bought the normal version but I've got the hat recipe and a load of event/crate which I don't think I had at the start. I was thinking that they gave out more stuff to make up for the launch but not so sure now.

Haven't used any of the extra stuff we got dude. I only got the €20 one as the €40 one wasn't out at the time. I don't have an air drop thing, only a few crate keys I think. Not sure what they do yet. Don't have the hat recipe, you may of gotten lucky haha

game wont even launch for me. i get to the station log in, launch game and it shuts down. Im getting seriously annoyed. Same thing with Take on Mars, maybe its because i have poxy windows 10

I found windows 10 didn't launch a lot of games for me. I had to go back to 8.1.
    But H1Z1 probably won't launch for another hour.

Game also just patched for me.

Nope, there is a 60-90 minute maintenance window now. They are deploying a server side patch that will hopefully fix a bunch of stuff. They should have a better way of communicating this stuff to people

I found windows 10 didn't launch a lot of games for me. I had to go back to 8.1.
    But H1Z1 probably won't launch for another hour.

Game also just patched for me.

Windows 7, it puts the win in windows.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same here wont launch. i got on for 10 mins earlier before server came down,maybe servers are down? cant see anything on twitter and the official forums seem to be down too.

Tempted to get a refund tbh http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2snhud/no_questions_asked_refund_policy/

some updates:
    Tom Schenck (Technical Director) posted 1/17/2015 update notes
    /u/CyclesMcHurtz

3 minutes ago
    It's been a long day, but we've got some changes to note:

Made adjustments to servers to better balance load
    Fixes for some server disconnections
    Improvements to overall connections (G29 and G99 errors)
    Adjustments to game exit-to-desktop when disconnected (still tracking down more)
    Improvements to server selection screen
    Adjustments to loot spawning in both regular and Battle Royale maps
    Adjustments and performance adjustments to weather system
    Fixed a few servers that were set to the wrong modes
    You should no longer be able to cause bleeding on other players in the PvE servers
    Reduced some timers for crafting
    Performance adjustments for weather effects
    Also, see /u/arclegger post
    Various other super-secret stability mojo

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Same here wont launch. i got on for 10 mins earlier before server came down,maybe servers are down? cant see anything on twitter and the official forums seem to be down too.

Tempted to get a refund tbh http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2snhud/no_questions_asked_refund_policy/

You've until Monday, may as well wait.

Advertisement