Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Theres usually no waiting in the FPS headshot only servers. I have no trouble getting into 'The Fearless'. More EU servers somewhere between Tuesday and Thursday according to smed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

EoinHef wrote: »
    Are half hour wait times for the servers normal?

Not got much time tonight so may leave it till another night when more EU servers come online to have a go

I usually wait an hour or more. There are new servers due for EU hopefully tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Noxin wrote: »
    I usually wait an hour or more. There are new servers due for EU hopefully tomorrow.

Never bothered with EU servers after the first day, the lines were 200+.

The us normal pvp fill up as well with 30 waits, so stayed playing on the first person only, the zombies are better when it's Headshot only and is find people slightly less likly to kos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Waited it out,ended up only being about 20 minutes.

Lasted about an hour and a half on a PvE server,i could have kept going eating berries but no way was i running around just eating berries. Found absolutely no loot besides berries,sticks,branches,cloth and a plank. Not very exciting:( But i did come across people who had bike helmets,satchels,hats,glasses etc,again nothing too exciting:(
    One guy did have a shotgun though and i have to say it makes a nice sound when fired:)

Ended up just shooting zombies with my bow(DAT arrow drop:p)with the guy with the shotgun till i literally keeled over from thirst i think it was. Not a bad first life in the game in fairness,enjoyed it. I see immediately though why PvE would become very boring. Id say gathering mats for bases etc is a grind and trying to do some building would be the only reason id be playing PvE. Ill be playing PvP from now on.

Also ran well for me,left it at whatever the default is @1440p and got a solid framerate on a 970 at stock. Given the games fidelity id say it runs pretty well for me,not really a demanding game in fairness. As its not a brand new engine some of the optimizations must already built in and thats how it felt to me.

A quick question on buildings/vehicles and loot,is there any particular building or vehicles that should have specific loot? ie factories for industrial,houses for domestic or is it just random?

Would really help if i knew the places to check for what im looking for,there were definitely some buildings that looked industrial and some residential etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This evening I impulse bought this for some inexplicable reason, in spite of my many reservations and after ten minutes I regretted every euro of it. Fast forward an hour and a half and I regret nothing.

For an alpha it's fantastically playable and there's a ton of fun to be had. At first I went all DayZ on it and was kill on sight. First two dudes I saw, shot them in the face with arrows.

Then I realized that nobody was fighting back... and the next guy I met just said "Hi" and carried on his way. The guy after that asked me if I was heading to Pleasantville and did I want to join him, so I thought f*ck it, let's go. Maybe I won't be a sociopath for once. And man was it worth it.

The following 40 minutes involved teaching people how to make bows, trying to fix a police car, getting chased by some guys in a truck who had guns and tried to kill us until we cowered in a room together with our bows trained on the door. Watched those same guys get stuck in an ally where they couldn't get out of the car. Mercy killed them before getting stuck in the same car ourselves. Followed by ten minutes of random passers-by trying to find us spark plugs so we could get out of there, before someone kindly murdered us to save us from starving to death.

So yeah, 20 quid well spent I think. Haven't enjoyed an online game as much in some time.

Loot is nowhere to be found though. Nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

lol that sounds hilarious. I hope someone recorded it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This sounds like DayZ before everyone turned into mass murdering assholes. Hopefully, it stays like this for at least a while.

I think it's because everyone is new and nobody really has any gear worth protecting, or stealing. I can't see it lasting once people get more familiar with it, which is a shame, since it's a lot of fun having interactions with randomers that don't involve one of you dying immediately.

Ammo is unlikely to become common, people protecting the houses maybe but not as it is.

The larger cities in the expanded map will likly be mostly pvp kos with people being in close proximity and weapons being more likely with all the loot span locations.

Not logged on in two days as I don't have the time to queue right now. Once the new servers are up I'll be back at it.
    I've had a few friendly interactions with players where we exchanged hats and a few discovery tips but mostly for me I've been attacked.
    One guy was getting chased by a zombie and I'm assuming he was close to death as he was yelling for help. So I knifed the zombie and took him out, only for the guy to take a swing at me after. Stupid boy. He dropped in one hit.
    Pleasantville was consta kos. My hut is close by but I really hope they introduce some spawn craftable soon. It's annoying spawning in the lower opposite corner of the map on death. Takes ages to get back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Can you lock bases so no one else can get in or can people raid them?

Cravez wrote: »
    Can you lock bases so no one else can get in or can people raid them?

You can lock them. But the doors can be busted down.. They are due to be upgraded somewhat to be stronger, but that just increases the time it takes. It'll still be possible to raid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

What map are you all using to navigate?

i would love if bases became no entry for other players...i think

What map are you all using to navigate?

i would love if bases became no entry for other players...i think

I'm not aware of a map, though I'd be happy to have one. I tend to just find a road and then follow it.

Plenty of maps http://h1z1.gamepedia.com/Map

But they not much use to you until you find a roadmarker or signpost to get your bearings.

If there is somewhere specific you are looking for or looking to remember moreso, to /loc and note your coordinates. Then if you die, just do it again and head the general direction until you get closer to your noted position. Not a great system but it works.

Is there an ingame map besides those you see on signposts?

neutralized.co.uk

Nicest looking map in any case.
    In text chat type.

/Loc

For location your location in xyz coordinates, map can use those.

/Suicide

For when walking is too much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Anyone know when the new EU servers will be up ?

Anyone know when the new EU servers will be up ?

Should be soon, they're asking for names for the servers so maybe today or tomorrow. Hope the patch is out soonish as well, want to play with the loot fixed before bed.

Looked under transactions on my SOE account, and both the standard and premium are there, no clue what happened. been like that since launch.

Steam only charged the €20 and my station cash is unchanged, and CC only charged the €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Should be soon, they're asking for names for the servers so maybe today or tomorrow. Hope the patch is out soonish as well, want to play with the loot fixed before bed.

Ill give this a shot at the weekend so, game should be in better shape by then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Varik wrote: »
    Looked under transactions on my SOE account, and both the standard and premium are there, no clue what happened. been like that since launch.

Steam only charged the €20 and my station cash is unchanged, and CC only charged the €20.

DONT ASK QUESTIONS!! :p

Here, if you have time while waiting for the servers to come up. I released this today. Doing a new "Adventures" series on the game, myself & a bunch of chaps get up to nonsense. Take a poke if ya want:

Also here are the patch notes for the upcoming patch:
    Servers remain down until 6:00PM PST or earlier

The update includes the following fixes:
    •Fixed issue with loot rules which were preventing spawning items inside containers
    •Metal Gate should now work properly
    •Floating Arrows should no longer cause damage or obstruct vehicles.
    •Structures are now more resistant to damage
    •Zombies should no longer slide or attack while knocked down
    •Dragging a stack of items that was too large to fit in your inventory would not move any of the stack. It now tops off as much as it can fit
    •Fixed issue where the inventory wouldn't accept the maximum it could hold when picking up items from proximity/containers.
    •The dew collector should work now, seriously
    •Adjusted many items so that they will stack in the inventory properly
    •Added a recipe for a Metal Door that is more durable than a wooden door
    •Additional server list sorting options are now available
    •The inventory option "Delete" has been removed
    •“Drop”, “Unload” and “Place” inventory options have been removed from proximity items
    •Rebalanced melee damage, including fists
    •Enabled melee headshot damage for NPC's and players Have feedback on the new melee changes? Post them in Jimmy's thread here[1]
    •Fixed issue with the Runamok Toxic Cavern container not working
    •Stagnant water can now be purified in barbecue.
    •Bear meat can now be cooked on a barbecue.
    •Rabbit stew can now be cooked. It now requires cooked rabbit meat instead of raw rabbit meat.
    •Hammers, wrenches, and combat knives can now be melted down into bars inside of a furnace.
    •Some larger items like the machete and AR15 now yield more metal bars when melted in a furnace.
    •Animal traps now take damage.
    •The animal trap recipe now require four nails.
    •Fixed picking overlapping blackberry bushes where players sometimes had crouch to pick them successfully
    •Fixed event tickets so that tickets found in the world are granted and the name and count show up properly

Well animal traps were a bit too good, good thing I already covered the hills in them.

Not so good when I jump on one of the new EU servers later on.

Don't know if the new EU servers will be out when servers are up. I'd say more tomorrow but could be wrong.

No sleeping bag yet :( It's all I want at the moment. GIMMEH MAH SLEEPZ BAG!

Noxin wrote: »
    Don't know if the new EU servers will be out when servers are up. I'd say more tomorrow but could be wrong.

No sleeping bag yet :( It's all I want at the moment. GIMMEH MAH SLEEPZ BAG!

Won't be on until weekend, will jump on to one of the EU servers then. Will play solo in one of the Us servers I currently on but would like to meet up on one of these EU as there's a decent amount of boards lads paying now.

I'd rather choose spawn point than having player defined one, makes pvp a bit of a pain for raiding bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Seems to be down for a few hours at the moment. Getting error G23 when i try to log.

incidentally, can you store stuff in your shack? Haven't made one yet, too busy exploring.

Seems to be down for a few hours at the moment. Getting error G23 when i try to log.

incidentally, can you store stuff in your shack? Haven't made one yet, too busy exploring.

You can build storage containers to keep items. Doesn't mean your shack won't get broken into though :)

You need to research the containers first. Wood plank, nail and metal bracket I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

tried it last night, spent 30 mins getting into an EU server but I had company so it wasn't too bad. I learned the basics of inventory and crafting but couldn't get any further because there was no loot anywhere. Hopefully the extra EU servers and loot bug fix will be all sorted in the next few hours so I can try it again after work. Have the servers really been down for 9 hours now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

tried it last night, spent 30 mins getting into an EU server but I had company so it wasn't too bad. I learned the basics of inventory and crafting but couldn't get any further because there was no loot anywhere. Hopefully the extra EU servers and loot bug fix will be all sorted in the next few hours so I can try it again after work. Have the servers really been down for 9 hours now?

Severs were down for about 14 hours, they've been back up since around 2. Lots of loot now though.

Severs were down for about 14 hours, they've been back up since around 2. Lots of loot now though.

Guns arnt common now are they?

Rather the weapons themselves would be a bit rarerer and ammo a bit less so.

• Advertisement

They seem fairly common alright, ammo is still hard to come by though..

Advertisement