Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Noxin wrote: »
    This will change by Tuesday when EU gets a **** load more servers :)

Read some lad asking SOE on reddit for a filter to filter out the EU servers, there's **** all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Varik wrote: »
    Servers are coming back up after patch, anyone want to meet up.

Join a US, fps only, headshot only server most haven't any wait times.

What server you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Read some lad asking SOE on reddit for a filter to filter out the EU servers, there's **** all of them.

Fukc all at the moment yea. But come Tuesday there is supposed to be a lot more. Hopefully anyway. We need to avoid the 1-2 hour queues.

That said, I got discon earlier a few times and managed to get straight back in. I hope that means they put in a quick logon system wherein you get disconnected, if you reconnect within x minutes, you'll jump the queue.

I'm well up with my toon atm in regards to discovered recipes etc but i'll happily start again if it means a server will not have queues. We'll see during the week.

Supposed to be a patch tonight for the loot issue. That'll be nice.

And they're now working on the consta rain issue :P

What server you on?

Dreadlands and will******* are the US one I was trying, on EU it was badlands.

Dreadlands and will******* are the US one I was trying, on EU it was badlands.

Varik mate I'll hang out until they set the new servers but after that how we pick one and roam the wastes in a pair? Strength in numbers an all that..
    Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

How playable is this in its current state compared to Dayz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

is the early access for pc only? or for ps4 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Probably best to ask in a week. Numbers will drop off, servers will be more stable and people will get a better look at what the actual state of the game is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ Big Knox, its very playable, smooth framerate,when servers are up theres little lag or desync,the only issue i had was the silly hunger thirst rate but they have patched that, i wont get to try it out till later.

Changes to loot and item spawn/respawn
    Hunger and thirst vitals have been decelerated. You don't get hungry and Thirsty as fast now!
    Dew collectors and rabbit traps should function on live properly now
    Battle Royale: Some loot items we're blocked from being collected. This has been corrected.
    Battle Royale: Some messages were being spammed excessively. This has been corrected.
    Battle Royale: The contents of airdrops have been fixed and now have the appropriate BR style loot
    Battle Royale: Fixed an issue with the mysterious "crafting ingredient" bag appearing when a player dies
    Adjusted some foraging rules
    The houses in Lone Pine Development have had their placements corrected
    Fixed some areas where players were getting stuck (hardware store, shelves, etc)

Thank feck for the hunger and thirst vitals decelerated,that was a game breaker for me and why i was possibly going to get a refund.
    In fairness apart from few EU servers it was the only real issue i had with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Wont be propely starting this till during the week as im playing the evolve beta! Will try get on a server with a few peeps and have the craic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Big Knox wrote: »
    How playable is this in its current state compared to Dayz?

Currently it's in a better state, ie. more stable(finally) & more content & things to do.

Anyone feel that energy is dropping quicker atm?

Noxin wrote: »
    Anyone feel that energy is dropping quicker atm?

Yep I'm getting that.

Played for 6 hours last night and I'm impressed. Its quite stable and I must afmit, less buggy than dayz.

Shotguns are op and scopes could do with a bit of a clean up, its quite hard to confirm kills through them.

A list of people on server would be good and a crafting list, I still don't know how to make a bow.

This is going to be a fun game. Better than dayz? Probably not but has some major advantages and I can see it rapidly advancing

A list of people on server would be good and a crafting list, I still don't know how to make a bow.

Go to your inventory and click on discovery, add items there and it gives the recipe of what you can make. Sticks and cloth will give a bow, which you can then make in crafting.

yeah i worked it out but didnt know how to make cloth! for the first 3 hours, i couldnt find any loot other than empty water bottles so had to resort to punching other people and robbing them! So i couldnt get materials for the bow to make one.

Then i joined an EU server and first thing i found was shotgun and shells and a bag. Then got sniped!

Playing today, a lot of friendly people. Some looking to lunch your head clean off but a lot of interaction. Ammo is rare, found a few m9a1s but no ammo. Got shot with one mind you so it is in game, 1 shot was all it takes.

I'm not a fan of the headshot only server idea, I don't know why its in.

Hoardes are funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Heashot only is for zombies I think?

Found my first car today with all the parts already in it, picked up 2 french dudes but I'd no idea what they were talking about :pac:

Playing today, a lot of friendly people. Some looking to lunch your head clean off but a lot of interaction. Ammo is rare, found a few m9a1s but no ammo. Got shot with one mind you so it is in game, 1 shot was all it takes.

I'm not a fan of the headshot only server idea, I don't know why its in.

Hoardes are funny!

It's headshot only for zombies, like as it's depicted in most media. Playing mostly on one of these in the US, there isn't a EU I don't think.

You can still hit a player a few times in the ass and kill them. Found people are more likely to work together due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Holding out on buying this at the moment. How's it playing? I've been following the reddit/steam reviews and it seems things are picking up post-patch but still pretty buggy? (AI, Zombies, Server lag)

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Holding out on buying this at the moment. How's it playing? I've been following the reddit/steam reviews and it seems things are picking up post-patch but still pretty buggy? (AI, Zombies, Server lag)

Play on Us server and little lag spikes, Zombies are currently set to easy and there's comparable amounts to dayz bit numbers are set to increase.

Another patch out today, with lots of feedback on reddit. Few issues like arrows and some base building stuff but nothing major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Picked this up last night,hope to give it a go tonight.

Are PvE servers a thing yet or are they coming later?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Picked this up last night,hope to give it a go tonight.

Are PvE servers a thing yet or are they coming later?

They get boring quick, but they're there. It'll maybe help you learn the crafting system as it's a bit safer but it gets old fast.

None on EU servers but there's little lag on Us sercers, not like you're likly to get on a EU server until the new ones come out tomorrow in any case.

They get boring quick, but they're there. It'll maybe help you learn the crafting system as bit safer but it gets old fast.

None on EU servers but there's little lag, not like you're likly to get on a EU server until the new ones come out tomorrow.

Cool thanks man,im just looking to do a bit of discovery,familiarise myself with the controls and the likes in peace before i venture into the PvP servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cool thanks man,im just looking to do a bit of discovery,familiarise myself with the controls and the likes in peace before i venture into the PvP servers.

loving the game so far, but while you mention it about the controls sadly if you are a left handed person there is no editing them as of yet. other than that game and environment smooth and easy to interact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

loving the game so far, but while you mention it about the controls sadly if you are a left handed person there is no editing them as of yet. other than that game and environment smooth and easy to interact.

You can edit the controls in a config file in the game directory. Awkward, but it's the only way to do it right now.

You can edit the controls in a config file in the game directory. Awkward, but it's the only way to do it right now.

cheers might have a look at that then, thanks irish man. how are we by the way. long time, might get a battle or two going with you and your buddys in this some time, like the old days in the dayz mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is it better playing it keyboard/mouse or using a gamepad (like the xbox)?

I think I'll hold off buying it for another patch or two, see how things pan out. I need to rope together a gang to play with anyway.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is it better playing it keyboard/mouse or using a gamepad (like the xbox)?

I think I'll hold off buying it for another patch or two, see how things pan out. I need to rope together a gang to play with anyway.

up till now i have been playing with a xbox controller only cos i never thought of going into the directory and changing the controls for left handed set up. but i havent found it to bad with it.

Shredding all your Clothes gives 8 cloth to make a satchel and a bow, you get 300 inventory space instead.

• Advertisement

Are half hour wait times for the servers normal?

Not got much time tonight so may leave it till another night when more EU servers come online to have a go

Advertisement