Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Cleggs post on Reddit RE. The Airdrop Hysteria
    Hey guys, first I want to say thank you to all of you, even the ones that are very upset with us. We have received an overwhelming amount of support and feedback from everyone and the dev team is all working hard on all of the current issues and I appreciate your patience as we try to get H1Z1 up and running smoothly. We are a little over 24 hours in and it has been and absolute roller coaster.
    2nd I wanted to address what I said in an earlier stream with NGTZombies prior to our release. I said you cannot buy a gun or ammo and it had to be found in the world. When you are on a stream, and you are talking about your game, you tend to talk a million miles an hour both to keep the information flowing and to keep it entertaining. But sometimes things get said without completely thinking about what you are saying 100% through. H1Z1 is a massive game with a lot of systems, some of which we were tuning every day and finishing last minute. When I said you can't buy any guns or ammo, I completely disregarded the possibility of airdrops and meant that you can't buy a gun or ammo and have it go into your starting loadout, or your loadout immediately like you were buying a gun from the gun store.
    All that being said, I totally understand how what I said was at the time lying to you guys and I apologize. But please understand that's not what I was trying to do. For those of you that don't know me or understand me, know that I'm not trying to be this monster that is conniving and lying in hopes that you get tricked into buying the game. I am very passionate about making video games and I want more than anything in the world for people to love the games that I am a part of making.
    The dev team loves airdrops, and in testing, every time we used one, they were highly contested where the person who actually called in the airdrop had to earn it through a gladiator style brawl. They usually weren't the one that ended up with the airdrop but no matter what, the person who called it in was satisfied with the event that they got to make happen. That event is the magic we are trying to capture with everyone. The last thing we want is it to be a boring item that someone can sneak around and quietly get to find gear without it being contested. In our opinion that is basically cheating and nobody should be able to do that.
    Whether you agree with us or not, that is how we want airdrops to work. We are going to be tuning them throughout early access until we can get them to work that way, here are the first pass initial changes.
    1) Make the plane move slowly (53% of current) This increases the ability for other players to react to the plane coming in.
    2) Make the drop fall more slowly (80% of current) This increases the ability for other players to react to the plane coming in.
    3) Less accurate maximum drop radius (was 250m now 700m, so with these settings it would drop up to 700m from the calling player)
    4) New minimum distance of 250m for airdrops to appear from a player. This is a little less than ½ the player density of 700m distance with 120 players on a server. Therefore more players are likely to be near the airdrop when deployed.
    5) Increase the minimum number of required players to 120 (a little higher after more discussion about player density being important to keeping airdrops contested)

H1Z1 Airdrop Events and drop percentages
    65% chance to call in one of these airdrops

The Caveman
    Bow 1x
    Bundle of Arrows 2x
    Torch 1x
    Waist pack 1x
    7 Zombies
    The Welder
    Wrench 1x
    Hammer 1x
    Metal Sheets 4x
    Metal Pipes 2x
    Weapon Repair Kit 1x
    7 Zombies
    The Medic
    First Aid Kits 2x
    Bandages 5x
    Cloth 6x
    Purified Water 2x
    Saline 2x
    7 Zombies
    The Demolition Man
    IED 2x
    Lighter 1x
    Landmine 1x
    Flares 2x
    Smoke Flare 2x
    Ethonol 1x
    7 Zombies
    The Builder
    Nails 20x
    Furnace 1x
    Logs 4x
    Metal Bits 10x
    Scrap Metal 10x
    Wood Axe 1x
    7 Zombies
    The Farmer
    Tamper 10x
    Corn Seeds 10x
    Wheat Seeds 10x
    Fertilizer 10x
    Purified Water 5x
    7 Zombies
    The Hiker
    Motorcycle Helmet 1x
    Military Backpack 1x
    Goggles 1x
    Binoculars 1x
    Compass 1x
    7 Zombies

12.5 % chance to call in one of these airdrops

Life of the Party
    IED 5x
    Swizzle 20x
    Moonshine 15x
    Flare 30x
    7 Zombies

10.0% Chance to call in this airdrop

The Hobo
    Shotgun 1x
    Shells 12x
    Moonshine 2x
    Torch 1x
    Twine 1x
    Bear Sandwich 1x
    7 Zombies
    The Lone Wolf
    Pistol 1x
    Ammo.45 14x
    Logs 2x
    Wolf Sandwich 1x
    Animal Trap 1x
    Deer Bladder 2x
    7 Zombies

Thank you guys for being patient with us!
    -Arclegger

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2sopo9/update_about_airdrops_and_my_personal_apology/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

yup I saw that. I like it. Those airdrops are not that bad imo.

Only a 10% chance at an actual weapon and of that 10%, only the shotty is a very dangerous one. 12 shots included is not too bad either.

Happy with the fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone playing now.

Downloaded patch, I'd the game set to stop background updates for some reason on steam.

I'm on alright. Getting killed by hunting parties a lot. But great fun. Lots of discovery done amd really enjoying it. No discons.

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    I'm on alright. Getting killed by hunting parties a lot. But great fun. Lots of discovery done amd really enjoying it. No discons.

Been in a queue for ages, which server you on now.

managed to bluff my way with an empty assault rifle.

Varik wrote: »
    Been in a queue for ages, which server you on now.

managed to bluff my way with an empty assault rifle.

Outpost I think it's called. Only weapons I've found so far have been melee.

Noxin wrote: »
    Outpost I think it's called. Only weapons I've found so far have been melee.

I was expecting the map and pop size to be much bigger, even with more servers with characters and building being server specific it'll be an issue.

The map is going to grow quite quickly

So I've the premium version even though I only bought the standard. At least on one server trying to get into another to see if it's still under my account items.

Confirmed

Not only do I have premium but I've the standard added onto it.

335423.jpg

ktulu123 wrote: »

Hopefully player count does as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 SleeplessSteve

I think there's a lot more work needed before they can even think of expanding the map.

Edit: I think 10% chance of getting any decent weapon is still too high. Should be around 5% or so.

Bah, just got disconnected.

187 queue :(

I think there's a lot more work needed before they can even think of expanding the map.

Edit: I think 10% chance of getting any decent weapon is still too high. Should be around 5% or so.

Well it's 10% of getting a weapon in a airdrop doesn't mean you're the one going to get it, and they're only handguns and shotguns (more than most) it not like it's AR and scoped rifles.

Well it's 10% of getting a weapon in a airdrop doesn't mean you're the one going to get it, and they're only handguns and shotguns (more than most) it not like it's AR and scoped rifles.

So far in the world all I've found have been axes and combat knives. Given that I assume the chance of finding anything like a handgun or shotgun is pretty low, and giving people the chance to pay for a better drop chance is bs in my books.

So far in the world all I've found have been axes and combat knives. Given that I assume the chance of finding anything like a handgun or shotgun is pretty low, and giving people the chance to pay for a better drop chance is bs in my books.

Rip you shirt and get some stick to make a bow.

Yea I've not managed to find any cloth yet to discover the bow. Loot still seems to be an issue. I get very little. A few empty bottles and the odd axe. I did manage to find metal sheets though which allowed me to discover metal shack., pole, combat knife. Machete and a few other bits. Was happy with that :P

Rip you shirt and get some stick to make a bow.

I've done that but shotgun>bow, unless you're Robin Hood or Legolas.

Little lag on the US servers, thought it'd be hard to play.

240 people in queue ahead of me for a High server and then there's all the very high!

Seem those yelling and whining are in the minority and probably didn't buy the game in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Played for a good while on a US server and it was a lot of fun. Found a good few cars as well, I had all the parts but couldnt find a battery. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

So eager to play this that I dug out my windows 7 disk, so installing a fresh os and getting rid of windows 10, would have been done already but I installed the wrong version and had to re do it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

By far the biggest issue is energy and hydration % drops way too fast.
    I got my energy up to 100% after eating a tine of beans only for it to drop to 20% in less than 10 minutes game time, thats just idiotic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    By far the biggest issue is energy and hydration % drops way too fast.
    I got my energy up to 100% after eating a tine of beans only for it to drop to 20% in less than 10 minutes game time, thats just idiotic.
    I'd drop in energy having to smell your farts as well :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Levelcap sums it up well in its current state.

Might call it a night with H1Z1. I've been here all day... but what a day it was.

Randomly climbed a hill only to find a crafted storage chest. Whats inside?

Only an M1911A1 and AR15. Along with quite a bit of metal, cloth, car parts and plenty of other junk. I was shocked. I grabbed the guns and made for the hills. Made it without being seen by a horde of bandits so crafted myself a shack and storage chest. Next while was spent going back and forth between the chest and my house to steal everything I could. Was savage.

Absolutely loving the game. My only beef at the moment is not being able to set a spawn point. I died earlier and it was one hell of a walk to find my shack again. We need sleeping bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

A very general question, that can only be answered on the game as it stands now (and not any future changes/improvements etc)... But what exactly are they trying to do differently than DayZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I have to wait 57 minutes to get into a server???? This the same for all servers? Wait times. Jesus wept.

On the plus side i eventually got windows 7 re-installed and im very close to playing now! Might aswell OC my processor while im waiting!

I have to wait 57 minutes to get into a server???? This the same for all servers? Wait times. Jesus wept.

On the plus side i eventually got windows 7 re-installed and im very close to playing now! Might aswell OC my processor while im waiting!

Join a US server, pings are fine & usually no lag

Servers are coming back up after patch, anyone want to meet up.
    Join a US server, pings are fine & usually no lag

Join a US, fps only, headshot only server most haven't any wait times.

• Advertisement

This will change by Tuesday when EU gets a **** load more servers :)

Advertisement