Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What women like in men...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 snowflaked

Guys who think of others more than their own interests.

Guys who are modest- any guy into selfies is red carded, put away the six pack and leave it as a surprise to someone special to appreciate

Guys who are positive and see the best in any situation and in people too

Guys who can make a girl laugh and laugh with a girl- you got to laugh at our craziness

Physical traits- some element of strength, happy smile and eyes, fit and healthy

😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

snowflaked wrote: »
    Guys who think of others more than their own interests.

Guys who are modest- any guy into selfies is red carded, put away the six pack and leave it as a surprise to someone special to appreciate

Guys who are positive and see the best in any situation and in people too

Guys who can make a girl laugh and laugh with a girl- you got to laugh at our craziness

Physical traits- some element of strength, happy smile and eyes, fit and healthy

😊

Just checking this all fine to apply to women too, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

On the subject of beards: Anyone got any good tips for conditioning one? Would you use regular shampoo/conditioner or is there a secret special serum for making the hair look glorious? Asking out of curiosity. I like beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Juanmorethyme

McChubbin wrote: »
    On the subject of beards: Anyone got any good tips for conditioning one? Would you use regular shampoo/conditioner or is there a secret special serum for making the hair look glorious? Asking out of curiosity. I like beards.

Just normal conditioner works a treat

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Shampoo and conditioner as per the hair on the head :) Also: combing it helps with loose hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

entropi wrote: »
    Shampoo and conditioner as per the hair on the head :) Also: combing it helps with loose hair.

It also help soften facial hair....no beard rash :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

McChubbin wrote: »

You can get beard oil, I've never used it but seen ads for it on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/user/thebeardbaron <<<This guy sells some on his website.

You can get beard oil, I've never used it but seen ads for it on youtube,

You've blown my mind! :-) Is their a beard/facial hair forum??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

Bafucin wrote: »
    You've blown my mind! :-) Is their a beard/facial hair forum??

I've no idea but there should be ! :D

I've no idea but there should be ! :D

There is a facial hair and hats forum. They have a daily shave thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Don't understand how skinny is number 2 on that list. From what I've observed the majority of women wouldn't really be attracted to skinny men. Heck, I even reckon they prefer men with a bit of weight on them than a stick, which isn't good news for me considering I'm skinny :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Don't understand how skinny is number 2 on that list. From what I've observed the majority of women wouldn't really be attracted to skinny men. Heck, I even reckon they prefer men with a bit of weight on them than a stick, which isn't good news for me considering I'm skinny :(

Tis an American site. Skinny seems to just mean 'not fat' in the US. Versus the 'skin and bones' kinda meaning it has here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

The media tells women what they want. :) Por ejemplo, the recent fad with beards.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    The media tells women what they want. :) Por ejemplo, the recent fad with beards.

Recent?

Hardly!

14265.jpg

Fighting them off with a willow stick he was . . .

Not just women either! Every mans' infatuation with Angelina Jolie and the woman every girl would kiss etc. blah. blah. blah..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Not getting this recent beard fad........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

EdenHazard wrote: »

Translation - I cant grow a beard yet so its obviously a fad.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I was dating a girl for the last month or two. She rang me and told me there wasn't any chemistry from her side. A bit of a blow to the ego alright, especially after I paid for 2 expensive dinners :eek: Anyway she probably did me a favour, I was a little bit meh about the whole thing too. I got me wondering what I was doing wrong, I was funny, confident, open, a gentleman, I'm not bad looking, etc. In fairness she wasn't exactly a supermodel either if I'm honest, you'd also think a girl in her thirties would be a bit more willing to engage and perhaps give it more of a go. Sounds like I'm bitter but I'm really not, just wondering what I should take from this :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

lufties wrote: »
    I was dating a girl for the last month or two. She rang me and told me there wasn't any chemistry from her side. A bit of a blow to the ego alright, especially after I paid for 2 expensive dinners :eek: Anyway she probably did me a favour, I was a little bit meh about the whole thing too. I got me wondering what I was doing wrong, I was funny, confident, open, a gentleman, I'm not bad looking, etc. In fairness she wasn't exactly a supermodel either if I'm honest, you'd also think a girl in her thirties would be a bit more willing to engage and perhaps give it more of a go. Sounds like I'm bitter but I'm really not, just wondering what I should take from this :cool:

Sometimes its just not there, no logical reason as such

Tasden wrote: »
    Sometimes its just not there, no logical reason as such

This

Don't beat yourself up.

Re-group, and go again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

What do you mean by this? Presumably she was giving it a go by dating for a month or two. Do you think because she was in her thirties she should just stay in the relationship for the sake of it?

• Advertisement

Katgurl wrote: »
    What do you mean by this? Presumably she was giving it a go by dating for a month or two. Do you think because she was in her thirties she should just stay in the relationship for the sake of it?

He never used the word 'relationship'

I think he means she could have made more of an effort

No not at all, we live far-ish from each other and used to meet in mutual place, I just felt that to get to know someone properly its better to do it in a more comfortable environment. Regarding her being in her 30s, lets face it most of us become less choosey than we are in our 20s, me included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

He never used the word 'relationship'

I think he means she could have made more of an effort

yes and she dated him for 1 or 2 months. so how is that not making an effort with someone she felt very little chemistry with? I don't know why guys take it so personally anyway when somebody doesn't fancy them anyway, it's not an indication of how goodlooking they are, just if there is a connection there or not - i have been absolutely wild about a few guys that are in no way typically goodlooking and being left cold by some guys that i know in the looks scale definitely surpass me. That's why I don't think lists like the one in the OP are really relevant when it comes to what women want; i've never been too bothered about looks. Men are obviously much more visually driven.

Oh and to get back to the OP - wtf is up with no9 being so far down that list?

yes and she dated him for 1 or 2 months. so how is that not making an effort with someone she felt very little chemistry with? I don't know why guys take it so personally anyway when somebody doesn't fancy them anyway, it's not an indication of how goodlooking they are, just if there is a connection there or not - i have been absolutely wild about a few guys that are in no way typically goodlooking and being left cold by some guys that i know in the looks scale definitely surpass me. That's why I don't think lists like the one in the OP are really relevant when it comes to what women want; i've never been too bothered about looks. Men are obviously much more visually driven.

Oh and to get back to the OP - wtf is up with no9 being so far down that list?

You are right, men are more visually driven at first but there has to be a connection too. I'm currently living with a pretty russian girl, but have no attraction for her whatsoever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

you'd also think a girl in her thirties would be a bit more willing to engage and perhaps give it more of a go.
    I don't know why guys take it so personally anyway when somebody doesn't fancy them anyway

Men are obviously much more visually driven

Mod note - enough with the lazy generalisations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

strobe wrote: »
    Tis an American site. Skinny seems to just mean 'not fat' in the US. Versus the 'skin and bones' kinda meaning it has here.

I don't know about that, I migh try and dig out a better link later but I read in New Scientist a while back that woman are attracted to skinny men because it shows they have a strong immune system.

http://www.livescience.com/25079-females-prefer-thin-over-macho.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Actually what I find interesting, but unfortunately its easy to come seem a bit racist when talking about it is the difference in attraction between men and woman in terms of dark skin, the rate of inter-racial relationships (running of US stats but I would hazard its the same in Europe) is hugely different between genders. I have heard the 'out-breeding' idea put forward as an explanation but that has never made much sense to me 'scientifically' as males should be subject to exactly the same evolutionary drive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Mayweather vs Maidana

Maybe it felt to her like you were buying her time, that you felt beneath her. I think most women essentially like a man who is cooler than they are in order to have chemistry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Mayweather vs Maidana

snip

• Advertisement

I think there are trends in attraction and many, many, many exceptions.

Some because of nature, nurture or just quirks picked up from early experiences.

I like what I like in a lady and it's not a source of pride or shame. I imagine i'll have to make compromises but that's life.

Advertisement