Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What women like in men...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah the ass thing is pretty weird although numerous girls have said I've a savage ass, even a few girls with boyfriends said they would for my glutes alone...

I think women like a good body in general...being toned is obviously a big help to lads but I know girls who think even big rugby lads are unattractive...tbh I think a physique like Gaz from Geordie Shore/Tyler Durden/skinny ripped is perfect especially for that age group. You can tell he goes to the gym and looks after himself, got his 6 pack etc. but you also know he isn't a gym freak...I think that's what the majority of girls favour...it is true that the 6 pack always dazzles though.

But also in relation to body, it's body language. That's so so key... You can be the funniest and wittiest guy ever but words can only make you so attractive. Positive and attractive body language hits home subconsciously and well then it's game over really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Yeah the ass thing is pretty weird although numerous girls have said I've a savage ass, even a few girls with boyfriends said they would for my glutes alone...

Why is the ass thing weird? Genuinely curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It's just the ass is something that guys comment on about women normally not the other way around. Any of my girl friends have never said "oh he's hot, he's got a great ass". It's always been stuff like face, hair, eyes, smile, arms etc. I just find it quite funny when a girl says that I've a nice ass and it's the thing that made her click the buy button so to speak. I understand why women would like that but it's just weird or maybe unusual and uncommon to hear for search of a better word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Speaking as a well dressed bloke who couldn't be anymore heterosexual if I tried, it has been a common theme throughout my adult life, and not just me, ditto for some of my more well dressed colleagues and friends

As someone looking to look a lot smarter/more my age I'd have no interest in being extrovertedly stylish or stand out but well-dressed in a low-key manner in which a lady would appreciate on a second look/closer inspection.

I am a large framed chap and having lost quite a bit of weight I can consciously feel myself moving in a more confident way too. I've been told I could put on a lot of muscle if I did want to but fit and healthy looking (some muscle definition) would be my ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ok guys I just asked my sisters and the four of them said arms :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

astonaidan wrote: »

You need to get new sisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

It's interesting to me to see the difference in what men look for and what women look for. If you take a look at the ''easy on the eyes thread'' in the gentlemen's club nearly all the pictures are of women who are nearly naked but if you look on the ladies lounge at ''men who make you drool'' (I think that's what it's called, can't remember) but most of the pictures that men are fully clothed and it mainly focused on the face or maybe torso. Just interesting I think. :) And hey, you'd be surprised how much girls love arms! They can be really sexy! ;)
    Example:;)
    bourne-identity-4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

When it comes to looks tall men with nice broad shoulders and lean athletic bodies draw my attention. And eyes, I'm such a sucker for nice eyes:o
    I think it's because it's what I've been used to. All my old friends and most men in my family are tall, I'm used to tall people.
    + the protection thing as someone mentioned before, as silly as it may sound.
    Arms can be indeed sexy and nice ass is a great bonus but I certainly wouldn't go over to a fella saying 'hey, you've got a great ass, fancy a drink?':D
    I don't like the body builders' look though, very pumped men never appealed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I've been lifting weights consistently for around 11 years and done an awful lot of heavy deadlifts, squats etc. Even though I think my ass is top notch I have never had a woman comment on it. OTOH I've gotten some positive comments on my traps, arms, chest, shoulders and general build.

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I've been lifting weights consistently for around 11 years and done an awful lot of heavy deadlifts, squats etc. Even though I think my ass is top notch I have never had a woman comment on it. OTOH I've gotten some positive comments on my traps, arms, chest, shoulders and general build.

Well I'd give credit where credit is due but I would pay such compliment to anyone in private :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Id say the whole not getting complimented on the ass thing is obvious, like its way more aggressive than saying you have lovely arms
    Now in my life the most thing I get complimented on is
    Smile (:confused:)
    Legs (Im a shorts guy surfing and rugby :D)
    Eyes (I dont get it myself)
    Being Good looking (This I get, Im a uber babe ;))

Now I realise all the things I get complimented on are not the top thing so need to start padding my shorts/jeans again

This time on the back side :p:pac::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

It's just the ass is something that guys comment on about women normally not the other way around. Any of my girl friends have never said "oh he's hot, he's got a great ass". It's always been stuff like face, hair, eyes, smile, arms etc. I just find it quite funny when a girl says that I've a nice ass and it's the thing that made her click the buy button so to speak. I understand why women would like that but it's just weird or maybe unusual and uncommon to hear for search of a better word.

Were have you been??

http://youtu.be/FMogMOjIH8M?t=3m12s

Well now you know your power don't abuse it.

Also it helps if you can breath through your ears!
    :D

http://youtu.be/GJQxfEWxkzw?t=1m15s

tee hee.

astonaidan wrote: »

I have a 2 scars on my forearm from a double compound fracture.

Ladies will just have to deal.

I honestly think I have great shins/calves less so, decent thighs from exercise and I would spend 12 months in shorts if I could.

I get complimented on being tall and wide-shouldered. The non-locals like the red hair which is reciprocal.

Morf wrote: »

I honestly think I have great shins/calves less so, decent thighs from exercise and I would spend 12 months in shorts if I could.

I get complimented on being tall and wide-shouldered. The non-locals like the red hair which is reciprocal.

Scars are sexy. It was agreed on in another thread a while back :D

Oh God, I hate beards!! Never ever got that attraction! Yeah stubble can be nice. The slight roughness is a nice feeling!:o

It's hard to explain and I'm probably the only one who feels like this, but it's just...I think it's because I'm small and slight as well that just you feel safe around a man with nice broad shoulders, :o like he can protect you..from what I don't know, but it just feels like to me like an instinctual thing that I'm attracted to it. A nice tall guy with broad shoulders....I just love it! :o

Hate stubble...either beards or clean shaven. I do NOT like the roughness OUCH.

czechlin wrote: »

Great.

One choice "f" word in there.

My lack of confidence must really show itself on my online dating profile based on the number of replies I get. :pac:

Whilst they do not detract from overall sexiness I don't men thinking they have to go into a couple of fights. :(

Vulnerability and the quiet type can be very sexy to me!

There is no love like gentle love :)

Lou.m wrote: »
    Whilst they do not detract from overall sexiness I don't men thinking they have to go into a couple of fights. :(

I never said all women like scars. I'm not scar obsessed, I'm not into the rough/dodgy kind of men but I know few, who have a facial scar. And it has nothing to do with vulnerability or their quietness. One of them had quite a large scar on his cheekbone due to an accident as kid. He was quite conscious about it, I thought it was incredibly sexy. I don't think lads would be purposely looking for fights to get scars in an order to attract the ladies ;)

• Advertisement

I like the type of guy that doesn't have to constantly talk talk talk because he feels he has to say something. The quiet, sensitive, but kind guy is nice. Feels like he's considering what he says. He strong and able to handle himself but he can become soft and kind when needed, that's sexy! I hate negative guys too, the type that always find something wrong or can never relax an just enjoy the moment but most find something to complain about. I find it hard to be around those type of people.

Actually, my mum (though I do love her) is very like that, no matter where we go, she has to find something to complain about. For example the family went out to dinner for my birthday and she was complaining the whole time about the service and anything she could, loud enough so the staff could hear. I was really sick of listening to her as her complaining every five seconds to the rest of the people at the table didn't make the food appear any faster. I just hate those types of people.

I like the type of guy that doesn't have to constantly talk talk talk because he feels he has to say something. The quiet, sensitive, but kind guy is nice. Feels like he's considering what he says. He strong and able to handle himself but he can become soft and kind when needed, that's sexy! I hate negative guys too, the type that always find something wrong or can never relax an just enjoy the moment but most find something to complain about. I find it hard to be around those type of people.

Actually, my mum (though I do love her) is very like that, no matter where we go, she has to find something to complain about. For example the family went out to dinner for my birthday and she was complaining the whole time about the service and anything she could, loud enough so the staff could hear. I was really sick of listening to her as her complaining every five seconds to the rest of the people at the table didn't make the food appear any faster. I just hate those types of people.

This is incredibly rude, no way I would let anybody get away with such behaviour. Especially at my own birthday dinner. Some people are just piece of work...:mad:

I had a fight holding onto my handlebars and I lost.

I'm not sure if if ever had a girl say they really like it or dislike it though (the main visable one, the other is far less so).

I had a fight holding onto my handlebars and I lost.
    I'm not sure if if ever had a girl say they really like it or dislike it though (the main visable one, the other is far less so).

The girls are probably too busy complimenting your shoulders, shins and red hair to even notice the scars! :P

This is incredibly rude, no way I would let anybody get away with such behaviour. Especially at my own birthday dinner. Some people are just piece of work...:mad:

I was incredibly annoyed and made it clear to my mum but she just acted like I had no right to tell her to close her mouth because she's the parent! :mad: It really annoyed me and put a kind of downer on the night for me tbh, when you have someone b*tching and moaning that the service is so slow or this is not right etc. but my mum seems to take no notice of her behaviour when she does that and just laughs it off at the end of the night as if it was no big deal!:mad: Mothers!:p

Her complaining did not make the meals come any faster and they were fairly busy. I didn't bother me at all, I think I'm fairly patient in that regard. Things just happen and you just have to relax let it happen. I'd be immediatley turned off a guy if he's constantly complaining or can't just relax, let it go and enjoy himself. TBH, it's draining being around that kind of negative mentality.

The girls are probably too busy complimenting your shoulders, shins and red hair to even notice the scars! :P

It's was so obvious! It was right in front of my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭BQQ

Wibbs wrote: »
    There would be a large cultural influence too I'd imagine. Just like with female beauty. EG I have found Irish men tend to prefer women "with a bit of meat on the bones", whereas Spanish men would tend to prefer thinner women. I'd say similar is in play the other direction. I've heard enough Irish women say they prefer a "cuddly" man and have never heard that elsewhere.

A relatively new phenomenon.

In the old Brehon Laws, a man being fat was grounds for divorce.

BQQ wrote: »
    A relatively new phenomenon.

In the old Brehon Laws, a man being fat was grounds for divorce.
    The Brehon Laws were pretty kick ass! :D Bring 'em back I say? Its amazing how we actually regressed when it came to some of the Brehon Laws!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭the blunder years

I always wonder about these lists do people check them off in their head when the meet someone, or are they particularly attracted to those traits. Like if your soulmate doesn't have a great ass, are they truly your soulmate. I know the list is light hearted and of course everybody has their personal preferences, but at times its cheap stereotyping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

On the subject of facial hair, I like neat and tidy beards. My ex had a particularly bushy one, however, and it was gross pulling hairs out of my mouth when we kissed. Scruffy hobo beards are not nice but something short, well groomed and regularly conditioned is perfectly fine by me.
    I also enjoy a man in a suit because I think they look smart, presentable and ravishing. It's true what they say- suits are the male equivelent of lingerie! :D
    I also enjoy a British accent... this one in particular... it sounds so sofisticated and elegant.

Advertisement