Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior (Jim Hellwig)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Were his dad and grandfather roid heads too? Was there a history of heart problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Can't believe the warrior is gone.:( was my favorite wrestler, loved everything from the entrance, the music, the mad interviews. I think he entrance is probably the best there has ever been in the wwe.:)

R.I.P Warrior, your energy and excitement will be missed.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This morning I was shocked and saddened to hear that a childhood hero had passed away someone who gave my childhood some amazing fun times watching wrestling.

RIP Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just read the news on RTE's Aertel news. I can't believe it.

RIP.

Absolutely gutted, as bad as it is for his family, they will always have that great night to look back at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Loved watching him, remember the match when he came up against hulk hogan. Some fight that was pure entertainment ended up a draw when they knocked each other out!

Those were the days.

R.I.P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

My favourite wrestler as a kid.

After seeing him on tv this week I can't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Completely shocked, RIP Warrior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Like many I assumed this morning this was a hoax. Very sad to hear.

I think every one of us of a certain age loved pretending to the The Ultimate Warrior at some stage. At the time he was just the best thing every. Loud, brash and colourful. I know I rooted for him over Hogan at WM6. I certainly rooted for him in his feud with Sgt Slaughter and how I despised the "Macho King" for costing Warrior his title at Royal Rumble 1991. I think that was also the year that they faced off at WM?

On the face of it, the man died happy. Massive adulation for the few days before his untimely death, built bridges with former friends and an introduction to a new era of wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Grew up idolising the Warrior, summers spent recreating the Mania VI match and Survivor Series 90. RIP!

5 of the 8 people in that Survivor Series match are dead: Warrior, Kerry Von Erich, Hawk, Mr Perfect, Crush

• Advertisement

RIP. Very sad after watching the first few minutes of his induction speech with his mom, wife and 2 kids and seeing he's a real family man.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Absolutely shocked by this. Can't believe he is dead especially after he looked so good on HOF/Raw. A true character. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

tumblr_mb7420Au4Y1qa6za8o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 85,519 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

I am quite shocked especially over him being on Raw and finally getting into the HOF

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone else think his suggestion of someone from the production crew being awarded with hall of fame spots will go ahead now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Thank you Ultimate Warrior.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Like most, I didn't believe this when I first read it, I didn't want to and tbh how could someone be expected to considering we had all just see him 3 nights in a row (HOF, Mania & Raw) and those 3 nights for many of us were the first time seing him in such a long time and then suddenly he is gone. Its scary to think about it like that but as well as obviously sending our condolences and wishes to his family at least we all got to see him in a very happy place during his last few days, getting honoured by his peers and putting old grudges etc behind him. Far too early but a fitting end for a Legend of the industry.

krudler wrote: »
    Anyone else think his suggestion of someone from the production crew being awarded with hall of fame spots will go ahead now?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hematocyte wrote: »
    tumblr_mb7420Au4Y1qa6za8o1_400.gif

YES YES YES YES YES

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sfgt9v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It really is shocking to hear this. We just saw him on tv less than 48 hours ago. 54 is too young to pass on.

To quote the man himself "The stars alligned and the moon was just right" - The timing of his unfortunate death is something else... after coming back and letting his voice be heard again, making amends with WWE...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

heartbreaking. absolute legend. often imitated, never replicated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Genuinely shocked and deeply saddened, didn't believe it when I heard it this morning. Looked to be in good health on Raw. Glad he got to bury the hatchet and his legacy recognised. R.I.P Warrior. IAMWARRIOR.

Please tweet this or similar if you are that way inclined:
    Please honour The Ultimate Warrior by introducing the Jimmy Miranda Hall of Fame award @TripleH @StephMcMahon @VinceMcMahon @JoeyStyles @WWE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Who is jimmy Miranda?

Tinie wrote: »
    Who is jimmy Miranda?

Exactly, brah. :p

Tinie wrote: »
    Who is jimmy Miranda?
    Handled WWF's merchandise in the 80s. Warrior made money off of the merch and the TV production team made Warrior look great. Of course the other wrestlers he worked with aside from job guys played no part in it....

Was talking to a friend of mine about UW earlier and his exact words do describe the Warrior were 'A soul riddled with demons'... to which i replied ' Oh dont mention Papa Shango'

• Advertisement

RIP.

Who can ever forget his timely intervention at Wrestlemania 8 back in 1992?

I created that moment many times afterwards with my mini-makeshift wrestling ring and the figurines - the warrior, papa shango, sid justice and hulk hogan.

I will note though i had to improvise for both sid justice and papa shango so i had to use both he-man and skeletor respectively in their place :D

Advertisement