Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior (Jim Hellwig)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

This is freakish. As others have said, glad that a few wrongs got righted in the end.

One thing that struck me watching the HOF was how proud his kids looked and they were beaming throughout. They were not ashamed to have the surname Warrior. Christ. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Photo taken a few hours before he collapsed apparently. Possibly the last ever photo of him.

ubWttfNm.jpg

Such a tragedy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Can't check in work but I heard people say WWE yanked the Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    Can't check in work but I heard people say WWE yanked the Hall of Fame.

The red carpet bit is there but yeah I'm looking at the network now and can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Why would they do that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Legends never die R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

R.I.P Warrior, so shocking

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus. Sunday morning, I was watching him at the HoF. Monday morning at Mania.

Tuesday morning, he makes his first Raw appearance in 16 years, and cuts a fantastic promo thanking the fans.

Wednesday morning, he's dead. Was waking up slowly, listening to the Review a Wai guys talk about him...and see that news.

What a few days he must have had. Can't believe the timing of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'm in shock. So happy to see my childhood favourite get honoured finally this weekend. Such a fantastic thing that he got to bury the hatchet.

I hated hearing about how he'd fallen out with everyone and went a bit nuts. I found this video one day, and always go back to it. Really inspiring words when you think at all about that ugly Mr Resistance

Why would they do that??

Probably out of respect for the family.

There's a slight chance they were going to take it down for music rights reasons and re-edit it then put it back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Complete and utter tragedy.

I am genuinely saddened by it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jesus, such **** news to wake up to :(

A childhood icon to many, just glad he was able to make his peace with the WWE before he passed away.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Warrior was a good bit before my time watching wrestling, but shocking news given what happened over the whole weekend. Talk about a rollercoaster ride for the family.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was half awake when I read a tweet about this. It woke me up and got me logged on to read the story.

Real shock especially so soon after seeing him liking so happy. I guess that's one positive thing, that he managed to put an end to the negative image of him and bury the hatchet with so many.

RIP Warrior!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

RIP Warrior.

One of the greatest ever names in wrestling. Even people who don't know anything about wrestling will know who the Ultimate Warrior is. That says it all about him.
    So sad to hear about this and for it to happen just before the weekend he has just had is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Apparently Cena did some impersonations of the Warrior on the Smackdown recording so that will have to be edited out I suppose.

But the Hall of Fame is a strange one. I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to be remembered for the Hall of Fame considering everything else that has gone on. Seems like it would be respectful to keep it up there. Maybe they are just editing in an "In Memory Of" graphic or something.

Just remembering at the Hall of Fame, him coming out with his two daughters (as opposed to everyone else coming out with divas) and how proud they and his wife were of him; and vice versa. Really sad that they lost a husband and father.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Shocked. Glad he seemed to have a great few last days. RIP Warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Holy f..k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

He often had harsh, judgemental words for wrestlers who passed on too young...

Sorry for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

In a way though, I couldn't think of a nicer time to pass than after having a weekend of people telling you how much of a positive impact you've had on them and how much you meant to them in their formative years.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Grew up idolising the Warrior, summers spent recreating the Mania VI match and Survivor Series 90. RIP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

His poor children :( May he RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

RIP
    All that can be said. I feel for his family to lose him at such a young age

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Very shocked and saddened to hear that this morning. Had the pleasure of meeting him and chatting with him for a while on the way back from Summerslam last year and he was a complete gent. Especially sad given his words about his 2 young daughters at the hof ceremony. RIP Warrior :(

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Grew up idolising the Warrior, summers spent recreating the Mania VI match and Survivor Series 90. RIP!

Yup and wondering where he went Summer of 1991 and the Autumn 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cried when I read this earlier, put up and took down a post , really shocked and shook up by this, RIP Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So very sad. To be honest I thought he looked terrible on Monday and was worried that he might drop dead when he was shaking the ropes. You almost have to wonder if he'd still be here had the last four days not happened.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

This is crazy timing. Any cause of death yet? He looked in good shape on Raw and the HOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

RIP, my heart goes out to his family.

A small piece of my childhood has left, and I feel the lesser for its loss. Goodnight sweet prince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Ah no, this is just terrible news. Warrior was one of my childhood favourites. The only wrestler I liked so much as to have two toys of him. I'm gutted.

Advertisement