Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Stanford had 7 trips inside the USC 35 yard line in which they didn't score. Incredible game. So impressed by the defence. Showed we can win with style last week, showed we can win dirty this week. Give Heidari his pick of the song girls. Fight on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

For the last time for a possibly a long time.

F^ck Michigan!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just in case people don't know. You can watch the game on NBC, its not geo-blocked for Notre Dame games.

Here is the link http://stream.nbcsports.com/notre-dame/?pid=15741

Stanford had 7 trips inside the USC 35 yard line in which they didn't score. Incredible game. So impressed by the defence. Showed we can win with style last week, showed we can win dirty this week. Give Heidari his pick of the song girls. Fight on!
    I think it had less to do with USC and more to do with the Cardinals imploding. So many times they made stupid mistakes deep in Trojan territory. It wasn't about the USC D much really.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think it had less to do with USC and more to do with the Cardinals imploding. So many times they made stupid mistakes deep in Trojan territory. It wasn't about the USC D much really.

A win's a win baby. Nothing shabby about holding Stanford to 10 points and snapping a 17 game home win streak. Defence came up big at the end when it mattered. 2-0 and the Trojans roll on.

In other news, this Michigan State @ Oregon game is a cracker so far.

• Advertisement

TD Irish!!! Great start to the game.

Get in!!! 14-0, Irish looking real good.

Keeping an eye on the Ohio State/VT game as well. VT just gone up 14-7 with the benefit of a favourable call earlier on the drive but they look pretty good, the surprise win is on.

Liking this Vangorder defense!

What a throw, what a catch! 21 - 0.

Buckeyes down 21-7, they are going down tonight and their playoffs hopes with this loss I think.

Hokies could be a dark horse this year.

• Advertisement

Bad night for the Big10.

BYU 34 - 0 up on Texas!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

I'm trying to temper my expectations because I'm not sure how good Michigan are on Offence, but Van Gorder is doing incredible things with this Defence considering the players lost to the draft last year, suspended at the moment and injured. Assuming he's still around in a couple of years it could be pretty special.

I want to see some more of Bryant running the ball.

The perfect end to a fantastic performance on both sides of the ball. The D though I think deserved to have the final say. A great, great win and the Irish will be moving up a few spots after that.

Go Irish!!!

So the D didn't officially have the final say but I still think they did. :)

Buckeyes have somehow got back into this one. Well its down to great defense and the offense has finally found a way to move the ball, occasionally. All tied up at 21 apiece.

Jesus, what an awful day for the Big Ten.

Michigan shut out at Notre Dame, 31-0.
    Michigan State crushed in the second half @ Oregon, 46-27.
    Ohio State upset by visiting Virginia Tech, 35-21.
    Northwestern continuing their train wreck, losing 23-15 at home.
    Purdue losing at home to Central Michigan, 38-17.
    Nebraska scraping by FCS team McNeese State with a TD with 30 seconds left, despite being favoured by -35.
    Illinois struggling to defeat Western Kentucky 42-34.
    Iowa making a meal of beating Ball State 17-13.
    Maryland scraping by South Florida 24-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Jesus, what an awful day for the Big Ten.

Michigan shut out at Notre Dame, 31-0.
    Michigan State crushed in the second half @ Oregon, 46-27.
    Ohio State upset by visiting Virginia Tech, 35-21.
    Northwestern continuing their train wreck, losing 23-15 at home.
    Purdue losing at home to Central Michigan, 38-17.
    Nebraska scraping by FCS team McNeese State with a TD with 30 seconds left, despite being favoured by -35.
    Illinois struggling to defeat Western Kentucky 42-34.
    Iowa making a meal of beating Ball State 17-13.
    Maryland scraping by South Florida 24-17.

Woeful alright..Michigan look like muck at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Where are you guys watching college ball?

• Advertisement

ESPN, BT Sports and ESPN Player are the main resources for proper HD/HQ games.

Anything that's not on there, you'll get on sites like FirstRowSports, VIPBox etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chessrookie

jamarcus,
    SC have had a very promising start. I think Saturdays game will bring them on a ton. How do you see their season going?
    I see the ASU game as massive as I don't think SC can slow down their offense enough just yet. I also see SC running out of bodies by the end of the season when ND and UCLA will want to run on them. If SC gets momentum they could have a killer recruiting season to add to the super talent they signed this year. JuJu Smith and Co are a very talented freshman class.

On another note, it was great to see Meat Chicken get what they deserved this weekend. 38.0 would have been the ultimate revenge for the two Weiss losses, but ending their 30 year run without a shut out was great. I wonder will they try make another run at one of the Harbaughs for next year as there is no way Hoke comes back.

One last thought after seeing the great catches Jordan Westerkamp has made the last two weekends for Nebraska, is that he could have been a great target for Golson in Blue and Gold. He came so close to signing for ND 19 months ago and was a longtime ND fan, but he showed a lot of character in honouring his Nebraska commitment when ND made a serious push to flip him late in 2012.

You can also watch college games on NBC via their online player. They don't geo-block those games because they are not available over here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Still Haven't gotten around to watching last weeks games but anyway here is this weeks TV selection,

Day|Time|Channel|Game
    Friday|1am|ESPN|Buffalo Bulls v Baylor Bears
    Saturday|2pm|ESPN|College Gameday
    Saturday|5pm|ESPN|Virginia Tech Hokies v East Carolina Pirates
    Saturday|8:30pm|ESPN|Texas Tech Red Raiders v Arkansas Razorbacks
    Saturday|1am|ESPN|Oklahoma Sooners v Tennessee Volunteers
    Saturday|2am|BT Sport2|Boston College Eagles v USC Trojans

Watched the first half of the Baylor/Buffalo game last night. I've seen some of Baylor's first three games and I think they are going to go very close to winning it all this year. Petty looked great last night when he got warmed up. Their D is the difference, best its ever been and when you have an offense like they have its gonna be next to impossible to stop this team.

Minor upset watch: Virginia Tech down 7 against East Carolina deep in the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

polaris68 wrote: »
    Minor upset watch: Virginia Tech down 7 against East Carolina deep in the 4th.

21-21 now. East Carolina played not to lose and looks like it cost them.

Edit. Kick out of bounds, EC might have a chance to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

TD East Carolina. Amazing what can happen when a team actually tries to win!

• Advertisement

Georgia - South Carolina looked like kicking off after a weather delay but more lightning in the area so they're taking the players off the pitch again.

Advertisement