Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BC get the onside kick. A good run on first down, in field goal range already.

And its done and so is USC's hopes of a big season. Delighted for BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

eagle eye wrote: »
    And its done and so is USC's hopes of a big season. Delighted for BC.

What a performance. 450+ yds rushing!

It'll be interesting to see how this USC loss affects Stanford's ranking. Both teams should drop into the 20s I'd imagine?

Florida should crack the top 25 this week I think, a lot of 3-0 teams to consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

No team deserves to win a game in which they were so poor on third down, so can't have any complaints. Will still be an interesting season to see all these freshmen developing, and hopefully we can make a good bowl game.

Moving on, some nuggets from this weekend.
    Texas gave Charlie Strong a Gatorade bath after beating North Texas. From that moment of bliss, it has been all downhill. UCLA won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. Texas’ captains then had a brain fart and chose to kick off. The Longhorns will kick off to start both halves. The ref even turned the microphone off to explain to the Texas captain what he was doing. And they still chose to kick.

The stadium at opening kickoff for @ Miami this weekend:

Bxb9OV0IAAAiPKE.jpg

FAKE PUNT ALERT

lolmass.0.gif

4th and millimetres

BxdDYXMCAAANEDa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

gunnar kiel playing well in cinci pity he transferred before the golson thing last year would have been a much more interesting year with him under centre

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chessrookie

Hi,
    Whilst Gunnar Kiel had a very impressive performance at the weekend, i don't think ND were too upset to see him leave last year.
    Les Miles questioned whether he had "the chest" for College Football when he originally decomitted fro LSU to ND, whilst the word out of ND his freshman year, was that he was nowhere near as good as his high school billing (No 1 QB in the country), and that he didn't have the heart to compete for the job.
    It was telling that he quit ND about a week for Spring ball commenced last year, rather than compete with Golson and Rees throughout the Spring. For all of Tommy's faults, i don't think Gunnar would have beaten him out last year, whilst i think Malik Zaire would have surpassed him on the depth chart this year.
    The QB loss that hurts ND is Blake Barnett to Alabama, as he was committed to ND for about 10 months and he appears to be a really high end prospect. His loss increases the pressure on ND to sign one of Malik Henry or Shea Patterson in the class of 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Jameis Winston has gotten himself suspended for the 1st half of the Clemson game on Saturday.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24712971/fisher-deciding-on-discipline-for-winston-after-obscenity-incident

Stupidity of this kid is beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

polaris68 wrote: »
    Jameis Winston has gotten himself suspended for the 1st half of the Clemson game on Saturday.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24712971/fisher-deciding-on-discipline-for-winston-after-obscenity-incident

Stupidity of this kid is beyond belief.

its gettin to dropping in the draft terratory now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

Don't mean to hijack this threads but thought it was the most suitable spot...

I'm in LA on 4th October (arriving early afternoon) and would love to get to preferably the USC or secondly UCLA game. I guess due to TV schedule and how the teams do over the next two weekend dictates kickoff times? Any idea when I could know what times these kickoffs are at by looking at their schedule now? With USC's and UCLA's records would these games sell out?

Many thanks for your future replies!

franglan wrote: »
    Don't mean to hijack this threads but thought it was the most suitable spot...

I'm in LA on 4th October (arriving early afternoon) and would love to get to preferably the USC or secondly UCLA game. I guess due to TV schedule and how the teams do over the next two weekend dictates kickoff times? Any idea when I could know what times these kickoffs are at by looking at their schedule now? With USC's and UCLA's records would these games sell out?

Many thanks for your future replies!

Demand is pretty big for USC games but you should be able to pick up a ticket on the day by asking around while tailgating on campus and becoming friends with some locals ;) . Went a couple years back. Great experience and a great stadium to watch the game.

nerd69 wrote: »
    its gettin to dropping in the draft terratory now

Stupid is right. Suspended for just a half is a bit strange/ lenient though. I guess they need him for such a key game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

blockic wrote: »
    Demand is pretty big for USC games but you should be able to pick up a ticket on the day by asking around while tailgating on campus and becoming friends with some locals ;) . Went a couple years back. Great experience and a great stadium to watch the game.

Thanks for the info, was at a Clemson game two years ago. Got some strange looks when our tailgating "equipment" consisted of a foam drinks cooler, a disposable BBQ and a six pack of crisps!

franglan wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, was at a Clemson game two years ago. Got some strange looks when our tailgating "equipment" consisted of a foam drinks cooler, a disposable BBQ and a six pack of crisps!

Ha. Some massive set ups here alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Auburn vs Kansas State should be good tonight

Winston suspended for the entire game now.

There are also some unfounded and muted rumours going around that Florida State are finished with him for good. I'll believe it when I see it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Snyder complaining about Auburn stealing signals. Jesus man. If you're worried about the other team being able to tell your plays just by watching you, maybe make them a bit more complex to begin with rather than having to switch mid-stream, eh?

The Tigers ground the win out after being held in check on the ground. Never easy to go to K-State and win anyways. Solid start to the season but the big tests (and plenty of them) still await.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are the best games to watch today/tonight lads? I guess Florida State/Clemson might be interesting with no Winston.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chessrookie

Paully D wrote: »
    What are the best games to watch today/tonight lads? I guess Florida State/Clemson might be interesting with no Winston.

Clemson at FSU should be very good. FSU will not want to show any weakness to their big conference rival.
    Florida at Alabama will be interesting. How good is Florida s defence? And if Bama win well will Musgrave be on the hot seat?

• Advertisement

North Carolina @ East Carolina is my game of the day.

Will also be keeping an eye on whether Connor Holliday comes anywhere near his 89 pass attempts against Oregon last year when he faces them tonight.

Michigan State points at half time: 49
    Eastern Michigan points at half time: 0

Michigan State yards at half time: 320
    Eastern Michigan yards at half time: 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Virginia Tech-Georgia Tech has been a decent game on ESPN. Georgia Tech just blocked a FG to keep it 16-10 and within one score.

EDIT: GT just had a TD brought back for a block below the waist! Starting at their own 30 instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sat down to watch the SMU and A&M game. Texas doing some really dumb stuff on offense. An INT and umpteen penalties for holding and another for delay of game and we're not even 10 mins in.

Edit: that said, SMU don't look physically capable of getting a first down.

Bama 7 - 0 up on Florida but the Gators recovered a fumble on the bama 30. Good chance for them here.

And they take it! 7 - 7.

Another Alabama turnover! Looks like another Florida TD. Confirmed 14 - 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

SMU total offensive yards today -8.. that's a minus.

Think it's time to change to the Bama game.

Third Alabama fumble off a bad hand off from Sims!

• Advertisement

Well Florida put up the good fight for the first half of the game but the Tide have turned it on now and cut out the mistakes. Pretty impressive showing.

Cooper can break the 'Bama single game receiving yardage in this game, Julio Jones currently holds it.

Advertisement