Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Fantastic start by USC, loving what I'm seeing from the 1st quarter so far. Kessler with 2 passing TDs, both to Agholor and Kessler ran in the 3rd. JuJu Smith looks like a stud, and Buck Allen picking up where he left off last year. The D looking very good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Some dumb ass play from the Longhorns looking like it has cost me money tonight :(

I hate openers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I take it back, got out of it with a great INT return for a TD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What a catch!!

Cannot get over the playcalling by Wisconsin last night. Three possession lead in the second half, arguably the best RB in college football, and they keep attempting to pass the ball with a poor QB who shouldn't even be the starter. Gordon only had 4 touches on the second half while leading. Madness.

It's like when you're playing Madden and you know you should just run out the clock but you pass anyway because it's more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I am disgusted with Wisconsin last night. Their defensive playcalling was shocking and using nickel packages against power formations made it easy for LSU to pound the ball on the ground. They were missing 2 big key players on that D but even still their backups are just as big and powerful. Offensively they were awful and Tanner McEvoy was rubbish. Kept forcing his throws and is awful of adjusting in the pocket under pressure most of his passes of his back foot. The Oline which is usually their bread and butter struggled at times. Really not happy with the performance.

I see no reason why Bryce Petty shouldn't go number 1 overall next year. Going to request some odds from PaddyPower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Backed over 51 in the Tennessee game last night, 38-7 with 10:00 left on the clock and neither team manage any sort of score in the last ten minutes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

From what I can see:

Friday Night

00:00 BT Sport 2 Boston College Eagles v Pittsburgh Panthers
    03:30 BT Sport 2 Nevada Wolfpack v Washington State Cougars

Saturday

15:30 ESPN Live college Gameday
    17:00 ESPN Live game TBD
    20:30 ESPN Stanford Cardinal v USC Trojans #fearthetree
    00:00 BT Sport 1 Live game TBD
    00:30 Online Michigan @ Notre Dame - http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/
    01:00 ESPN Ohio State Buckeyes v Virginia Tech Hokies
    03:15 BT Sport 1 Boise State Broncos v Colorado State Rams

USC v Stanford is a huge game, I'll certainly tune in for that.
    Oregon v Michigan State is on Fox so we probably won't get that at all.
    Michagan v Notre Dame is another big one, only on NBC though so we won't get that either.

USC @ Stanford should be an absolute belter, can't wait for it. Hopefully our freshmen run riot again :D Big week for the Pac-12 between that game and the Oregon/Michigan State game. Big weekend ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Does anyone know if Fox or NBC broadcast their games online? Might be a good opportunity for watching 2 or 3 games at the same time on different devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

adrian522 wrote: »
    From what I can see:

Michagan v Notre Dame is another big one, only on NBC though so we won't get that either.

NBC streams all the home Notre Dame games globally.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

polaris68 wrote: »
    NBC streams all the home Notre Dame games globally.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

Thanks, updated my post above with that info.

I seem to remember watching an official stream for a fox game last year but can't be 100% sure, if I find a link I'll throw it up also.

Similar to the game pass, I wonder are there some sites that stream these games in the US only, where you can set Hola Unblocker to the US and stream them that way.

Well there's a similar product for ESPN but that only has the ESPN games usually. College pass it's called.

Just the games on other stations you need to go searching for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Well there's a similar product for ESPN but that only has the ESPN games usually. College pass it's called.

Just the games on other stations you need to go searching for.

It was dodgy as **** by times last year too, crashed a quite a bit, and by didn't have some of the big games last year so read up a bit on it before buying. Just don't be expecting the same quality service as NFL gamepass from it. But all the same worth looking into.

Agreed – I had college pass last year, kept it on for march madness basketball when the bowl season had finished. I then got rid of it, and wouldn’t be in a rush to get it again.

It’s nowhere near as slick a product as Game Pass and it isn’t anywhere near as reliable either. It’s not massively expensive but like someone said you aren’t actually getting all the big games so for that reason, I’m out for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Does anyone know if Fox or NBC broadcast their games online? Might be a good opportunity for watching 2 or 3 games at the same time on different devices.

Both do, as do ESPN. You'll need to have a US Cable login though. Maybe relatives in America can hook you up?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KnightLight

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Both do, as do ESPN. You'll need to have a US Cable login though. Maybe relatives in America can hook you up?

I think NBC (not NBC Sports Channel) does carry Notre Dame games live online at nbcsports.com

For any other ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, FOX, Fox Sports, CBS, CBS Sports, NBC, NBC Sports, etc...most can be found on that "certain site" about being in the first row sports in the eu.

Well a lot of the ESPN games are on TV over here anyway, it's just the odd game on Fox or whatever that I'd like to see.

• Advertisement

From what I can see:

Friday Night

00:00 BT Sport 2 Boston College Eagles v Pittsburgh Panthers
    03:30 BT Sport 2 Nevada Wolfpack v Washington State Cougars

Saturday

15:30 ESPN Live college Gameday
    17:00 ESPN Tulsa Golden Hurricane v Oklahoma Sooners
    20:30 ESPN Stanford Cardinal v USC Trojans #fearthetree
    00:00 BT Sport 1 Auburn Tigers v San Jose State Spartans
    00:30 Online Michigan @ Notre Dame - http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/
    01:00 ESPN Ohio State Buckeyes v Virginia Tech Hokies
    03:15 BT Sport 1 Boise State Broncos v Colorado State Rams

USC v Stanford is a huge game, I'll certainly tune in for that.
    Oregon v Michigan State is on Fox so we probably won't get that at all.

Updated with 2 games on Saturday on TV (in bold)

Sweet, appreciate these TV Listings updates adrian!

Always nice to have games you've bet on shown on TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'm not a medical expert but 2 cracks to any part of your back does not sound good

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24690793/baylors-petty-day-to-day-with-back-injury

Baylor need to look at their schedule and be smart.

Target the Texas game as his return. No reason why he should be needed for an FCS Team, Buffalo or Iowa State after the bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

BwtfytgCcAEUYfS.jpg

ND sending a letter to Michigan asking them to teach their students how to play football :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just a reminder the SEC channel on You Tube have a number of full matches from the weekend games. Normally put up on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eagles D looks excellent and Tyler Murphy looks pretty awesome leading the offense. If they keep going like they've started they might be ranked after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So since my last post the Panther have had their way on both sides of the ball. Conner well over 100 yards rushing now and their D has been on top.

They really got to grips with Murphy quickly and he looks pretty ordinary now. Very surprising how the offensive playcalling changed for BC with them basically trying to run it up the gut on every down. They look excellent on the first drive but since then they have been poor.

They are down by 6 currently but it could be worse by halftime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

OldRio wrote: »
    Just a reminder the SEC channel on You Tube have a number of full matches from the weekend games. Normally put up on the Monday.

Thanks, that channel looks pretty goods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

Brock Hekking of Nevada is rocking a serious mullet

Bw0WfzSCQAAawgK.jpg:large

Advertisement