Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah agreed, not saying anyone is underestimating the job he did but in terms of skill positions are they even top 3 in the country? Subjective and all as it would be to figure out where they place

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Words cant describe how much I'm missing college football right now. I've bought a few books on Amazon to try fill the void for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1878677

Piece from the book Cane Mutiny.

Id say they were ***** for other teams to play against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

BYU long snapper Matt Foley got himself a tattoo.

It's..... it's something...

dHAhlOa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Love the bags under his eyes. Attention to detail from our Matty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pro Football Focus have started doing college. Nice!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/06/college-football-focus-has-arrived/
    An innocent remark or a cheeky request?

“What if you guys could do the college game?”

It was an offhand comment from a man we respected working in the front office of an NFL team as we discussed NFL free agency and some of the guys available to his team. It was always something that had us biting our tongue somewhat because we don’t like it when we’re unable to do something.

Fast forward two years and a lot has changed. After an arduous process of trialing, testing, and recruiting that started during the middle of the 2013 season, Pro Football Focus is proud to announced that we have gone to college and finished our first class. 870 FBS games (and a couple of All Star ones) have got the PFF treatment. Every player of every game on every play has been put the under our microscope in a project that we have very originally titled College Football Focus.

Whether you’re a five star recruit at Alabama or a walk on Iowa State you’ve got exactly the same opportunity to impress our graders, and that is the driving force behind “CFF”. We don’t want to follow the pack, but rather find things that others are not. We don’t want to confirm what you know, but make you think. We want to do more and do it more comprehensively.

While there will be no comparable premium section available for subscription to the general public, but we will be using the data to generate content that will be free for everyone to read and absorb on the site in the coming weeks. Expect profiles on players. Expect breakdowns on positional groups. Expect mock drafts on what we would do. And expect us to listen to your feedback because we’re all in on this.

College Football Focus is no longer our dream, but our reality. And we hope you enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Apparently 99,000 have turned up to watch OSU's spring game. That is crazy.

The official attendance was 99k, but at half time they annouced that it was over 100k as people were still arriving at first count.

jReR6ma.jpeg

CC5IhLiW4AAlxI6.jpg

So the Everett Golson era in South Bend is over. He's decided to transfer, and rumour has it a lot of big teams are after him, including Alabama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida State.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

So the Everett Golson era in South Bend is over. He's decided to transfer, and rumour has it a lot of big teams are after him, including Alabama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida State.

Supposedly there's some SEC by-law that may prevent him transferring to any team in the SEC.

As a Notre Dame fan I have mixed feelings about the transfer. I'm excited about the future with Zaire and committing to the run a bit more, but if he get's injured we'll be down to a redshirt freshman and a true freshman QB. There's also a chance that Golson finally sorts out the turnovers and puts together a Heisman type season.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine he'd slot into Alabama nicely given their system last year with Sims... LSU seem a bit more settled with what they have already.

Only about 12 weeks to go!

Better hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

in fairness by all accounts he was going to lose out to zaire anyway its a shame though mixing both qbs in ala the lsu game last year would have been fantastic but all in for malik.

ya an injury could be a disaster though iv tried to block out the year that gunnar kiel transferred then golson got suspended so we got stuck with tommy rees for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I'd imagine he'd slot into Alabama nicely given their system last year with Sims... LSU seem a bit more settled with what they have already.

Only about 12 weeks to go!

Better hurry.

just got sick a bit in my mouth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

nerd69 wrote: »
    in fairness by all accounts he was going to lose out to zaire anyway its a shame though mixing both qbs in ala the lsu game last year would have been fantastic but all in for malik.

ya an injury could be a disaster though iv tried to block out the year that gunnar kiel transferred then golson got suspended so we got stuck with tommy rees for a year

I don't think we'll end up in that sort of situation again, simply because if there is more of a focus on running the ball, the drop off from Zaire to Kizer (or Wimbush) is less, imo, than the drop off from Golson to Rees in a passing orientated scheme.

Ha ha - not saying I want him to succeed with them, just that he'll fit in well with their schemes.

Based on last season.

Advertisement