Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

polaris68 wrote: »
    Georgia - South Carolina looked like kicking off after a weather delay but more lightning in the area so they're taking the players off the pitch again.

And since CBS are re-showing the Iron Bowl from last year during the delay, some people think it's actually live. :pac:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/13/6145187/south-carolina-georgia-weather-delay-iron-bowl-cbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Looks like it's finally getting going.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Georgia's play calling on defence is very poor. South Carolina have men open everywhere....non existant pash rush.

Looks like Georgia failed to turn up or Carolina found something. Not sure which

Their QB, Dylan Thompson is playing well. Big improvement all round on the Texas A&M game.

Their QB, Dylan Thompson is playing well. Big improvement all round on the Texas A&M game.

In fairness he is....but it be hard not too considering the space out there. Unbelievable green spaces everywhere, he is throwing some good darts tho on the big momentum plays.

I wonder what Georgia are trying to do, they are not playing Man, they are not playing zone. They cannot blitz effectively. One thing they are doing well is shutting out those sweep passes. Let South Carolina try and run it and win, keep those linebackers back and see can he throw into a bunched field.

Gurley also needs to get moving, but the offensive line are being blown up. Its time for Richt to deliver some tough love and earn that ridicilous wage he is on. For my money the play calling is poor....they aren't using enough of there talented freshman to soften up carolina and then send in Gurley.

• Advertisement

Fine TD by Gurley.....great power on the 4th and 1.

Time for the defence to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is the game for Notre Dame where they are going to have to dig in to get the win. Purdue are doing well, if they weren't giving up penalties this game might still be level.

Irish D needs to make a stand here on this drive I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are people managing to watch the NBC sports stream?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Are people managing to watch the NBC sports stream?
    No not tonight, it was fine the first two weeks but not tonight.

Not going good here now. Come on Notre Dame, get back into this now.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, just brilliant from Everett Golson. Back in front just before halftime, fantastic stuff. Go Irish!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »
    Brilliant, just brilliant from Everett Golson. Back in front just before halftime, fantastic stuff. Go Irish!!!

Yeah, great run. He's having a great year.

They always struggle against Purdue!

Defense in particular needs to step up in the second half.

Super catch from Robinson, great drive again from Golson, keeping it alive with great plays. Now please get a stop and then put this game away.

Boston College 27 - 17 up on USC in the 3rd.

Boston College 27 - 17 up on USC in the 3rd.
    Lol, prob seen that the same time as you. Just looking away from the ND game fora second and my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

Just checking the stats out there and BC have close to 300 rushing yards with 4 tds. Tyler Murphy's stats are 5 of 11 for 54 yards with 0 tds and 1 int and 9 rushes for 71 yards. How can you be a winning a game with those stats from your QB.:eek:

Nice play from Butler, now come on Golson, put this to bed please so I can go to mine!

ND defense gets the interception. Now put this game to bed so I can go to bed!

Polaris, that is just weird, freaky even!

• Advertisement

Lol, big commitment following American football in this part of the world. They haven't fixed the time for the Syracuse game in two weeks yet. 3.30 ET please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Totally agree with Mayock that Golson is rushing too often. He will end up injured if he runs too often like that.

16 pont lead with 5.30 remaining, not enough to be certain. I have to wait up for a while yet.

In other news USC held BC deep in the red zone to a field goal. BC now lead 30-17.

Delighted with that from Notre Dame. That was a tough game and one that could have been very easily lost but they got through it and roll on.

Gonna watch the end of this USC/BC game before bed, USC have cut the lead to 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Tyler Murphy takes it to the house to pretty much put this one to bed. Thats USC out of the playoff picture I think.

And the 2 point conversion to push it out to 14 with 3.30 left on the clock. USC just can't stop the run by the looks of things.

Oops. they got called for a penalty so its a 13 point lead.

• Advertisement

USC just got a touchdown to cut the lead to 6 with over a minute left on the clock and all their timeouts intact.

This just got very interesting. It would be heartbreak for the Eagles and all their fans to lose this one at him after putting up such a great effort. I really hope they hang on.

Advertisement