Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Yes, lets change the subject and talk instead about how 'snug' my trousers are now, groan.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Yes, lets change the subject and talk instead about how 'snug' my trousers are now, groan.

I did great in the Gap sale recently - got 2 nice pairs of cropped trousers, lovely elastic waist band and plenty of 'give'. Admittedly had to go up a size (or 2) but well worth it, they've been a godsend for work! (16.95euro too was nice :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dizzymisslizzy

I wasn't expecting that so soon! My work trousers are really uncomfortable so gonna go shopping on Sunday when I'm off. Work are going to have to find new shirts for me too, between boobs and tummy, I'll need them soon :D

How is everyone after the weekend? I'm feeling more swollen today - have a nice round belly (bloating I'm sure!). Felt like a zombee yesterday and my poor hubby was more or less a single dad all day but am feeling more perky this morning thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi everyone,
    All good here I have first scan tomorrow morning so can't wait for that I will be about 12 weeks. This is my first so I am a little confused. I called the clinic and they said to just bring myself and a full bladder and I would only be 15 mins. Does anyone know when you get bloods done and what about booking appointments. I went to the doctors last month and she said the hospital should do the bloods. I know a lot of questions here buy I don't have anyone else to ask so any help is really appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ryanmrs2014

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone's symptoms have disappeared? Mine mostly have and am getting worried it could be bad news, have reassurance scan this Friday morning anyway, just so worrying. Am 9 wks & 4 days today

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone's symptoms have disappeared? Mine mostly have and am getting worried it could be bad news, have reassurance scan this Friday morning anyway, just so worrying. Am 9 wks & 4 days today

I never had that many to begin with! But only getting symptoms intermittantly - feel great most of the time then I might get the odd twinge, or bout of tiredness, but certainly not getting symptoms to the same degree as last time.
    You should start to feel better anyway around 10ish weeks (I did last time), so try not to worry (easier said than done I know!)

I wouldn't stress too much - you might just be one of the fortunate ones and are pulling out of the nauseous, tired, achy phase early.;) Wait for the scan and take it easy in the meantime, x

Hi everyone,
    All good here I have first scan tomorrow morning so can't wait for that I will be about 12 weeks. This is my first so I am a little confused. I called the clinic and they said to just bring myself and a full bladder and I would only be 15 mins. Does anyone know when you get bloods done and what about booking appointments. I went to the doctors last month and she said the hospital should do the bloods. I know a lot of questions here buy I don't have anyone else to ask so any help is really appreciated.

What hospital are you attending? My Dr did my bloods, but different places may have different approaches. If you let people know the hospital, Im sure someone here can advise you

Craving Granny Smith apples - 5 today already (!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi everyone,

He ya, good luck tomorrow! I went for a private scan today (just nearly 9 weeks but was really stressed so wanted to make sure everything is as should be)

It was all perfect anyway- delighted! Due dec 31st!

It only took about 10 mins. I'm not sure about bloods and stuff- I would have thought it would be all done in one go. Maybe it's all part of the 15 mins?

Best of luck anyway!

How did your scan go PinkShoes? Hope all is well!!

How did your scan go PinkShoes? Hope all is well!!

Hi everyone,
    Scan went great everything is looking well, feeling more relaxed now as I had no symptoms. From the scan I am over 12 weeks. We got some pictures so it's really nice to see that. Little baby is so tiny had a good strong heartbeat, still strange that there is a little person in there. Due December 1st have 20 week scan middle July. I need to call the hospital tomorrow to go through the booking appointment, they will do the bloods then.I am going to Waterford regional, decided to go private in the end. Had to give urine sample but that was fine as bladder was full. How is everyone else doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Small scan with consultant yesterday- looking like 9 weeks alright - so I'll be either last of us lot or early in Jan.... Saw little heart beat and wriggly little one- was so lovely!
    DS has a tummy bug and I don't know whether I have a touch of it-or I just have 24 hour nausea..... Feeling very sorry for myself today- here in work soldiering on but could do with someone to mind me.

Had 12 week scan in CUMH yesterday - crikey, I know people said the place was busy but gosh, was like a baby factory!
    All looking great, the difference between 8 weeks and 12 weeks was just mind blowing. S/he was actually a little person :) Back again on 30th July for next scan. Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone. I'm using my old username now. The one I had been using here was ryanmrs2014 so won't be using that anymore.
    Hope everyone is well, had a few days of feeling perfectly normal and today I woke up and got sick, felt nauseous all day so in bed for most of today. Eurghhhhh :-(
    Anyway have scan in morning at 11am so fingers crossed everything will be ok, will be 10 weeks 1 day

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone. So had my scan this morning. Well what a relief it is to see baby and a heartbeat, over the moon. According to scan I'm 9 weeks 4 days and due date now 29th Dec, so so happy :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hi all, very happy to be jumping aboard this train :) It's our first and I'm due around the 15th, super excited! I fully expect to go overdue based on my mother's experience but we shall see, I'd love to have him/her in my arms in time for Christmas. I've had a bit of nausea and fatigue but it seems to be easing a little. The back pain is a killer though. I'm already showing a little so I'll be 'coming out' at work next week too...!

Hope everyone had a great BH weekend. I caught up on a load of sleep, got plenty of naps thanks to my cooperating husband and toddler :) Still feeling knackered on and off, but the horrible light-headed stage I had last week has passed thankfully. Am 10+4 now.

Just waiting for my booking in appointment with Holles St Weds week - i'll be 12 weeks then fingers crossed.

Edit: Has anyone here decided to find out the sex of the baby? We already have a little girl and were debating whether to find out but think we're going to leave it (convinced it's another girl though, will be a shock otherwise :))

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oak2014

Hey Ladies, I am due Dec 28th Yipppeeee First baby too.

• Advertisement

Congratulations that's great news you must be delighted. We told parents during the week and started telling everyone today told gang in work and close friends they were delighted for us no one had expected it. It was as relief to be able to finally tell people.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dizzymisslizzy

11+1 here. Morning sickness is destroying me...anyone have any tips as to anything that helps? I'm living on dry crackers and ginger nut biscuits atm.

11+1 here. Morning sickness is destroying me...anyone have any tips as to anything that helps? I'm living on dry crackers and ginger nut biscuits atm.

Eek! Only got nausea intermittently really - so not really qualified to say. Though I am taking prenatal vitamins with ginger included, supposed to help? I got them in Boots in a lilac coloured box so it might be worth getting ....

Feel better soon!

Edit: You could also try ginger tea (slice of ginger in hot water) - if you can stomach it :)

Try sipping on ginger ale too - the fizz can be settling, help bring up the gas (sorry now) and the ginger helps too. Lovely with ice but watch the teeth and try not to drink loads of it! I haven't been sick at all bar being off one day on a long car drive, pulled into a petrol station, bought bottle of ginger ale and was grand, really really helped to sip it. Hope that helps!

Friends told me that as soon as we hit 12 weeks and started to inform friends, family and work etc then my 'bump' would appear.... BOOM, so true! In elasticated pants since end of last week and grand bump starting out front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Barry's do a nice ginger and lemon tea too :)

Anyone else getting mad breakouts? I'm getting spots along my chin, forehead, jawline, basically places I haven't had them since I was 15! Ah, such a magical time...

Dolbert wrote: »
    Barry's do a nice ginger and lemon tea too :)

Anyone else getting mad breakouts? I'm getting spots along my chin, forehead, jawline, basically places I haven't had them since I was 15! Ah, such a magical time...

No, but I went through a 'greaseball' stage there a few weeks back. Magical indeed :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CobwebsCottage

Hey....first post, hi everyone and congrats!

Going by early reassurance scan at a private clinic at 7+6 weeks, im 12+4 now and have my second scan on Saturday (private also)...im absolutely terrified and paranoid that ill get bad news so having this scan to prevent driving me insane (previous mmc), my symptoms seemed to fade in week ten and now i only have tiredness, a little boob tenderness and headaches, im feeling much better, which if everything is ok is great, im just crossing everything it's not because baby stopped developing in week 10.

Sorry for a downer post, just freaking out lol

So my question is.....im attending the coombe and have my first appointment (public) on the 12th, but im not sure what's going to happen, is it just to book me in, forms etc? or do they do a scan/bloods etc then too?

Anyone else going to the coombe?

Hey....first post, hi everyone and congrats!

Going by early reassurance scan at a private clinic at 7+6 weeks, im 12+4 now and have my second scan on Saturday (private also)...im absolutely terrified and paranoid that ill get bad news so having this scan to prevent driving me insane (previous mmc), my symptoms seemed to fade in week ten and now i only have tiredness, a little boob tenderness and headaches, im feeling much better, which if everything is ok is great, im just crossing everything it's not because baby stopped developing in week 10.

Sorry for a downer post, just freaking out lol

So my question is.....im attending the coombe and have my first appointment (public) on the 12th, but im not sure what's going to happen, is it just to book me in, forms etc? or do they do a scan/bloods etc then too?

Anyone else going to the coombe?

Sorry to hear about your previous mmc - can understand why you're so worried. A few friends of mine had mmcs too and i'm also petrified the same thing will happen to me. You're not alone :(

If it's any consolation, it's completely normal for your symptoms to ease around 10, 11 weeks. They did for me last time and have eased again this time.

I haven't attended the coombe myself, but your first appointment will generally be bloods, a medical background check and a dating scan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 CobwebsCottage

Thanks MrsW...nice to know im not the only neurotic one lol

ooh so I will be scanned on first visit, I didnt realise, that's why I booked the private one for sat. My last pregnancy was more than 8 years ago and ended so badly, around this time, that it's all a bit of a blur.

Also, im sure ill get a chance to ask this at my appointment but just thought id ask advice anyway....im O- blood type and had to get an Anti D shot after my d n c last time to prevent my blood attacking a future pregnancy. Any one know if it last this long? Do I need another one? Is it too late? My partner has a postive blood type so it's a little worrying....mind you milk left out of the fridge for 3 minutes is worrying me at this stage im that bad haha

Advertisement