Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Thanks for the advice ladies, will check with doctor. TBH it doesn't scare me too much about emcs, my mum had one before me & I'm an Irish twin. I've friends who have put off having more due to if been hard with one, and now feel to old. our DS, is a.good baby, on solids from 17weeks and sleeping though the night (don't think I'll get another as good, that would be too good). I'd love to have three but need to have #2 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Eeek, fair play to the ones thinking of going again, I couldn't even contemplate it right now! D isn't sitting up unaided yet and there's no sign of teeth, although he's chewing the hands off himself so he's probably not far off! Hard to believe I'm almost out of paid maternity leave already... luckily my job allows me to take some unpaid leave too. Still have no idea what childcare to use, what kind of part-time hours to ask for, urgh.

Has anyone gone away without their baby yet? I've had an overnight away already but he was with his Dad. We're going on a belated anniversary weekend away to Kerry in June so he'll be with his adoring grandparents for two nights. He's still nursing but mainly for comfort these days so I hope it won't be too hard on him.

Hey ladies,
    How's the mummy doing back at work or returning. I'm due to return in September and I'm getting anxiety about it and sometimes just wanted to cry my eyes out. I know I need to go back for myself and much as anything else but it's so hard.

Aveen wrote: »
    Hey ladies,
    How's the mummy doing back at work or returning. I'm due to return in September and I'm getting anxiety about it and sometimes just wanted to cry my eyes out. I know I need to go back for myself and much as anything else but it's so hard.

I'm putting off going back for another few months but I know exactly how you feel :( I think I'll go back part time if finances allow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm waiting until the new year to even think about it. I was offered a job about two months ago and searching for a childminder had me weepy and very upset. Then anyone I picked my husband wasn't sure of. So we decided we weren't ready for him to be looked after by someone else.

To be honest, I'd be going to a new job having left my old one when I found out I was pregnant (complicated story) so the money I'd be earning wouldn't justify getting a minder and all of the hassle and expense that comes with working. I'm sure if I had a well paid job that I enjoyed I would be more inclined to return to work.

Hey ladies,
    How's everyone getting on? My wee man on feet for two months now, where he gets his energy I don't know. Baba 2 is also due June so busy times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Great. lil man pottering about the place for the last 6 weeks. He's the most lovable little boy. Full of mischief and has the cutest sense of humour. All going well baby no. 2 due August!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Our little lady is only walking the last few weeks too. Her character coming through is just gas. Baby number 3 due in 16 days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Its great watching them grow isnt it?.. Litle Girl almost walking and due number 2 in August too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

So jealous of all ye pregnant mammies! I'm ready for the next one !

Come on Olaf make mammy happy lol.

Lol never mind him when is your wee man gonna grace us with his presence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

bobskii wrote: »
    So jealous of all ye pregnant mammies! I'm ready for the next one !

Getting so broody :(

Soon....hopefully .My doc has given me a tip that three of her patients recently have gone into Labour after getting waxed the day before. So I'm booked in for Thursday,even if I don't go in,I'm prepared lol

Lol!that's a new one

Or maybe she was just trying to give me a hint 😬😬 lol lol

Lmao lashes

Best wishes Lashes, hope all goes well. Great to hear everyone getting on well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I'm in awe of the soon to be mammies. We are still in the "huh? What are we doing?!" Stage of confusion. Congratulations on all the impending arrivals!

• Advertisement
Advertisement