Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ryanmrs2014

Oh and worked out that my EDD is Christmas Day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Oh and worked out that my EDD is Christmas Day :-)

Me too! Congrats!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dizzymisslizzy

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Me too! Congrats!!! :)

Me three! :) congrats !

Super excited about the scan tomorrow even though I know I'll see very little. At docs today with throat infection...hoping my body starts behaving itself soon! :)

Me three! :) congrats !

Super excited about the scan tomorrow even though I know I'll see very little. At docs today with throat infection...hoping my body starts behaving itself soon! :)

Aw I'm very jealous. So you'll also be 6+6 tomorrow?
    I'm away on holidays on Thursday and was debating whether or not to get a scan done tomorrow too before I tell my parents - thought it might be a bit early though to get a conclusive 'okay' considering my dates might be a day or two off so I've opted to wait until I get back :( I hope it goes really well and you can see that little heartbeat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 BroodyAllen

I'd leave it til after Mrs Whippy, might be too early to see anything and you'd only worry then! You could tell your parents and swear them to secrecy. I'm nervous about telling my parents before my scan in June but the way I see it, something could go wrong at any time and it's better to have the support x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

We have our first consultant appointment next tuesday and she will do a small scan. I am actually counting the days a little because I am a bit symptom free-which is great of course- but I also feel like i need reassurance. I was quite nauseous on my first and vomited at weekends (strange I know!) and I need confirmation of my very dodgy dates. That combined with my husband having been offered a new job/promotion in South Africa to move ASAP.... Well it's all a bit strange really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Suain

So had second scan today to check if fluid on left ovary had cleared. It hasn't but she didn't appeared fazed by it. She now has me at 8 wks today heartbeat is 156bpm. Feeling much happier, was really worried that absence of symptoms was building up to something negative. I hope everyone is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Really looking forward to getting a scan. I'm going to get a private one done soon - they said the earliest is at 8 weeks? but i'm debating whether to wait a little bit longer so there will be something remotely like a baby to see on the screen. I'm attending NMH and on my last pregnancy I got my first scan (with them) at 22 weeks, which is pretty late i think. I couldnt wait that long especially as i have no symptoms apart from being a bit more tired than usual.

Witchy,
    I had first internal scan at 7 weeks. We could see sac and heart beat. I had previous miscarriage so doc is more cautious. Plus I'm living in oz. get a scan if it will make you feel better. The lack of symptoms had me convinced pregnancy was doomed until I had first scan. We really should be thankful, I keep forgetting I'm pregnant ( must stay away from sav blanc) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ryanmrs2014

So had gp appointment this morning and pregnancy confirmed there with the urine test. Will get a call next week to go for early scan, so fingers crossed this one will be ok, 7 weeks 1 day today, tired and sore boobs, feeling of nausea comes and goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

In hospital all week with a bleed. Ended up it was two but we lost one baby. Just grateful we still have one tbh. Nine weeks now. Roll on our next scan

Ah high flyer,
    Very sorry to hear that. I hope you are doing ok. Hugs and kisses xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Hi all - back in here again for quick visit ;) I'm due 10th December, but I am thinking of telling my Mum, Dad and sister next weekend (will just be 10 weeks at this stage) All appointments, scans etc have been fine so far, baby seems happy and I feel strong and great so I cant foresee anything going wrong by week 12. Its weighing on me heavily not telling them and I really just want it 'out there' so I can relax and enjoy my pregnancy openly! Plus, it will give them a 2 weeks heads up before everyone else which I think is nice.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? Is that '12 week' rule something to be obeyed without reason??

Also, have my dating scan in CUMH on Wednesday 28th May (not entirely necessary, baby was conceived via IVF so dates are very clear but its first step in the system). Does anyone know what happens on this day - quick, in and out visit? Im presuming that they do the 20week anomaly scan and that his will be booked on the way out. To me this is the important one for my partner to arrange time off week to attend rather than the 12 week dating scan?

First timer - experience appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Hi all - back in here again for quick visit ;) I'm due 10th December, but I am thinking of telling my Mum, Dad and sister next weekend (will just be 10 weeks at this stage) All appointments, scans etc have been fine so far, baby seems happy and I feel strong and great so I cant foresee anything going wrong by week 12. Its weighing on me heavily not telling them and I really just want it 'out there' so I can relax and enjoy my pregnancy openly! Plus, it will give them a 2 weeks heads up before everyone else which I think is nice.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? Is that '12 week' rule something to be obeyed without reason??

Also, have my dating scan in CUMH on Wednesday 28th May (not entirely necessary, baby was conceived via IVF so dates are very clear but its first step in the system). Does anyone know what happens on this day - quick, in and out visit? Im presuming that they do the 20week anomaly scan and that his will be booked on the way out. To me this is the important one for my partner to arrange time off week to attend rather than the 12 week dating scan?

First timer - experience appreciated!!

Hopping over from the July thread! In my opinion the 12 week rule is more important for friends, acquaintances, work etc. We took a week or 10 days to let the news sink in ourselves then we told our parents and siblings. If something had gone wrong we would have confided in them so I see no reason not to share the joy as well. Plus the first trimester is the hardest for a lot of women so at least I could chat to my mam and sister about that, it was hard enough hiding that stuff in work!!

Thanks Ocean Blue - yes, Im going to go ahead and tell them. Its will be a surprise as I'm 36 and this is number one but I know they'll be delighted. There's only one grandchild in our family so a 2nd one will be a very welcome addition. Having a 'sleepover' at Nana's house (My parents) next weekend with mum, dad, sister and her boy. I guess I'll get it over and done with in one fell swoop! Nervous and excited - and still getting used to the idea myself (!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Thanks Ocean Blue - yes, Im going to go ahead and tell them. Its will be a surprise as I'm 36 and this is number one but I know they'll be delighted. There's only one grandchild in our family so a 2nd one will be a very welcome addition. Having a 'sleepover' at Nana's house (My parents) next weekend with mum, dad, sister and her boy. I guess I'll get it over and done with in one fell swoop! Nervous and excited - and still getting used to the idea myself (!)

I'm 31 and married 4 years. You'd swear I was a 16 Year old who got pregnant by mistake when it came to telling my folks!! I was so nervous, it took my hours to spit it out. I think it's partly that It made it 'real' once people knew, and also that I was kind of second - guessing whether I should say anything quite early in the pregnancy but I'm glad I did in the end :)

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    I'm 31 and married 4 years. You'd swear I was a 16 Year old who got pregnant by mistake when it came to telling my folks!! I was so nervous, it took my hours to spit it out. I think it's partly that It made it 'real' once people knew, and also that I was kind of second - guessing whether I should say anything quite early in the pregnancy but I'm glad I did in the end :)

That's totally it! Im with my partner 13 years, we own our house, comfortable (enough) lifestyle and I am SO freaking nervous about telling them. I feel like Im about 12 again and am in trouble..... Ridiculous!!

I actually don't know how I'm going to tell my family either, despite it being a very much wanted grandchild! Haha

First appointment yesterday and it looks like my dates are off- unsurprisingly!!! She thought yesterday more like 30th dec but back in 2 weeks to have another look! Told my brother and sister via t-shirt on DS yesterday. It's early but I would be telling them if anything happened anyway. Had told the parents already. I don't even think about it just told them DS was going to have a brother or sister!

Week 9 and my symptoms have really increased, more tiredness, sickness and backache... telling myself it's a good sign (silver lining!)

• Advertisement

Week 9 and my symptoms have really increased, more tiredness, sickness and backache... telling myself it's a good sign (silver lining!)

Ah that's tough going - sorry to hear that. From what I've read (zero experience myself!) things should start easing off in the next 2 or 3 weeks, fingers crossed for you :)

On a somewhat similar note, my GP ahs been monitoring my bloods closely for the last few weeks. My white cell blood count was noticeable high (15), went up to 18 the following week. Was prescribed a week of antibiotics, had new bloods done last week. Got a call today, only came down to 14??

Being sent for ultrasound on my abdomen, gall bladder and liver to check everything. Definite curve ball in what has otherwise been a relatively easy 10 weeks so far.

Has anyone had experience of high white blood cell count while pregnant? Everything go alright? Slightly nervous and little apprehensive now, :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 laobhaise

hi everyone,
    Congrats to you all- our date is dec 14/15. I'm was hoping for a home birth with Holles Street, but i'm just outside the catchment area (by less an 1km!). I'm currently looking for a community midwife - is anyone else going through this?
    I'm also freaking out about telling people... I'm happy to tell friends, but I'm hesitant about telling family, as they are not close (either emotionally or by location). I see them this weekend for the first time since we have found out, and I'm really torn about what to say/how to act.
    I've also had a strange 'encounter' with a friend, who had guessed by certain clues (not drinking.. feeling ill etc) and called to check how i was and insisted until we confirmed it. All very strange.

Best of luck with it laobhaise! Were you at the home birth conference a few weeks ago? Its not an option for me but I admire you ladies who do it- no need for this huge medicalisation of childbirth but it's a huge task trying to get it in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

laobhaise wrote: »
    hi everyone,
    Congrats to you all- our date is dec 14/15. I'm was hoping for a home birth with Holles Street, but i'm just outside the catchment area (by less an 1km!). I'm currently looking for a community midwife - is anyone else going through this?
    I'm also freaking out about telling people... I'm happy to tell friends, but I'm hesitant about telling family, as they are not close (either emotionally or by location). I see them this weekend for the first time since we have found out, and I'm really torn about what to say/how to act. .

Hi laobhaise
    I'm having a home-birth too, but with the Holles Street midwives. That's such a shame you are outside their catchment area. Will they not consider it at all??

I had a home-birth on my last baby, and I didn't tell anyone in my family I think until i was in my third trimester. I was very confident in my decision, but didn't really feel like I had to keep justifying my decision, and answering questions about safety - which is nearly the first thing everyone says. I just told everyone I was going to Holles Street until I was ready.

Good luck with finding your midwife.
    There is a homebirth association - you could try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

We went for the 8 week scan today, we're happy that everything looks good and the heartbeat is fine. Feels much more real now. Next scan is at 22 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 laobhaise

thanks Wicklori and witchity2! Yes we went to the homebirth association conference, I had literally started looking into it the day before, so it was good timing! I wish I had known beforehand how not straightforward it is (its my first)- I am 280 metres outside the d6w boundary line for Holles Street scheme.
    I'm waiting to hear back from the third midwife I've contacted, and I think there are two more I could try. If not, I might get back in touch with Holles Street and plead my case.
    I agree Witchity2 about just say I'm going to Holles street for now, and then we'll see. Its the first grandchild so I'm expecting alot of questions.
    Good Luck to all you ladies :)

Am envious of all you ladies who are planning a homebirth, I think it would be such a lovely experience, and proven to be safer for uncomplicated cases I believe?

I'm dreading the hospital/semi-p experience this time around after the domino scheme but I guess I've no choice in the matter. Has anyone here had a VBAC? Not sure yet which I'd prefer, the section last time was pretty straightforward and I had a fast recovery, but having a 2 year old toddler this time might change things :)

8+1 today and the tiredness is debilitating! Scan next Thursday so just holding out til then.

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Am envious of all you ladies who are planning a homebirth, I think it would be such a lovely experience, and proven to be safer for uncomplicated cases I believe?

I'm dreading the hospital/semi-p experience this time around after the domino scheme but I guess I've no choice in the matter. Has anyone here had a VBAC? Not sure yet which I'd prefer, the section last time was pretty straightforward and I had a fast recovery, but having a 2 year old toddler this time might change things :)

8+1 today and the tiredness is debilitating! Scan next Thursday so just holding out til then.

I'd be hoping for a VBAC mrsw. Like you my section the first time was a great experience but talked to my consultant the other day at first appointment and she agrees it would be good to work towards one this time.
    Our scan put me back 2 weeks but not for definite so I don't know yet if I truly belong in this group but I might hang on if that's ok!!

I have always wondered about a home birth myself, I'll be looking forward to your birth story when the time comes :) I'm too chicken to go for it myself, there's a family history of difficult births including my own!

• Advertisement

Hi ladies,
    How are we all going? I'm still suffering NO symptoms ( not tired, sick, no sore boobs etc). Currently 10 weeks gone, have nuchal fold (Down syndrome scan) on June 4th. Planning on telling family and friends then as will be 12 weeks gone. Not at risk for downs, but doc offered so taking it as an opportunity to make sure everything is fine before sharing our news.
    Looking forward to hearing your updates,
    Suain

Advertisement