Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

ooh so I will be scanned on first visit, I didnt realise, that's why I booked the private one for sat.

I *think* so yes! Though given your history, I think they would probably make sure to scan you even if it wasn't their policy. If not, make sure to ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 calendarqueen

Cobwebs.

I'm attending the coombe and received 2 letters together - one with my booking appointment and one with a scan appointment. Both for the same day but at different times. Now my appointment is for one of their satellite clinics so I don't know if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CobwebsCottage

Thanks Calenarqueen,

I didnt get the letter at all, i was moving house at the time so it may have been sent to the old address. I rang when I hadnt heard anything and they just said my appointment was for the 12th.......maybe ill give them another call just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi. I'll be joining in here. Got our first scan last Thursday and I'm 14 weeks. Couldn't believe it! Total surprise :)

Due December 4th - I've a holiday booked for the second week in October. Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Had my 12 scan last week, so nerve wracking but an amazing experience to see everything.. Also am out of the closet now which is great..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

How lovely nuttykat! We're seeing our little one on Friday, can't wait :) I'm more or less 'out' to everyone too, which is good because the bump has popped out all of a sudden!

Well that's the booking appointment done and dusted! The only unpleasant part was trying to get bloods taken, my veins are tiny and flat as pancakes. They had to take it from my hand in the end which eventually worked. BP and everything else is fine thank God, my BMI is unfortunately on the high side but so far isn't causing any problems.

Finally, we got a look at bubs and my dates are more or less right, due 17th December and not the 15th as I originally thought (although if s/he arrives before Christmas I'll be thrilled!) It's so surreal seeing the little one wriggling around, when you can't feel a thing yourself. We saw kicking and a hand being put up to the mouth, we may have a thumbsucker on our hands! Good strong heartbeat too :)

Congrats Dolbert! :)

I had my booking appt last Wednesday too, great to see a bopping, healthy baby too. Such a relief. I went to Holles St semi-p and was really impressed with the staff, they were fab and had plenty of time for us.

I've been avoiding the scales and was dismayed to see I've put on more than 4kg in 10 weeks - not happy about that one bit! No wonder my clothes don't fit any more :/ Don't think I put on half that during the last pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oak2014

Dolbert wrote: »
    Well that's the booking appointment done and dusted! The only unpleasant part was trying to get bloods taken, my veins are tiny and flat as pancakes. They had to take it from my hand in the end which eventually worked. BP and everything else is fine thank God, my BMI is unfortunately on the high side but so far isn't causing any problems.

Finally, we got a look at bubs and my dates are more or less right, due 17th December and not the 15th as I originally thought (although if s/he arrives before Christmas I'll be thrilled!) It's so surreal seeing the little one wriggling around, when you can't feel a thing yourself. We saw kicking and a hand being put up to the mouth, we may have a thumbsucker on our hands! Good strong heartbeat too :)

Congrats. So exciting!!! I had my 12 weeks scan yesterday. Didnt get to hear the heartbeat though...next scan week 20! Baby looks good. Just told everyone in work. It's real now hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

15 weeks this week and starting to feel very "normal" - I guess this is fine?? Its as if the all early pregnancy symptoms have completely disappeared? First timer so Im unsure if this is the usual thing to expect. Just to add, I don't have any spotting, cramps or pain - just feel quite ordinary down there for last week or 2. I'm probably over worrying!

• Advertisement

It all sounds normal Plek Trum. I'm 14 weeks and my sickness had been easing off, until yesterday when I got a horrible migraine which made me sick :( I couldn't take the normal medication so had to muddle through with paracetamol and lots of water. It lasted over 24 hours, I'm only just feeling normal again this morning. I'm blaming the heat, will be knocking back water to beat the band from now on!

Thanks Dolbert - been out cutting the grass, doing the washing, walking has gotten back to normal etc. Its a good thing I guess so! Im generally a very laid back person and I really don't think anything awful has happened (bump has grown if anything). Looking for reassurance I guess (!) Plenty of water in the heat for sure, mix it up with some sparkling water, add cucumber and mint etc so you don't get bored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oak2014

Plek Trum wrote: »
    15 weeks this week and starting to feel very "normal" - I guess this is fine?? Its as if the all early pregnancy symptoms have completely disappeared? First timer so Im unsure if this is the usual thing to expect. Just to add, I don't have any spotting, cramps or pain - just feel quite ordinary down there for last week or 2. I'm probably over worrying!

I am a first timer too. I'm 12 weeks and 2 days and feel more like myself now. Still a little tired but grand like. I think its normal :D

Yeah feeling 'normal' here too, don't knock it! Won't be long before you won't be able to remember what 'not pregnant' feels like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Nuchal scan yesterday and thankfully everything looked great! Dates changed again! Looking like 27th now! I was an emotional wreck yesterday- nowhere near that bad the first time around. Sobbed all morning!! Saw feet, hands, leges, nose, eyes, and litle butterfly shaped brain- oh and heard all important thump, thump, thump!! Happy out- if still very nauseous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

12 week scan showed no baby. Missed miscarriage diagnosed. It's disappointing. Best of luck, ladies!

Entropy7 wrote: »
    12 week scan showed no baby. Missed miscarriage diagnosed. It's disappointing. Best of luck, ladies!

I'm so so sorry Entropy :(

I'm so sorry to hear that Entropy :( Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone. So had our 12 week appt and scan this morning with the domino midwife. Everything went great, couldn't get over the scan, the baby was wriggling around like mad and arms and legs kicking, mad the way it can do that at this stage was so lovely to see. Had bloods and urine tests will know results Monday, blood pressure and bmi normal. This afternoon we announced to everyone else so no more keeping it secret, it feels great :-))

Entropy7 wrote: »

I'm so sorry to hear, mind yourself xx

• Advertisement

15 weeks today, where is the time going :eek: The constant nausea has abated for me, but it's been replaced by sudden barfing out of nowhere (delightful). I'm feeling pretty well overall though. How are we all doing?

Dolbert wrote: »
    15 weeks today, where is the time going :eek: The nausea has abated for me, but it's been replaced by sudden barfing out of nowhere (delightful). I'm feeling pretty well overall though. How are we all doing?

Jees, that doesn't sound like much craic! Hope that passes soon Dolbert.

Yeah feeling good myself thanks, a bit too good so am second guessing myself and whether I'm still pregnant at all! :) Am 13.5 weeks today, so it's kinda flying along now :)

Edit: Who's finding out the sex of the baby? I'm still torn, arrgghhhh!!

We've decided to find out at the 20 week scan :) Husband wanted to wait initially but he's changed his mind! We have no preference either way so it's just because we can really. Can't wait to get a better look at the little'un!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

er1983 wrote: »

Hey everyone. So had our 12 week appt and scan this morning with the domino midwife.

Which Domino scheme are you part off?

godtabh wrote: »
    Which Domino scheme are you part off?

The one in University Hospital Waterford

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

er1983 wrote: »
    The one in University Hospital Waterford

Different times for different hospitals it seems

Woah - major growth spurt yesterday!

I'm 16 weeks this week and yesterday "Bump" must have been in great form and decided to have a little stretch and get growing. Spent my first day and evening ever actually feeling 'pregnant'. No pain, but swelling pressure (nothing to be alarmed about though). I feel and look as if my tum has grown about an inch over night... here we go I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Has anybody started buying stuff yet? Or sorting out a baby room?

I've a lot I'd like to get done in the house but a lot of it might be ott :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monkey tree

Hi there all. I am new to these pregnancy threads! I had my first scan on Wednesday and was given 2 dates, one of which was the 31st of December, the other was the 2nd of January so I didn't know which thread to post on...the Dec or Jan!

This will be my 2nd. My daughter was 14 this month! I had no complications what so ever with my pregnancy with her. However I had pink discharge last Tuesday evening, hence the scan, which showed a heartbeat of 173! I was so relieved and grateful. My G.P was not in the slightest bit concerned and everything else was ok, like BP, urinalysis etc.

I am so worried though, as today my OH and I had intercourse, ( sorry if tmi) When I went to the loo about an hour and half later I had a streak of fresh blood in mucus on the toilet paper. I am truly scared now. I will obviously speak to my G.P on Monday. In the meantime has anyone here ever experienced such?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

If there is anyone here on their second or subsequent baby, have you felt movement yet? I'm 15 weeks this week and am getting paranoid that I haven't felt anything yet (was 17 weeks on first baby).

Sorry Monkey_tree, can't help you there :( Best of luck with the GP today, hope he/she can allay your fears.

Advertisement