Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

My appetite is though the bleedin' roof! For food, not lovin', unfortunately for the hubby :pac: I generally feel a bit iffy in the mornings but that goes away quickly, then by lunchtime I'm ravenous! I'm getting so excited and am just itching to tell everyone!

Me too - I've started to start to bring extra bits of fruit, few crackers and cheese etc, yoghurt to work with me VERY day. I seem to HAVE to eat every 2 - 3 hours. Mad thing is I'd usually be the one to run out and buy the scones, jellies, chocolate or croissants for a quick snack in work. Trying to do it all properly - the girls in the office are well miffed with the sudden change in treats haha! Told them its a new health regime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dizzymisslizzy

Ok..... a lot calmer than I was when I first posted :) Go it all confirmed yesterday by my gp. Conceived 3 weeks ago so I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I'm peeing the WHOLE time, want mozzarella on EVERYTHING, crying at anything and still in total shock.
    I've no idea how to describe it but I have this 'feeling' in my stomach and my body just feels different? Is that just me being crazy?

Also....I'm due Xmas day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

I've no idea how to describe it but I have this 'feeling' in my stomach and my body just feels different? Is that just me being crazy?

Also....I'm due Xmas day!!!

Here's your due date buddy :)

Yeah. I have a constant 'feeling' there too. Like a very very mild cramp and the very odd twinge. Though not as frequent as last week. Getting tingling boobs on and off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

And so the vomiting has started..... Won't keep it a secret too long now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 BroodyAllen

And so the vomiting has started..... Won't keep it a secret too long now!!!

Highflyer sorry to hear that... I've been nauseated for a week and really really hoping it doesn't turn into vomiting :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Very excited to be in the December group. Due on the 17th. It's our second and baby is only 5 months old so we will be very busy! Have all the symptoms. Very tired which isn't as easy this time as can't just go for naps whenever I want when we have a 5 month old to look after. Looking forward to be able to tell people now as everyone keeps asking why I'm so tired and if I'm sick because I look wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

Very excited to be able to join the December group. Due the 17th and seems a bit surreal as this is number 2 and I was in the November 2013 group, baby is just 5 months old! Have all the symptoms and very tired. Looking forward to be able to tell people because everyone keeps asking if I'm sick because I look wrecked and why I'm so tired! Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Congrats wex83 and welcome! You will be a very busy lady but it'll be fab to have your two close in age. If all goes to plan for me then I'll be taking this approach too - if I'm able! Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Anybody getting slight urinary incontinence? It happened (once) when my gf was asleep and she's wondering if anyone gets thing at this early stage. She has no other problems with peeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Suain

Had scan today, thought I was 7 weeks 2 days. But was told 6 weeks 2 instead. Brings me to dec 21st. Thankfully all seems normal, heartbeat is 128bom and position is correct. Will have another scan in a week or 2 as she wants to check if fluid is gone off left ovary. Very relieved that all is ok.
    I hope you ladies are all doing well.

• Advertisement

Suain wrote: »
    Had scan today, thought I was 7 weeks 2 days. But was told 6 weeks 2 instead. Brings me to dec 21st. Thankfully all seems normal, heartbeat is 128bom and position is correct. Will have another scan in a week or 2 as she wants to check if fluid is gone off left ovary. Very relieved that all is ok.
    I hope you ladies are all doing well.

That's brilliant news Suain. I can imagine it's annoying that you're one week behind where you thought you were, but great that all looks good and healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Anybody getting slight urinary incontinence? It happened (once) when my gf was asleep and she's wondering if anyone gets thing at this early stage. She has no other problems with peeing.

Can't say I have but I'm definitely sleeping very very deeply at night time as I'm so tired. Increased need to pee is very common, possible that your gf wsa just so wrecked she slept through?

I would recommend pelvic floor exercises for sure, (myself included), I've heard too many stories of the after effects of childbirth and those who didn't do them!! Have a google and would be no harm to start now, possibly avoid drinks / liquids too close to bedtime too. I'm up during the night to pee but that's nothing new to my routine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Can't say I have but I'm definitely sleeping very very deeply at night time as I'm so tired. Increased need to pee is very common, possible that your gf wsa just so wrecked she slept through?

I would recommend pelvic floor exercises for sure, (myself included), I've heard too many stories of the after effects of childbirth and those who didn't do them!! Have a google and would be no harm to start now, possibly avoid drinks / liquids too close to bedtime too. I'm up during the night to pee but that's nothing new to my routine!

I second doing the pelvic floor muscles consistantly throughout your pregnancy- I did not and after I had my lo I had terrible incontinence issues for 5-6 weeks postnatal. I have learned my lesson and if I ever have another child I will be doing my pelvic floor muscles all the time!
    (Ps I had a December 2012 baby- I can't believe there is a December 2014 thread already! Best of luck mammies to be and congratulations!)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

I'm also in the club. Just over 5 weeks and number 3. Due the 29th, but going on my last 2 It will be more like 2 weeks later!

Feeling great apart from peeing all the time and being tired. Cant wait to start telling everyone. The two kids will be thrilled. Planning on a homebirth with Holles Street community midwives.

Currently getting the gawks at my desk. *boke* Mustn't... blow... chunks cover...

Does anyone still have mild cramping at 6 weeks? I feel like crap, have awful indigestion, and my back is aching.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bert n ernie

Yes,me too,asked my doc,its just your muscles relaxing slightly. Hope it'll wear off in a few weeks as baby moves up and off my bladder :-)

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Does anyone still have mild cramping at 6 weeks? I feel like crap, have awful indigestion, and my back is aching.

Rant over.

I'm the same. Constant nausea and I can't even look at my boobs they are so sore lately

mrsWhippy wrote: »

Rant over.

I'm 7 weeks today and the cramping has been the same for the past few weeks. Very period like -wasn't expecting it! But then again it's my 1st pregnancy so I didnt know what to expect.
    I'm eating like a hound, not sleeping great and am constantly wrecked.
    And not to forget the nausea and headaches!
    How is everybody else today?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi all,

I'm seven weeks tomorrow, time is creeping by very slowly! Just want to be able to tell people..have a wedding tomorrow and no idea how I'm going to handle the looks for not drinking! plus my boobs are getting massive.. Still small worry really, delighted to be at this stage!

• Advertisement

Oh lord what a night. Just home from hospital. Woke up to pee and had , what i now know is spotting. Rang mam and went to a&e in a panic. Baby and I are both fine and I have a scan with the early pregnancy unit on Wednesday.
    For something unplanned and unexpected...I've never felt more protective of anything then I did of my baby tonight. It's a strange and wonderful feeling

Glad everything is alright dizzymisslizzy. That was an awful fright to get, you poor thing. At least you know everything is ok thank god!
    Look after yourself.

Hugs dizzymisslizzy. Apparently some women get spotting all the time and have fine healthy pregnancies. Doesn't make it any less scary!

My nausea is stretching out over the day now, used to get it in the morning only. Have two big events this weekend to get through too. The sooner the cat's out of the bag the better!

Glad everything is ok dizzy!!! I'd say you got an awful fright alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pinkpolarbear

Hi,

I just found out a while ago I'm pregnant. I am due on the 15th December and my first time so I am super excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I'm new here too.

5 weeks 4 days so far on my first pregnancy. Estimated due date is 30th December. Just Booked In online for Holles Street today.

We're really excited about the whole thing. So happy since we found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi Girls, so excited to be joining ye after almost 2 years TTC!

5 weeks and 5 days today, edd 29th Dec.

I'd pretty much given up on getting pregnant naturally and was waiting for an appointment for more tests. I spent the last month in a hospice with my Dad who passed away 2 days after I found out I was pregnant. Even though he was barely conscious it was really special to be able to tell him I was pregnant before he passed away.

It's so strange the way the timing worked out especially as my sister is 8 months pregnant too.

Had a lot of headaches, burping and nausea at the start. Now I have really sore boobs, and all sorts of cramps and pains. Mostly feel like period pain and sometimes a sharper pulling pain.

Going for my first docs appointment on Tuesday- hoping to get an early scan at 9 weeks or so to ease the worry a bit! Roll on all the happy healthy Christmas babies! :)

I was really craving a takeaway last night, and it was lovely for the 5 minutes it stayed down!

8 weeks tomorrow, where is the time going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Has anybody experienced mouth ulcers or hives?! Mouth is so sore and all I want to do is scratch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ryanmrs2014

Hi Everyone, back posting here again. Was in the Nov 2014 thread previously but ended up having an early miscarriage. We have just found out I'm pregnant again, I'm 6wks + 4 days so I hope this time everything goes ok. Will be ringing gp in morning to make an appt to try get early scan booked in, fingers crossed for this one as we've been trying over a year now and it's our first

Advertisement